Rolling Thunder Forums

Setup questions

H. S. Lahman

Warmonger saint or devil status is determined by the level of Spin Doctor researched by the said Warmonger.

Sakarissa :rolleyes:

The Circle

Are the pre reqs: 1st Generation Plausable Denial, 2nd generation Self Belief and 1st Generation Hypocrisy ? :}

Wait, on second thoughts best not tell, apparently knowledge of the tech tree is both the most important military secret players have but provides no advantage to a player when he starts a new empire... :}

LOL, and they can not even remember what they said about the tech tree.

As to reasons, if you blow up a fleet scout of Cest, even if you warn him first you are a warmonger, and he is a saint for attacking you.

Wait its better then that! he can tell you that his scout ships are hunting for your homeworld in order to attack you but if you take out that scout you are one who started the war! Now if there isnt some cosmic divine logic behind that I dont know how else to explain it! :}

Well the saintly Cestval should have wipped out a whole race this turn, divine intervention I guess? :}

Seems you cannot understand sarcasm. I said to you, that you having my scouts destroyed made it easier for me to keep the white hat! LOL!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warmonger saint or devil status is determined by the level of Spin Doctor researched by the said Warmonger.

Sakarissa :rolleyes:

The Circle

Are the pre reqs: 1st Generation Plausable Denial, 2nd generation Self Belief and 1st Generation Hypocrisy ? :}

Wait, on second thoughts best not tell, apparently knowledge of the tech tree is both the most important military secret players have but provides no advantage to a player when he starts a new empire... :}

LOL, and they can not even remember what they said about the tech tree.

As to reasons, if you blow up a fleet scout of Cest, even if you warn him first you are a warmonger, and he is a saint for attacking you.

Wait its better then that! he can tell you that his scout ships are hunting for your homeworld in order to attack you but if you take out that scout you are one who started the war! Now if there isnt some cosmic divine logic behind that I dont know how else to explain it! :}

Well the saintly Cestval should have wipped out a whole race this turn, divine intervention I guess? :}

Seems you cannot understand sarcasm. I said to you, that you having my scouts destroyed made it easier for me to keep the white hat! LOL!

Well I accidently blew up your scout cause my neighbor likes chicken soup, OR one excuse is as good as another.

And I told you over and over again, #492 is my most advanced empire. They discovered one of the "Big Guns" before anyone else I know.

My core discovered *nothing*!

Im adding 1st generation selective memory to that list earlier.

So let me get this straight in the 2 years prior to you setting up Worldlab your other empire discovered nothing? so it didnt reseach weapons you realized were dead ends, items that dont have any real use, the early horizon tree, figure out that actualy shields might be better then armour in a battle after all etc.... it discovered nothing which made the development of your newer empire much easier.... nothing... okay you got me then :]

this is kinda like the time you criticsed me for having multiple empires.... then admitted you had 2 empires in the same area but they didnt work together... then you admitted they did but they dont share tech.... but then you admitted well one supplied Jump survey sensors to the other but that doesnt count because it doesnt fit your selective timeline.

Or the one where I dont use gates... well I use gates between my empires but not to swap items... well okay items, but not tech.... etc.

Wow I could be here all day!

The ones coming in kicking other warmongers in the ass, who took out another played empire, are the white hats.

Easy as that.

At least you admit you are a warmonger.... Im making progress, now to get you to admit your a hypocrite and no better then me and my job is done, Im thinking people are starting to see the real player hiding behind that supposed white hat....

And I told you over and over again, #492 is my most advanced empire. They discovered one of the "Big Guns" before anyone else I know.

My core discovered *nothing*!

Im adding 1st generation selective memory to that list earlier.

So let me get this straight in the 2 years prior to you setting up Worldlab your other empire discovered nothing? so it didnt reseach weapons you realized were dead ends, items that dont have any real use, the early horizon tree, figure out that actualy shields might be better then armour in a battle after all etc.... it discovered nothing which made the development of your newer empire much easier.... nothing... okay you got me then :]

Now you have it :rolleyes:

I got this info from the crossroads group I was in. And from my position I started 1.5 years after the core.

The core had Mk VIII Shields and Tckon way later than the the two positions after it. I corrected the setup errors (all points used, no SRP). And I can read the forum which early on stated, that Mk VIII Shields surpass Tckon68.

this is kinda like the time you criticsed me for having multiple empires.... then admitted you had 2 empires in the same area but they didnt work together... then you admitted they did but they dont share tech.... but then you admitted well one supplied Jump survey sensors to the other but that doesnt count because it doesnt fit your selective timeline.

