Rolling Thunder Forums

Underdeep Rises!

Locklyn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appalled citizens all over the Empire mourn the loss of one of the oldest of the Galactic Explorer fleets that was pushing the outwards known boundaries of the Empire. An hitherto unknown alien race struck first without any warning or early border marker fleets and the Emperor has decided to quickly send an Armed Recovery Strike Force to search for survivors of this heinous deed. Though the Empire has been at peace of late, at least the Imperial Industrial Corporate Sector seems happy for this event...

(Wheee an enemy!!! Whopee!! I was growing soooo bored)

Yes, this is an unprovoked act of War. Any sensible Empire knows to mark the inner 15 systems of their Empire with sensor marker fleets at every warp point and gas giant as to ensure that alien races know that they are encroaching on another Empires territory and are aware that they may be blasted into smithereens shortly.

Oh well, our ARSF Fleet will take care of the Underdeep survivors as well...

The POINT is this is the reason he SAID the war was started, and NOW, a ship is on his side of a boarder? HOW? Is he not guilty of his own complaint? No warning marker fleets!

Typical, White Hat, ANY made up reason for a fight, when they want to act like a pirate.

Attacking out of boredom, nice guy. Hope the rest of the non allies in his area, or maybe allies he does not agree with are taking notice.

All the PA kept the Bob border with Lars agreement even though we knew where a HW was of his and the Bob border was only between Lars and Bob, this was back before Hellenic league, before Lars had his massive production, and even as his ships were busy with Hellenic league we stayed away. So we see this as what it is an attack without justification, PIRACY.

Gary, I thought you had left the boards because we did not take you seriously. Welcome back.

So what you are saying is Bob (ROE of X) is a Pirate because he attacked Lars (ROE of Q) without justification after crossing a border well known to all parties involved. I guess it is typical of the PA to attack without justification but I don't understand why you are calling a Bob a White Hat.

And what does it mean to say the ASRF fleet will take care of the Underdeep survivors? That sounds kind of chilling. I am glad I am not an Underdeep survivor.

I have left the boards, but an ally is dropping his position in part cause he thought Lars was a friend and does not want to fight him, while LARS is here on the board trashing him as the attacker!

Appalled citizens all over the Empire mourn the loss of one of the oldest of the Galactic Explorer fleets that was pushing the outwards known boundaries of the Empire. An hitherto unknown alien race struck first without any warning or early border marker fleets and the Emperor has decided to quickly send an Armed Recovery Strike Force to search for survivors of this heinous deed. Though the Empire has been at peace of late, at least the Imperial Industrial Corporate Sector seems happy for this event...

(Wheee an enemy!!! Whopee!! I was growing soooo bored)

Yes, this is an unprovoked act of War. Any sensible Empire knows to mark the inner 15 systems of their Empire with sensor marker fleets at every warp point and gas giant as to ensure that alien races know that they are encroaching on another Empires territory and are aware that they may be blasted into smithereens shortly.

Oh well, our ARSF Fleet will take care of the Underdeep survivors as well...

The POINT is this is the reason he SAID the war was started, and NOW, a ship is on his side of a boarder? HOW? Is he not guilty of his own complaint? No warning marker fleets!

Typical, White Hat, ANY made up reason for a fight, when they want to act like a pirate.

Attacking out of boredom, nice guy. Hope the rest of the non allies in his area, or maybe allies he does not agree with are taking notice.

All the PA kept the Bob border with Lars agreement even though we knew where a HW was of his and the Bob border was only between Lars and Bob, this was back before Hellenic league, before Lars had his massive production, and even as his ships were busy with Hellenic league we stayed away. So we see this as what it is an attack without justification, PIRACY.

Gary, I thought you had left the boards because we did not take you seriously. Welcome back.

So what you are saying is Bob (ROE of X) is a Pirate because he attacked Lars (ROE of Q) without justification after crossing a border well known to all parties involved. I guess it is typical of the PA to attack without justification but I don't understand why you are calling a Bob a White Hat.

And what does it mean to say the ASRF fleet will take care of the Underdeep survivors? That sounds kind of chilling. I am glad I am not an Underdeep survivor.

I have left the boards, but an ally is dropping his position in part cause he thought Lars was a friend and does not want to fight him, while LARS is here on the board trashing him as the attacker!

MORE DETAILS!!!! MORE DETAILS!!!! THIS IS GOOD!!!!

Lars and his builders empire knows what I am talking about.

Some friend.

