Rolling Thunder Forums

Spongebob is the most Loved player ever

Guest Spongebob

While Spongy might not be the best player in the world I feel the need to come to his defense a little bit concerning the dropping of positions. In game 78 HPW (Germany), Monk (Austria), and rfousan (Czech, replacement player) all dropped around tech 50 when Germany still had at least 9 full SS armies and all three countries had their full countries left with extra production thrown in and armies to fight with. They had a fair chance of beating us but decided to drop and really ruined the rest of the game for the other two groups still playing. Spongy if it's any consolation I took berlin, vienna, and prague in your name and your flag still flies there today!!! Bottom line is there is no need to bash the sponge for dropping for no reason if y'all are doing it too.... :thumbsup::cheers::unsure: and yes it does ruin the game for others...especially two years into it...

All HAil the Sponge! :(

When I dropped the game I had lost two TAs. HPW dropped due to some events in his real life. If you lost relatives, then I think it is normal that the game has to stay behind. Some turns before HPW Czech dropped out of the game and Richard was so kind to fill this vacancy temporally. (Sponge: Richard was not part of the initial group; he joined because I asked him.) But I had no "stand by" to fill both positions again, most people refused because the situation was to complicated and these positions would need a lot of time. Without TAs you simply pay money for nothing. So I decided to quit and invest time and money in other games (Vic 77 for example). Btw my last turn was 58......and there is a little difference if you drop out of the game in T8 or T58.

It was unlucky the HPW dropped out of the game after he signed the TA with Don and the other. But he left Victory games because he has more important thing to do in his real life and I think this is not comparable with the Sponge.

The drop of positions is part of the game. If you like to play a game without a lot of drops then organize a game where we have to pay 30 turns or all in advance. I would join that and I am sure we will meet somewhere.

Michael

Dropped positions :wacko: Blown away :ranting: but not dropped :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob
Oh, and one other side note....yellow victim , back in March of 2008 , proudly proclaimed he would start playing Supernova , and would show us up with his campaign of galactic domination . I created a new position , Dark Monk created two positions , and another of our friends started up 3 positions in the hope of being someplace in yellow victim's area . We took up his challenge . Those 6 positions are still actively being played to this day even though there is no sponge to prosecute......yellow victim dropped after 2-3 turns , because he said the game was too boring . Any game takes time to develop , and the first few turns will always be uneventful.......yellow victim drops again . I have nothing , and I mean absolutely nothing except for contempt for him . He needs to play just one game to the last troop and patch of land , and then I might get a better opinion of him....but otherwise , not even the slightest iota of one chance......

Well it would become carnage if i had stayed on, 6 against 1 - Not nice :angry2: im glad i dropped when i did, let me know when one of you find me and I MAY take it up again just to bloody your nose before I eventually die from the onslaught of Sponge haters

If you want to know when someone finds the position then play the position....otherwise buzz off . Pete was late that week on sending out turns because of an inordinate number of new positions all started up the same week, so there must have been others too . Yellow victim is so loved....one can see by how many people want your hide .

You want to play Germany to give the Vengeful Spongehunters, the Yellow Victim Alliance and the Fellowship of Sponge Squishers a chance to come to blows over who gets the biggest part of Germany.

Guest Spongebob
You want to play Germany to give the Vengeful Spongehunters, the Yellow Victim Alliance and the Fellowship of Sponge Squishers a chance to come to blows over who gets the biggest part of Germany.

Yep - leave it free for Russ to give it to me, with luck some of those around me wont squish me and join the sponge in a holy war against all none believers in the Church of Oceanography

hmmmm.....can't say too good thru text.....first name starts with " R " , and the last name is French ( Fouasnon ) . No imagination in making up a nickname , should never have used my first name and last name , but after all the years , I am not going change it now . grumble...Geez! I want my turns yesterday.....

I have always wanted to play Germany in Victory . I do believe I will sign up , and see if I can be next to this evil sponge character . Dark Monk , haben die jetzt einen guten eingabe programm fuer Victory , oder ist es immer noch so lausig?

I have always wanted to play Germany in Victory . I do believe I will sign up , and see if I can be next to this evil sponge character . Dark Monk , haben die jetzt einen guten eingabe programm fuer Victory , oder ist es immer noch so lausig?

There's such a thing as Crunchy Frog's ?

Of course....baby frogs...so when you bite into the chocolate , you have the crunchy bones . Since it is a baby frog and only lightly killed , the bones have yet to mature , so it has a pleasant crunch to it . " If we took the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy! " .

Let me further enlighten you in the history of Crunchy Frog . An excerpt from wikipedia :

The sketch

In this sketch, the owner of the Whizzo Chocolate Company is approached by two members of the "Hygiene Squad", Inspector Praline and Superintendent Parrot , who confront him about the odd flavors used in the Whizzo Quality Assortment. Other flavors include Cherry Fondue ("...extremely nasty. But we can't prosecute you for that."), Ram's Bladder Cup (which is "fresh Cornish Ram's bladder, emptied, steamed, whipped into a fondue with sesame seeds and then garnished with lark's vomit"), Cockroach Cluster, Anthrax Ripple, and Spring Surprise (chocolate wrapped around two steel bolts that, upon the melting of the chocolate, spring outward and pierce the victim's cheeks). At the end of the scene the Superintendent, who has been gagging during the entire conversation, faces the camera and warns the public to take more care when purchasing their sweeties.

It's a sketch from Monty Python .