Rolling Thunder Forums

Howdy

Tennessee Group

We is known for our BBQ, white lightnin and PBEM hooooeeeee!!!!

TG - While I've found this to be one of the more entertaining threads, your lack of knowledge concerning TN shows that you are no Tennessean. I would conclude that you are a PA alter-ego, but you do have much more imagination than they normally display.

While its been a couple of decades since I've visited my place of birth, I doubt things have changed immensely.

BBQ: Absolutely correct - the world's best

White Lightnin': Now you know better than that - that's a North Carolina specialty. TN is the home of those fine, smooth sippin' whiskeys such as Jack Daniels and George Dickel.

A couple of additional facts that may or may not be interesting to the masses...........

TN is home to the world's largest wind tunnels

"Rocket Scientists" around the globe learn their trade at the UT Space Institute

The largest R&D Center and testing facilities for Aerospace in the country

And sad to say, since it almost fits your stereotyping, home of the famous "chicken shooter" - while still in use to test aircraft windshields, fowl are no longer used.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TG - While I've found this to be one of the more entertaining threads, your lack of knowledge concerning TN shows that you are no Tennessean. I would conclude that you are a PA alter-ego, but you do have much more imagination than they normally display.

While its been a couple of decades since I've visited my place of birth, I doubt things have changed immensely.

BBQ: Absolutely correct - the world's best

White Lightnin': Now you know better than that - that's a North Carolina specialty. TN is the home of those fine, smooth sippin' whiskeys such as Jack Daniels and George Dickel.

A couple of additional facts that may or may not be interesting to the masses...........

TN is home to the world's largest wind tunnels

"Rocket Scientists" around the globe learn their trade at the UT Space Institute

The largest R&D Center and testing facilities for Aerospace in the country

And sad to say, since it almost fits your stereotyping, home of the famous "chicken shooter" - while still in use to test aircraft windshields, fowl are no longer used.

BBQ, yum!

Jack Daniels, smooth!

UT Space Institute, do they do tours?

"chicken shooter", I've got to see a video of that!

BBQ, yum!

Jack Daniels, smooth!

UT Space Institute, do they do tours?

"chicken shooter", I've got to see a video of that!

Wyvern: My knowledge is a bit dated, but....

UTSI is the University of Tennessee Space Institute, not much to see there unless you are thinking of enrolling as a student. If you want to see some great NASA exhibits, etc... the place to go is Marshall Air Force Base in Huntsville, AL.

"chicken shooter", well... I have not seen a video of it, but have seen it in person. Its located at an Air Force Base in Central Tennessee along with the wind tunnels - they did have tours every 10 years, not sure if they still do or not.

TG - where are you? I'm in need of entertainment!

"chicken shooter", well... I have not seen a video of it, but have seen it in person. Its located at an Air Force Base in Central Tennessee along with the wind tunnels - they did have tours every 10 years, not sure if they still do or not.

I regret to inform you that the "chicken shooter" is no longer on the tour. We have ....ummmm.... acquired that piece of technology from earth and transported to the former Flock Homeworld

Uh huh. And you can tell a PA HW by the lack of any space ships and large radioactive clouds of space junk and killed PA troops rotting in the field

With our low-G environment, it seemed to be the perfect tool to allow the young ones to have a little fun while cleaning up the foul fowl that were left behind - they simply shoot the remains towards the nearest sun for incineration. :wub:

TG - since Gary thinks I'm your ring leader, I might as well ask - where do I sign up?? :unsure:

Waaaaaaa!!! I was preparing my space yacht for a visit to the fabled chicken shooter of earth....now where has this wondrous piece of technology been taken to ? coordinates ?

A cheap replica can be seen in a Mythbuster episode :wub:

Oh where, oh where has the TG gone? Oh where, Oh where can they be?

Did the PA get organized and "stomp a mudhole in 'ya"?

Har har, look at yew. Yew gots yurself a picshur of Dan'l Boone for an avatar!!!!!!!! Any idjit knows that ole Dan'l is from Kentuck, not the Great State of Tennessee. Jus look at my avatar for a real Tennessee hero.

An yew call yurself a real tennesseean Har har har.

I regret to inform you that the "chicken shooter" is no longer on the tour. We have ....ummmm.... acquired that piece of technology from earth and transported to the former Flock Homeworld

Uh huh. And you can tell a PA HW by the lack of any space ships and large radioactive clouds of space junk and killed PA troops rotting in the field

With our low-G environment, it seemed to be the perfect tool to allow the young ones to have a little fun while cleaning up the foul fowl that were left behind - they simply shoot the remains towards the nearest sun for incineration. :python:

TG - since Gary thinks I'm your ring leader, I might as well ask - where do I sign up?? :cheers:

Des,

Iffn yew wants in an if yew is from Tennessee, jus send me a hollar to my email address and yew too can get in to the TG

Har har, look at yew. Yew gots yurself a picshur of Dan'l Boone for an avatar!!!!!!!! Any idjit knows that ole Dan'l is from Kentuck, not the Great State of Tennessee. Jus look at my avatar for a real Tennessee hero.

Oh, my misguided little friend - you can't tell the difference between David (Davy) Stern Crockett and Daniel Boone? Danny boy didn't wear a coon skin hat. Now who is the idjit??

Oh, my misguided little friend - you can't tell the difference between David (Davy) Stern Crockett and Daniel Boone? Danny boy didn't wear a coon skin hat. Now who is the idjit??

Har har yew is jest proved yew is the idjit.

If'n yew was a real tennesseean and yew newd anee thing about David Crockett, yew would use his reel picshure as yewr avatar not sum hi falutin' aktor named Fess Parker what hailed frum Texas of all things. I is surprisd that yew dint use a picshure of that other ackter feller John Wayne in yur avatar

Heer is a link for yew so yew ken git yerself a right proper picshure of David Crockett for yer avatar. Othur non Tennesseean reeders can clik it so they kan gaze in wunder on. I iz lookin ferward to yew a changin yer picshure to sumthing right proper to represent Tennessee

http://images.google.com/images?q=david+cr...le&resnum=4

Tank yew fer a provin yew is jes a Tennessee wannabee poser

Des,

Iffn yew wants in an if yew is from Tennessee, jus send me a hollar to my email address and yew too can get in to the TG

I've driven through TN, is that close enough? :unsure:

Iz that yer onliest ties to Tennessee? Seems a might thin Des.

Not shore how tha other Tennesee Groupians wood be a thinkin if'n I be allowin yew to be a member.

Iz that yer onliest ties to Tennessee? Seems a might thin Des.

Not shore how tha other Tennesee Groupians wood be a thinkin if'n I be allowin yew to be a member.

That is pretty thin........But, my mama and them sez that great granny's third cousin (twice removed) wuz hitched to a feller from Woo Doo Tennessee - I'm not two sur if'n dat be tru 'cause my grand pappy thunk he was just puttin on airs - pretendin being from the big city and all, grand pappy say dat he really from Who'd-a-thot-it in West TN and dem people are jest as crook'd as the MS sippi River.