ROE at you guys HW is set at come on in and take a look? Any way NOT talking to you just Lars other than if you trust him, to me he appears to be another MMB.

Let us know details it sounds interesting. Why the secrecy?

View from ME, or a tragic love story

In the beginning God created Bob and Lars. Bob joined the PA and Lars joined the Star League(I think that was the name) The Star League found a cheat early on, they found they could ANZ any item whose name they could spell. This gave them the path to many items that everyone not using the CHEAT, did not have any knowledge. The Cheat was eliminated by the GM, but that did not remove the knowledge from the Star League or help the others catch up to the Star League knowledge.

At this point the Devil was found to be a Star League member hiding in the form of MMB, what exactly made him the devil was not explained, but LARs took the lead in proclaiming MMB as the root of all evil.

At this point in the PA one member was not voted as alliance leader and took his toys and went home. Bob was a friend of this player and decided to also drop. Bob at this time transferred the Builders Empire, that was in contact with LARs to LARS, so he now had two Connected Empires to work together and give him a good start in the game. The other PA empires had not found Bob yet, and did not want to run his empires. I convinced Bob to stay with his Starfinder empire, as we had played many PBEM games together and won our share.

In the PA you can play your empire any way you want, we do not require you to attack or defend another PA member. Bob just wanted to empire build and that was fine with us.

In the PA if you start a war you are on your own, unless someone wants to help you, if you are attacked, Most will want to help you.

At this point Bob and LARs had a border, we had copies of the Builders turns, so we knew the HW, within a year, Starfinder, and the builders had been found. Remember this was EARLY in the game, no gates, no worms, most still only had their original HW.

The PA decided to pick up dropped PA positions and use them to test game theories. Unknown to us the player that left the PA had given the TG copies of the turns of several empires. These empires were absorbed into the TG, since they had been dropped for a year, they were easy to take out.

At this point among others MMB and Phasedragon joined the PA. MMB then left the PA for reasons unknown after a short stay he was probably only trying to get all the data he could, and Phasedragon left the game, NOW I HAD TO LEARN SPREADSHEETS! Yes the Spread sheets are thanks to a PA member.

So we move the time up, LARs and Bob are connected, in the area are Phoenix, Underdeep, Luminera, BOB, Lars, Scanners, Scorpio, Fabrenee, another empires whose name I forget, Vlad, the shrike, crystalguy and IDE.

IDE begins a campaign to take out Phoenix, and Vlad is attacking Scorpio and Fabreenee, and the unnamed empire. Phoenix, Luminera and underdeep work together against Shrike, IDE, and Crystalguy. Take the Shrike and IDE HW's

MEGacraptor, Bene G, and the rest of TG come to IDE's aid, and take back the IDE hw.

The rest of the PA finds Phoenix, and the MUReans come to phoenix's aid to save Phoenix HW.

Probes and battles for 2 years

Lars tells Bob that his alliance is considering helping the TG. Lars tells Bob there is nothing he can do about it he is going to join the battle against the PA. Lars tells Bob he will not attack Bob's Starfinder. Lars finds the Underdeep, and claims the HW attacked him. Bob tells Lars he is running Underdeep but it is a dropped empire, and NOT moving war fleets. Lars again claims Underdeep is attacking him. Bob leaves game as he does not want to fight Lars. Lars is happy and continues to act like the vote of his alliance was Provoked somehow, when the VOTE was in before Lars found the Underdeep.

What happened to the original Empires in the area?

PA Empires

Luminera, pa Dropped

Underdeep Bob

Starfinder, Bob

Builders, PA given to LARS

Phoenix, TG conquered

NON TG AND NON PA EMPIRES

Scorpio, TG Conquered

Fabreenee, TG Conquered

Scanners, unknown, not attacked by PA

name forgotten Empire, TG Conquered

Lars, helped by PA, now at war with PA(the Devil made him do it)

TG Empires

Shrike, TG, PA conquered

IDE, TG got HW back

All rest out there somewhere

MEGacraptor, Bene G, and the rest of TG come to IDE's aid, and take back the IDE hw.

Gary, that just hurts my feelings - defecating on my empire name like that.

That was an interesting tale though. I don't know how accurate all of it is, but I certainly know some of your assumptions are incorrect.

I have a question. You've lumped me in with "the rest of TG" - What does that stand for and who are they? I've not heard of that group before. :rolleyes:

That was an interesting tale though. I don't know how accurate all of it is, but I certainly know some of your assumptions are incorrect.

