Rolling Thunder Forums

Beginner's Questions

Viro

I just noticed that I can research the Mk I Field Hospital AND ALSO the Mk II Field Hospital. How did this come to pass? Shouldn't I have to discover the MK I before I can research the Mk II?

Is there any point in researching the Mk I when I can skip it and go straight to the Mk II??

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that I can research the Mk I Field Hospital AND ALSO the Mk II Field Hospital. How did this come to pass? Shouldn't I have to discover the MK I before I can research the Mk II?

Is there any point in researching the Mk I when I can skip it and go straight to the Mk II??

Both of these are useful. The Mk I adds 100 to your Medical tactical rating and the MK II adds 300. So if you research both, you have 400. The Mk I is really cheap (only 3 points) so there is not reason not to research it.

I am pretty sure that there was a crossed wire in the tech tree database ages ago that allowed this to happen. When it was pointed out it was too late to do anything about it so it has remained. There are other such crossed wires as well and most of them remain unless you happen to be the very first person to discover it and inform Pete prior to anybody else getting there.

:thumbsup:

I am getting bored by the monotony of moving my ships and issuing orders to do ORB's and GEO's of every Planent and Moon I discover.

Will some technolgy come along to remove this tediuum? Does some future type of long range sensor do GEO or ORB on a entire system?

I recall and old TV series where the pointed earedscience officer once said......

"Captain, Sensors detect life on the 3rd planet. Large concentrations of dolomite exist on the 4th planet,........."

I am getting bored by the monotony of moving my ships and issuing orders to do ORB's and GEO's of every Planent and Moon I discover.

Will some technolgy come along to remove this tediuum? Does some future type of long range sensor do GEO or ORB on a entire system?

I recall and old TV series where the pointed earedscience officer once said......

"Captain, Sensors detect life on the 3rd planet. Large concentrations of dolomite exist on the 4th planet,........."

No tech that I know of for ORb and GEO but for the detect life, there is the System Probe. It will detect colonies in a system

by expending one Probe (5000 ton drone).

Sorry Landmine. There is no known tech that does what you want. However, many stop doing GEOs and PMAPs after a while. I have as I felt I had enough system data out beyond five systems.