Rolling Thunder Forums

Please prevent cheating

cestvel

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does 'Veni-Vedi-Vidi" mean??? Did he intend to say "Veni Vidi Vici"?

Or is there some meaning to his words?

I could mean "I came, I observed, I saw" while the orginial was "I came, I saw, I won".

The second makes sense, the first not so much.

But I think Vedi would stem from vedere=observe.

This isn't a critique of the views expressed, but a request for clarification on the issue. Personally, I prefer my newer designs to be self-sufficient.

I was under the impression that it is the FLEET total fuel that is measured for warp jumps, not the individual ships capacity/fuel levels - this making it possible to save tonnage on a warship by having a flying mega-fuel tank in the fleet (which would have to be detached when anticipating combat unless it had a warship's protection itself). I would think this was not a design flaw in the game but something that allowed fleets of varying compositions to come together and complement one another?

Ok, I may be missing the point (and I am not trying to be a smartass either in case anyone is wondering) - so some clarification would be genuinely appreciated.

These two ships roamed around through WPs on their own. No Tanker in sight. I am sure Pete checked for that as well.

And why put 1 or 99 Fuel Tanks on such a design anyway. if you go by tanker, you either put not tanks on the warship or only a few, that it can go alone through a WP. But 1 ????

No these were definetly build to exploit the RN bug.

If they were going through WPs unassisted then that's out and out wrong!

With a tanker in the same fleet, as long as they had the minimum necessary fuel tanks? That would be debatable. - what size WP should they be capable of transiting before they were considered to have 'enough' fuel capacity to be 'fair'? What of fleets that are low on fuel and a tanker joins them via the RN order, allowing them to jump? I'd say it's a tricky concept to tie down in that case, personally.

This case though? Needs fixing!

Speaking of Cheats the following empires have new spies on planets, But they have not surveyed a path to the star system yet!!

Imperial Demonic Envelopment # 737

Shivan Empire # 523

Pete has not fixed spys it seems, is this what LARS was talking about the value of Spys. These are only the most recent, since we are now publishing any cheats on the board, the earlier ones were reported to Pete and Killed by him, but the damage of knowing a planets name is already done.

Apparently the TG and Lars alliance needs to cheat to find out HW names since it took the TG about 2 years to take the Phoenix HW, with no pop on it.

I assume the it is now OK in the White Hat community to put spys on any world whose name is known.

Actually I have PA in the targeting reticle, not on the brain.

And yes, you guys DO worry me that much. I'm terrified by the concept of a PA member retaking the other HW formerly owned by Black Cloud at Skoruba. I don't want to lose 2700 pops on top of losing the 160 pops at Evremond when WSI retook that HW last turn...

Actually I have PA in the targeting reticle, not on the brain.

And yes, you guys DO worry me that much. I'm terrified by the concept of a PA member retaking the other HW formerly owned by Black Cloud at Skoruba. I don't want to lose 2700 pops on top of losing the 160 pops at Evremond when WSI retook that HW last turn...

LOL. just because you painted PA on your scope does not mean if you shoot at something it becomes PA.

Well, as far as spies go, when they first became active it was just fine to move them around the universe just like you can currently move any other sort of character. Only when it became apparent that they were too valuable to do that was the change made. Before that there wasn't any prohibition to doing it.

As to the ship design problem, here is what generally happens. If you have multiple ships in the fleet and scrap one of them the fleet retains all the cargo and fuel. The same problem happens when you split a fleet with troop berths, fighter bays or drone racks. The split does not always result in an even distribution of the original cargo.

As to the ship design problem, here is what generally happens. If you have multiple ships in the fleet and scrap one of them the fleet retains all the cargo and fuel. The same problem happens when you split a fleet with troop berths, fighter bays or drone racks. The split does not always result in an even distribution of the original cargo.

Ah, that it was how it happened. But nevertheless, these ships are designed to exploit it.

Ah, that it was how it happened. But nevertheless, these ships are designed to exploit it.

I came across this problem when splitting a fleet with varied cargo into three using 2 RNs this turn. I now have one fleet with 30000 cargo in 15000 cargo holds, one fleet with 15000 cargo holds full and one fleet empty. Even stranger it looks like the construction materials, colonists and fuel were divided equally (admittedly I used the FUEL command in the RNs) but colony beacons did not move. I would of thought that, due to alphabetical order, colony beacons should of moved in the first split?!?

Does anybody know of a way to redistribute the cargo without using a population group? Or indeed, even better, specifying which cargo moves where during an RN?

The Honoured One will not be happy that his little saplings will take another turn to be planted :)

Well, as far as spies go, when they first became active it was just fine to move them around the universe just like you can currently move any other sort of character. Only when it became apparent that they were too valuable to do that was the change made. Before that there wasn't any prohibition to doing it.

It is still fine to move spies around., and people are abusing it to get system names. Then Pete kills the spy, but they still have the name of any HW's the spy picked up. The TG has been doing this for over a year, but I only talked to Pete up til I found it was a good white hat thing to use the board to claim others are cheating per the Lars alliance, whatever its name is.

Spies and other characters can only be put on planets in systems you have done a SS for, so I do not really understand what you are talking about, Gary.

Maybe these spies you talk of are leftovers from the time it was possible to move spies freely?

Spies and other characters can only be put on planets in systems you have done a SS for, so I do not really understand what you are talking about, Gary.

Maybe these spies you talk of are leftovers from the time it was possible to move spies freely?

YOU can still move Spies every where, UNLESS Pete sees it.

Interesting. Never was possible for me then. I tried it out as I heard of it and all AC got canceled *WITHOUT* any note.