Rolling Thunder Forums

Spongebob is the most Loved player ever

Guest Spongebob

Guest Spongebob
Oh Spongicus Magnus,

what is the earliest turn you ever did quit?

A fair question :( USA in game 76 lasted till T26 but my shortest rule was my beloved Denmark in game 78, I was defeated by Turn 8. The shortest time before I quit on my own was Trans Jordan in game 80 when I quit on T9

Now in 78 I was double crossed by HPW who pretended to by my ally while all the time he was in cahoots with the Monk, In 80 the Monk and his friends were my TA, they left me out to dry, ok so I lost 18 divisions in one go but that was forced upon me by the constant threats of abandonment if I did not do what the others said. They belived my failure to break with Syria was deliberate.

Anyway now you know why the Monk is so hated and should never be trusted.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Spongicus Magnus,

what is the earliest turn you ever did quit?

A fair question :( USA in game 76 lasted till T26 but my shortest rule was my beloved Denmark in game 78, I was defeated by Turn 8. The shortest time before I quit on my own was Trans Jordan in game 80 when I quit on T9

Now in 78 I was double crossed by HPW who pretended to by my ally while all the time he was in cahoots with the Monk, In 80 the Monk and his friends were my TA, they left me out to dry, ok so I lost 18 divisions in one go but that was forced upon me by the constant threats of abandonment if I did not do what the others said. They belived my failure to break with Syria was deliberate.

Anyway now you know why the Monk is so hated and should never be trusted.

Let me turn the story the right way.

Game 78:

Sponge played Denmark. Germany (HPW) do not know this and choose Denmark to be his first target. I arranged a small deal between Poland (who was TA with Denmark and Germany) and Germany. Germany took the province of Vejle knowing the main forces of Denmark are in xVejle. He ceded the province to Poland. Next turn Denmark attacked form xVejle into a adjacent province, ignoring the problem that he cannot withdraw to Vejle because this province was under control of his total ally. Result: destruction of Spongian forces in turn 5.

Game 80:

I decided to give the Sponge a chance and offered him a TA. He played Trans Jordan and I Egypt. We decided to play a variant where Egypt attacked Syria after Trans Jordan has successfully broken the NAP. What happened? From the beginning the Sponge ignored any advice. TJ build INF divisions broke the NAP and attacked with 18 divisions into Damascus. Not a bad move if the Sponge would have check that there is a withdraw location for his troops. There was none, he placed two division in the potential withdraw location and blocked it this way. Result lost of all divisions. He dropped immediately and it took me some weeks to convince him to transfer the position to a stand by player. The result of this disaster was that all our plans crumbled and most players of alliance left the game early.

The sponge is a mobile catastrophe for the allies and luck for his enemies. Ask Monty if you do not believe this.

The Monk

What the yellow victim does is ruin the game for other , serious players....and then he whines as if he were the one wronged.....I find that neither amusing , entertaining , or funny , and I find the yellow victim contemptable for doing this .

Guest Spongebob
What the yellow victim does is ruin the game for other , serious players....and then he whines as if he were the one wronged.....I find that neither amusing , entertaining , or funny , and I find the yellow victim contemptable for doing this .

How would you know shafted? eh? you dont even play Victory so all you have to go on is second hand knowledge from a third rate source based on circumstance and hearsay. There are far more contemptale characters in this game than myself yet I have the good grace to not mention them. Get off your high horse and preach to someone who gives a damm.

I may not play Victory! except in g78 , but I can read what you write , and I have many of the turn files from g78.....I also happen to know Dark Monk personally for almost 20 years , and I know his character well.....it is contemptable when you try to make him a dishonest player , which Michael is not. He is the best ally you could have , as long a you are somewhat sane and work as a team player , something you have never done , and still don't seem to do , based on what Monty is saying in g83....so as long as you whine and whimper about how Dark Monk has so badly mistreated you , then I will post against your idiotic prattle....