I have a question. You've lumped me in with "the rest of TG" - What does that stand for and who are they? I've not heard of that group before. :thumbsup:

OH SORRY did I spell the empire name wrong?

I find it hard to believe you do not know who your allies are, your ships went into the Phoenix HW with Bene g and IDE. I think that would mean you are an ally of them, as there was no three way battle. TG is the tennesee group. Looks like I need to keep you better informed. :rolleyes:

I have a question. You've lumped me in with "the rest of TG" - What does that stand for and who are they? I've not heard of that group before. :thumbsup:

I find it hard to believe you do not know who your allies are, your ships went into the Phoenix HW with Bene g and IDE. I think that would mean you are an ally of them, as there was no three way battle. TG is the tennesee group. Looks like I need to keep you better informed. :rolleyes:

No problem with the name, I understand that you are working with a greatly diminished capacity right now..... I know that name must seem appropriate to you; after all, I've dumped quite a few loads on you haven't I?

Many thanks for letting me know I'm a member of a group I'd not heard of - you've made me feel quite special....... a member of the TG ! Sounds quite impressive, but it sure is a bit lonely being the only member of your fabrication.

Did the voices tell you about this 'Tennessee Group'?

I have a question. You've lumped me in with "the rest of TG" - What does that stand for and who are they? I've not heard of that group before. :unsure:

I find it hard to believe you do not know who your allies are, your ships went into the Phoenix HW with Bene g and IDE. I think that would mean you are an ally of them, as there was no three way battle. TG is the tennesee group. Looks like I need to keep you better informed. :jawdrop:

It was the Galactic Star League in the beginning. We had a lovely logo and minister positions and a very long and detailed charter.

I was just looking through my emails from back in 2003. The cheat mentioned allowed anyone to ANZ any name they had (which people were finding left and right through explores .. the old explorer code would give to a random boost to ANY item in the game you might every try to research, giving everyone lots of possible future tech names). But if you were unable to research the item, you did not get the requirements to the item -- just resource needs like 25,000 advanced steel. I was helping maintain the list of items researched / analyzed by GSL folks. And that's the information that was sent to me for posting in our shared excel listing.

So when Pete corrected the error, he felt no need to broadcast this as there was not a lot of benefit to knowing just the resources. I mean that's one reason tech trading was still useful in the game. I was able to early on trade the secrets to Mk I Antimatter Engines and Fusion Transwarp drives (found on a Neutral) to folks like MMB for information on Type A Plasma Torpedos or other such stuff as folks did not know the paths to the tech.

The big tech advantage GSL had came from trading of research / analyze information. Back in the start days I was receiving almost 40 emails per day from all the various GSL members trading what techs opened up what new techs, time to research and assigned RC's, item names discovered in explores, and more. With some folks using SRP to jump some levels along key tech paths, we had a pretty damn good grasp on what 4th and 5th generation techs existed in the game very, very quickly.

It was the Galactic Star League in the beginning. We had a lovely logo and minister positions and a very long and detailed charter.

I was just looking through my emails from back in 2003. The cheat mentioned allowed anyone to ANZ any name they had (which people were finding left and right through explores .. the old explorer code would give to a random boost to ANY item in the game you might every try to research, giving everyone lots of possible future tech names). But if you were unable to research the item, you did not get the requirements to the item -- just resource needs like 25,000 advanced steel. I was helping maintain the list of items researched / analyzed by GSL folks. And that's the information that was sent to me for posting in our shared excel listing.

So when Pete corrected the error, he felt no need to broadcast this as there was not a lot of benefit to knowing just the resources. I mean that's one reason tech trading was still useful in the game. I was able to early on trade the secrets to Mk I Antimatter Engines and Fusion Transwarp drives (found on a Neutral) to folks like MMB for information on Type A Plasma Torpedos or other such stuff as folks did not know the paths to the tech.

The big tech advantage GSL had came from trading of research / analyze information. Back in the start days I was receiving almost 40 emails per day from all the various GSL members trading what techs opened up what new techs, time to research and assigned RC's, item names discovered in explores, and more. With some folks using SRP to jump some levels along key tech paths, we had a pretty damn good grasp on what 4th and 5th generation techs existed in the game very, very quickly.

You could be telling what actually happened, that is not what I was told, I was told that full ANZ's were received. Actually, this shows once again the GM should actually communicate. Then I wonder how many dropped thinking they were too far behind? An explanation of the problem now fixed would of saved lots of anger outside the GSL.