Rolling Thunder Forums

MK I Flag Bridge

WKE235

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're just happy to have it confirmed we're already on the right track.

It's nice to know it's out there and there are still people who don't mind sharing. Gives me a warm feeling all over [not an easy thing for a winged reptile!]. :wub:

Sadly, at our stage of development, increasing Bridge capability means adding another chair and cutting a window so they can see out. <_<

:cannon::cheers:

Have you at least advanced past the stage where increasing Weapons capability means having another crewbeing standing in the back for the bridge yelling "ZAP! ZZZZT! FWWOMMP!" ? :cheers:

We're just happy to have it confirmed we're already on the right track.

It's nice to know it's out there and there are still people who don't mind sharing. Gives me a warm feeling all over [not an easy thing for a winged reptile!]. :wub:

Sadly, at our stage of development, increasing Bridge capability means adding another chair and cutting a window so they can see out. <_<

If you want that warm feeling sustained, may I suggest Mk I Heat Lamp tech? I think it is down the Plasma Hellbore tech tree. Or was it related to Thermal Regulators? So much tech, so few RC's.

Have you at least advanced past the stage where increasing Weapons capability means having another crewbeing standing in the back for the bridge yelling "ZAP! ZZZZT! FWWOMMP!" ? :cannon:

SHAME ON YOU! :wub:

We're Winged Reptiles and such sounds are only heard after the statement "I'm flying towards the pretty blue light!" <_<

Thanks WKE,

I think that getting this info spread around faster is the best way to go. The sooner we all start putting it to use, the better it will be for the game. As it is now, masses of screens are still viable during a large section of empire development. By everyone knowing how to get to the Flag bridges, it will shrink this window of time that massess of screens are viable.

Rememer one thing though, a ship with a flag bridge is THE primary target in flag bridge vs flag bridge battle. If you lose your flagships and the enemy still has his AND screens....you are toast :cannon:

/Locklyn

Have you at least advanced past the stage where increasing Weapons capability means having another crewbeing standing in the back for the bridge yelling "ZAP! ZZZZT! FWWOMMP!" ? :cannon:

SHAME ON YOU! <_<

We're Winged Reptiles and such sounds are only heard after the statement "I'm flying towards the pretty blue light!" :cheers:

So, I take it there hasn't been any interest in developing electric fences in your race. Snap, crackle, Pop. :wub:

Just build alot of big ships with flag bridges......2500000 adv electronics is not so steep , and just a half million tons weight , no problem.....just takes awhile to get some of the prereq's....so you definitely won't have them by turn 50 unless you specialize all your rc to flag bridge . I definitely will not build any screens with any of my positions , though . And I bet if you use some of the prereq's from the flag bridge research on the smaller ships , they will target the screen less too .

Just build alot of big ships with flag bridges......2500000 adv electronics is not so steep , and just a half million tons weight , no problem.....just takes awhile to get some of the prereq's....so you definitely won't have them by turn 50 unless you specialize all your rc to flag bridge . I definitely will not build any screens with any of my positions , though . And I bet if you use some of the prereq's from the flag bridge research on the smaller ships , they will target the screen less too .

Well, quite frankly, Mk I Flag bridges are needed when you start spotting Planetary Citadels that weigh over 1 Billion tons, have over 1 Trillion Integrity due to Tckon 68 (and being on a planet surfce), and can dish out 25 Billion in damage per combat round due to weapons. Or on a more mobile aspect, Dreadnaughts weighing in at 100+ Million with 50 Billion in force shields dishing out similar amounts of damage. If there was no way to get around screens, players could build defenses that could be extremely costly to beat, almost impossible. Of course that means moving into the age of slug fests, where huge behemoth ships battle each other for supremecy.

Now if we could only build recycler ships to collect the debris from such battles.....

I will be one of the minority I suppose. I would prefer not to see anything close to leading edge tech being posted or given away. Nothing wrong with letting something go once a fair number of people have it, but it pretty much spoils it for those of us that have been playing the longest and have either worked hard to ferret out a tech line or have been lucky enough to stumble across it.

I have nothing against any of you all out there, especially those who are only into a position a year or two, but tech research is a key aspect of the game and I hate to see it ruined for anybody. No matter the good intention.

:cannon:

Have you at least advanced past the stage where increasing Weapons capability means having another crewbeing standing in the back for the bridge yelling "ZAP! ZZZZT! FWWOMMP!" ? <_<
SHAME ON YOU! :cheers:

We're Winged Reptiles and such sounds are only heard after the statement "I'm flying towards the pretty blue light!" :(

So, I take it there hasn't been any interest in developing electric fences in your race. Snap, crackle, Pop. :cheers:

Actually, there was; but we found the field tests somewhat of a trial. Usually consisting of "Is it on now?" [reference above noises], and a promotional opprotunity for another new technician. :blink:

I never said we were 'very bright' winged reptiles. Unless you count the moment they touched the fence! :wub:

So, have I missed anyone who requested information? As an added bonus, research on this appears to be quick. IE, the bar looks like it's about 1/3 done already, in the good range, and one turn of research. Just like the Transwarp Drive items (my Antimatter TWD research also was an instant 1/3 done).