Guest Spongebob
I may not play Victory! except in g78 , but I can read what you write , and I have many of the turn files from g78.....I also happen to know Dark Monk personally for almost 20 years , and I know his character well.....it is contemptable when you try to make him a dishonest player , which Michael is not. He is the best ally you could have , as long a you are somewhat sane and work as a team player , something you have never done , and still don't seem to do , based on what Monty is saying in g83....so as long as you whine and whimper about how Dark Monk has so badly mistreated you , then I will post against your idiotic prattle....

:cheers: You wound me Sir :(:thumbsup::thumbsup: So you were part of the devious plot in 78 to destroy the Sponge, I never knew that. Evil your all evil

While Spongy might not be the best player in the world I feel the need to come to his defense a little bit concerning the dropping of positions. In game 78 HPW (Germany), Monk (Austria), and rfousan (Czech, replacement player) all dropped around tech 50 when Germany still had at least 9 full SS armies and all three countries had their full countries left with extra production thrown in and armies to fight with. They had a fair chance of beating us but decided to drop and really ruined the rest of the game for the other two groups still playing. Spongy if it's any consolation I took berlin, vienna, and prague in your name and your flag still flies there today!!! Bottom line is there is no need to bash the sponge for dropping for no reason if y'all are doing it too.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers: and yes it does ruin the game for others...especially two years into it...

All HAil the Sponge! :(

Guest Spongebob
While Spongy might not be the best player in the world I feel the need to come to his defense a little bit concerning the dropping of positions. In game 78 HPW (Germany), Monk (Austria), and rfousan (Czech, replacement player) all dropped around tech 50 when Germany still had at least 9 full SS armies and all three countries had their full countries left with extra production thrown in and armies to fight with. They had a fair chance of beating us but decided to drop and really ruined the rest of the game for the other two groups still playing. Spongy if it's any consolation I took berlin, vienna, and prague in your name and your flag still flies there today!!! Bottom line is there is no need to bash the sponge for dropping for no reason if y'all are doing it too.... :cheers::unsure::ranting: and yes it does ruin the game for others...especially two years into it...

Thanks Predator, I know we have had our differences, hey who does'nt with the Sponge :thumbsup: It fills my soul with joy to know Berlin fell and regarding the axis of evil, well the Kettle calling the Pot black springs to mind. Dropping 50 turns in in my opinion is drastically worse than early on but what would I know, I never got that far. :thumbsup:

While Spongy might not be the best player in the world I feel the need to come to his defense a little bit concerning the dropping of positions. In game 78 HPW (Germany), Monk (Austria), and rfousan (Czech, replacement player) all dropped around tech 50 when Germany still had at least 9 full SS armies and all three countries had their full countries left with extra production thrown in and armies to fight with. They had a fair chance of beating us but decided to drop and really ruined the rest of the game for the other two groups still playing. Spongy if it's any consolation I took berlin, vienna, and prague in your name and your flag still flies there today!!! Bottom line is there is no need to bash the sponge for dropping for no reason if y'all are doing it too.... :thumbsup::thumbsup::cheers: and yes it does ruin the game for others...especially two years into it...

When I dropped the game I had lost two TAs. HPW dropped due to some events in his real life. If you lost relatives, then I think it is normal that the game has to stay behind. Some turns before HPW Czech dropped out of the game and Richard was so kind to fill this vacancy temporally. (Sponge: Richard was not part of the initial group; he joined because I asked him.) But I had no "stand by" to fill both positions again, most people refused because the situation was to complicated and these positions would need a lot of time. Without TAs you simply pay money for nothing. So I decided to quit and invest time and money in other games (Vic 77 for example). Btw my last turn was 58......and there is a little difference if you drop out of the game in T8 or T58.

It was unlucky the HPW dropped out of the game after he signed the TA with Don and the other. But he left Victory games because he has more important thing to do in his real life and I think this is not comparable with the Sponge.

The drop of positions is part of the game. If you like to play a game without a lot of drops then organize a game where we have to pay 30 turns or all in advance. I would join that and I am sure we will meet somewhere.

