Rolling Thunder Forums

THE FORUM

desfeeney

[yep I have :rolleyes:

if we spammers would stop.. then the forum would die...

if the forum dies.. new players who look at the forum thinks the game is dead..

which eventually will lead to that outcome...

so post more... get to know all those posters and man have some fun....

debates.. a bout what ? rules..? if a question is there I mail Russ...

a new and improved Victory.. well that is a discussion which is as old as Vic or Russ himself :woohoo:

strategies and how to do your first setup... or which tech.. ? well that depends on your country and neughbours...

politics.. nah that is done by a PM...

the forum is there to enhance the playing of Victory to make it even more fun.. to get to know the one you are battleing against instead of playing in utter silence...

live the life ...

Na...

Zhis is a 'propaganda' forum. So if you do not mind I will fill it with misinformation, lies, smokescreens, stories about my Panzertruppen und use it to kick my enemies into zhe dirt. Occasionaly I will do a little Spongebashing just for fun and because I hate him.

Seriously: I do post regularly. I try to keep close to the "spirit" of the game. I live my game character. Vic is meant to be fun after all. I have NO intention to offend anyone and Sponge can take the bashing (or so he confirmed long time ago).

You will find the serious side of me in the Strategy forum once in a while.

Von Manstein

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sponge Bashing is an international pastime. I look forward to the time when I can tackle the Man Stain on the battlefield.

You have to catch him before the treasury goes in the tank!

Did somebody say spongebashing? I spongebash all the way back to my profile page!

Seriously I have and continue to find all kinds of information about my enemies from the forum. it is amazing what some people let slip. and it is fun to talk smack when you are doing well. this game is no joke and if you do well you have a right to feel good about it and let others know.

Many people playing now have been doing so together for many, many years and you may be ta's with someone in one game and be fighting them in two others. despite what is said on the forum I think for the most part there is a good deal of respect among players and most people don't take things too seriously. perhaps for those who want serious discusions a thread can be opened specifically for that. Also if you don't like someones posts i believe there is a tool to block them(Never used it myself).

:rolleyes:

Im one of the irrelevent players :rolleyes:

Oh, no you don't...

I started the topic on Game 87...a game which is months away from starting. When it comes to being irrelevant I win hands down.

Guest Spongebob
I've started a new topic under "strategy and tactics" for those that want to prove that seriuos discussion is possible

I think we already have a whole forum dedicated to that.

I've started a new topic under "strategy and tactics" for those that want to prove that seriuos discussion is possible

Someone is trying to knock me off my pedestal as "Primoris Fossor" :rolleyes:

Guest Spongebob

Someone is trying to knock me off my pedestal as "Primoris Fossor" :rolleyes:

Sorry... I dont understand GIBBERISH :woohoo:

Sorry... I dont understand GIBBERISH :rolleyes:

My latin is a bit rusty, but

Primoris = "the first"

Fossor = "digger", but it can also mean "fool", so he's probably talking about you.

Guest Spongebob
Sorry... I dont understand GIBBERISH :woohoo:

My latin is a bit rusty, but

Primoris = "the first"

Fossor = "digger", but it can also mean "fool", so he's probably talking about you.

If what you say is correct then he is refering to himself as First Fool, however we all know the Sponge has held that crown long before Ali popped up. At least I am the winner at something :rolleyes:

One last thing (Being AN idiot - Thanks CurryArseIer :woohoo: ) you have dutch in brackets on your signature, what is that for?

One last thing (Being AN idiot - Thanks CurryArseIer :woohoo: ) you have dutch in brackets on your signature, what is that for?

In Europe 15 years ago Victory! was hosted by another company, which had a licence from RTG. It operated from the Netherlands. I guess there were good reasons for this: email was still something for the few, so everyone used printouts and written turn forms. Surface mail was slooow between the US and Europe.

So Game #2 [dutch] is not the same game as Game #2.

G'day Russ and players

Has anyone else noticed that the Forum has been dominated by a handfull of players

who simply rant and rave and contribute nothing of value or interest?

I am finding that the Forum is becoming largely irrelevant, boring and uninformative.

Perhaps players who wish to threaten/browbeat/denigrate other players could

use the Personal Message facility to send their message to their target player

and leave the Forum open to the serious business of informed debate.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this subject?

Cheers

Dear Des,

I do understand your point and maybe your frustation, but we all know that no serious topics, strategy, plans, tactics etc. will ever be discussed on the forum. But off course we can discuss my and my TA's good playing in VIC79...but also that is of no interest to someone. That why I am writing the "not interesting" stuff on the forum. And if someone doesn't like it, than only one remedie helps for 100%: don't read it.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greáter France in VIC79.

P.s. also played several games in Holland, the only numer I remember (for now) is #7, as Poland, my first one and won it.