Or the one where I dont use gates... well I use gates between my empires but not to swap items... well okay items, but not tech.... etc.

Wow I could be here all day!

Well if you call bringing 10 Mk IV JSS a supstancial support of defeating your empire, then you are right. And I needed no help from my other positions to defeat you. Simple as that. These positions have their own things to do in their own areas of space.

And maybe you are deaf and blind: Worldlab Meyne is my most advanced position !!!!

Try to get that into your head for once!

The ones coming in kicking other warmongers in the ass, who took out another played empire, are the white hats.

Easy as that.

At least you admit you are a warmonger.... Im making progress, now to get you to admit your a hypocrite and no better then me and my job is done, Im thinking people are starting to see the real player hiding behind that supposed white hat....

I am a warmonger when kicking butts of other warmongers. These are my prey. It feels good to kick their sorry asses, yes it does.

I get nothing by overpowering peaceful neighbours.

Oh and I am soooo much better than you. You have *no* idea. And I think people have already made up their minds.

Esp. the people I care about.

At least Richard has openly made up his mind :cannon:

As you remember your posts in the KomKa conflict brought my attention to you. Well, seems you have done it again, lol.

You simply seem not to learn from your many mistakes.

Now you have it :rolleyes:

I got this info from the crossroads group I was in. And from my position I started 1.5 years after the core.

The core had Mk VIII Shields and Tckon way later than the the two positions after it. I corrected the setup errors (all points used, no SRP). And I can read the forum which early

on stated, that Mk VIII Shields surpass Tckon68.

<g> priceless! I dont know what to say...

So just to get my head around this, you categorically refuse to admit that during the first 2 years you learned anything when running your core empire and it in no way helped the development of your second empire you setup a few years later. The 25RC's of your core empire remained dormant, you absorbed no information.....

Thats good to know :}

Well if you call bringing 10 Mk IV JSS a supstancial support of defeating your empire, then you are right. And I needed no help from my other positions to defeat you. Simple as that. These positions have their own things to do in their own areas of space.

And maybe you are deaf and blind: Worldlab Meyne is my most advanced position !!!!

Try to get that into your head for once!

Wow can I split hairs too?

Using this logic I only had one empire attacking the Kom Ka, the Flagritz Empire are my most advanced empire tech wise, the Wimbles only supplied 100K Food concentrates to the war effort and the Hive only provided some divisions so really im only running one empire too :}

I am a warmonger when kicking butts of other warmongers. These are my prey. It feels good to kick their sorry asses, yes it does.

I get nothing by overpowering peaceful neighbours.

Oh and I am soooo much better than you. You have *no* idea. And I think people have already made up their minds.

Esp. the people I care about.

At least Richard has openly made up his mind :cannon:

As you remember your posts in the KomKa conflict brought my attention to you. Well, seems you have done it again, lol.

You simply seem not to learn from your many mistakes.

Wow you are also very modiste! :}

I was a peaceful neighbor to many, youve gained several homeworld from me?

I know Kom ka, blaaa blaaa blaaa. We could be here all day.

I agree though you are much better, I wasted time trying to negotiate a border with the Kom ka and got no where, he build warships and attacked my scouts, only then did I move against him. You managed to cut out all that diplomacy and skirmishing and go right in and take my world, bravo :}

I also think you and Richard make a faboulous couple! :}

And while yes this will bring your rath down on me... I wont have much left next turn

Im being attacked by a empire two years older then me run by a core player who knows the tech tree and has developed an amazing empire, he wont negotiate and hes hell bent on destroying me, what exactly do I have to lose.

But if I go down I want others to know who they are dealing with.

You left out, that while you were "negotiating" borders with the KomKa your scouts kept exploring nearly up to his HW. Your border

dispute started 3 systems out from the KomKa HW. No wonder he insisted on the systems. Diplomacy seems not to be your strong skill.

You left out, that while you were "negotiating" borders with the KomKa your scouts kept exploring nearly up to his HW. Your border

dispute started 3 systems out from the KomKa HW. No wonder he insisted on the systems. Diplomacy seems not to be your strong skill.

We never got to a stage where he claimed any systems, he wouldn't talk to us, your right diplomacy with him was a complete failure, however I did try! :]

And Im sure afterwards when his empire fell he continued to use that mumble jumble Kom Ka talk with you, Im sure when he passed on his intel reports he mumble jumbled them up also.... it must have been a tough year for you to have to decifer that each time.