Michael

Ghazi , the Sponge drops when it looks like something might happen to the position.....I was a newcomer to the game , and the turns the Czech position played under myself , your buddies got bloody noses from , in fact your boys looked somewhat pitiful . I dropped the position because it was silly for me to play alone against 3-4 players , and quite truthfully , I don't like the game....HPW had a real emergency happen to make him quit , and I really doubt you would have won had he been able to continue ( remember Moscow where you got ripped an additional hole by HPW and Poland ) ....I would definitely have played to the end had the others continued , as I don't drop normally...in fact from the many pbm/ pbem games , one can count my drops from 30 years of games on less than half a hand....so your criticism is baseless . Oh yes...yellow victim , I do wish I had been in the one game from the beginning , because I would have loved to have been part of the group that so shamed you in g78 .

Ghazi , the Sponge drops when it looks like something might happen to the position.....I was a newcomer to the game , and the turns the Czech position played under myself , your buddies got bloody noses from , in fact your boys looked somewhat pitiful . I dropped the position because it was silly for me to play alone against 3-4 players , and quite truthfully , I don't like the game....HPW had a real emergency happen to make him quit , and I really doubt you would have won had he been able to continue ( remember Moscow where you got ripped an additional hole by HPW and Poland ) ....I would definitely have played to the end had the others continued , as I don't drop normally...in fact from the many pbm/ pbem games , one can count my drops from 30 years of games on less than half a hand....so your criticism is baseless . Oh yes...yellow victim , I do wish I had been in the one game from the beginning , because I would have loved to have been part of the group that so shamed you in g78 .

Well we may have won and we may not have kind of hard for you to judge not knowing my position or what I had. As far as Moscow I got ambushed and was not expecting contact until I reached Baltic so was being a little careless. From that battle czech, poland and germany all advanced on me into central russia. I beat czech and polands troops and germany's three armies turned and ran away(think this is right before you came along)......I don't blame you or Monk for dropping after HPW did...matter of fact we applaud you for picking up and playing the position as well as you did....you caught my allies off gaurd as it was a reversal of tactics from the previous czech player who I literally used up in Central Russia. sorry to hear HPW had personal problems I hope he comes back to the game someday....Someday when I can afford to play I intend to give Supernova a try so our paths may yet cross again.... :(

If you want to play in Supernova , then you will have to do that quickly . The universe is beginning to get small , and positions that started playing 3-4 years ago are starting to run into positions just started a year or two ago . Russ has already stated to me that they are going have to begin to not set up new positions soon . The problem with old positions meeting new positions is going to be the enormous tech advantage the older position will have over a new position ......basically if you are fighting against Type D Spinal Mesons with 40 cm gauss guns , then you might as well fold....tech differences make a huge difference....in Victory! the tech is pretty much a level field . You can actually play a Supernova ( starting ) position well with just one turn sheet ( 40 orders at 6 dollars per turn sheet ) for the first 20-25 turns without any real problem....I run 5 positions, and of course the older positions take multiple turn sheets , but the two newer positions are just running the one turn sheet , and are progressing quite well . I am running about 8-10 turn sheets on a two week rotation . Hehe , of course , new blood is always welcome....

Richard

Oh, and one other side note....yellow victim , back in March of 2008 , proudly proclaimed he would start playing Supernova , and would show us up with his campaign of galactic domination . I created a new position , Dark Monk created two positions , and another of our friends started up 3 positions in the hope of being someplace in yellow victim's area . We took up his challenge . Those 6 positions are still actively being played to this day even though there is no sponge to prosecute......yellow victim dropped after 2-3 turns , because he said the game was too boring . Any game takes time to develop , and the first few turns will always be uneventful.......yellow victim drops again . I have nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing except for contempt for him . He needs to play just one game to the last troop and patch of land , and then I might get a better opinion of him....but otherwise , not even the slightest iota of one chance......