Oh wait no, he probably emailed you normally like every other person, he chose not to talk with me so what does he expect.

And Im not sorry, I found his home-world yes but he had around 16 turns to add some defences between the time I found it and when I attacked, he added about 30 screens and thats it, some people cant be helped, no one was more suprised I won then me and Ive never said I was proud of that, read back :]

We never got to a stage where he claimed any systems, he wouldn't talk to us, your right diplomacy with him was a complete failure, however I did try! :]

And Im sure afterwards when his empire fell he continued to use that mumble jumble Kom Ka talk with you, Im sure when he passed on his intel reports he mumble jumbled them up also.... it must have been a tough year for you to have to decifer that each time.

Oh wait no, he probably emailed you normally like every other person, he chose not to talk with me so what does he expect.

And Im not sorry, I found his home-world yes but he had around 16 turns to add some defences between the time I found it and when I attacked, he added about 30 screens and thats it, some people cant be helped, no one was more suprised I won then me and Ive never said I was proud of that, read back :]

So because he looked weak, you were allowed to destroy him? Well I feel better now, because I attacked you, because you looked strong! With 4 HWs to your disposal you added only a couple of 100 screens with no fire power to your defenses. And you had way more time.

Oh, squashing your Flagritz empire is nothing to be proud of as well. Esp I hoped for a bit more opposition, *in game*.

Oh wait I get IT. Cestvel is right, his starting empire did not help him at all cause he was so pitiful at running that old empire it never did anything worth while. The Clue is when he said his "Alliance" had tech secrets that were very important. SO the reason this NEW empire is better than his old empire is the people in his alliance that held his hand and told him what to do to get the new empire to have the best tech, and these allies are completely responsible for his new empire, he did not do anything at all., and was unable to learn ANYTHING from running his old empire, As he said his OLD empire Sucks.

:rolleyes:

So because he looked weak, you were allowed to destroy him? Well I feel better now, because I attacked you, because you looked strong! With 4 HWs to your disposal you added only a couple of 100 screens with no fire power to your defenses. And you had way more time.

Oh, squashing your Flagritz empire is nothing to be proud of as well. Esp I hoped for a bit more opposition, *in game*.

I wasnt 'allowed' to destroy him, I turned up with a pretty weak force and it turned out his forces were even weaker! He never contacted me, as far as I knew he decided to drop.

Had he contacted me who knows what would have happened, although yes its easy for me to say that now, however he neve did...

My empires are weak, Ive never claimed to be a superpower, wow you were clearly misinformed!

But then a core player like yourself with a older empire and alot more knowledge of the game is always going to be disappointed when they pick on a new player with little experience.

So just like I did, you turn up, find your opponents defences are laughable and you take over his worlds, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so thank you :]

Im sure the Kom ka player was unhappy when he lost his empire as I will be.

Is there any core players out there who want to go after Cestval for us and reclaim my homeworlds and take over all of Cestvals worlds? Apparently it makes you a good guy if you do.... any takers?

Oh wait I get IT. Cestvel is right, his starting empire did not help him at all cause he was so pitiful at running that old empire it never did anything worth while. The Clue is when he said his "Alliance" had tech secrets that were very important. SO the reason this NEW empire is better than his old empire is the people in his alliance that held his hand and told him what to do to get the new empire to have the best tech, and these allies are completely responsible for his new empire, he did not do anything at all., and was unable to learn ANYTHING from running his old empire, As he said his OLD empire Sucks.

:rolleyes:

<g> thats the missing tech, 1st generation splitting hairs.... the secret to white hat status! :]

Oh wait I get IT. Cest is right, his starting empire did not help him at all cause he was so pitiful that empire never did anything worth while. The Clue is when he said his "Alliance" had tech secrets that were very important. SO the reason this NEW empire is better than his old empire is the people in his alliance that held his hand and told him what to do to get the new empire to have the best tech. His OLD empire Sucks.

;)

Way closer than Flagritz! Well done Gary.

The Crossroads group really helped some. And my newer empires contributed quite some to the lot.

I had not the privilege to start with a lot of known people like the PA or that GSL.

I had (and still have) luck with my peaceful core region. (hint to Flagritz: I annoyed noone with my backwater empire).

And you should know, how 2000 point empires suck (not max research and wrong government (Military Imperium with Exploration Tradition).

My core is by way my worst one. Only my new empires, which started about 30 turns ago, are behind them, lol.

But I have made some friends in the meantime (with my more advanced empires), so I am fine now.