Rolling Thunder Forums

game 88

SirGrumpyBear

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russ~~~~WE WANT 88! WE WANT 88!! WE WANT 88!!! WE WANT 88!!!! (hands clapping, feet stomping) WE WANT 88!!!! WE WANT 88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like anytime now. I was informed by the 500lb Gorilla that I will not be in this game as my 3 choices were unavailable.

Well that may be true, but if you want to get into a game with one or more friends AND want to actually be close enough to them to work with them more or less from the beginning it's not a good idea to ask for "whatever is left". It may get you in the game, but it will not get you anywhere near your friends most likely. I realize it will at least get you all in the game, but based on past experience, common sense and the law of averages it's completely anti-climactic if you're on opposite sides of the map from your friends.

Wow, that doesn't sound good for me or a few of my friends either. May I ask what your choices were?

US, Spain and Persia in that order.

I put my requests in, but as usual, I'll take what I can get. The positions I won't take? The Russias--I'm not that foolish.

"I put my requests in, but as usual, I'll take what I can get. The positions I won't take? The Russias--I'm not that foolish."

I know a lot of people don't like the Russia's. What's your take on why they're a bad choice/a pain to run?

RAILING RAILING RAILING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most don't have independent aic nets. They produce 2 of the 3 necessary resources and need the 3rd railed across the country.

Then you have to rail the points to where you want to build.

I didn't think Central was so bad, but the other 2 have large cities on the border with a potential invader.

[RAILING RAILING RAILING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The railing is a minor inconvience. The big bonuses are NOT having a Navy to run and that frees up tons of orders and reduces overall game complexity.

The vast spaces of your country are also a serious obstacle to potential invaders. I suspect most would prefer you as an ally than an invasion target.

Bugger...

Didn't get my choice....

Frustrating. Not sure if I can wait for 89...

Well I guess this means 110% focus on whooping Predator's and his palls ...ses in the final stages of game 80!

wolf sorry you didnt get in me and spain did. as for 80 you guys can recapture some lost territory but as the game will end with us fighting you in two of your ta's countries I hardly consider us as whooped.....was hoping you guys were going to be in 88.

John, are you in game 88? I thought after dropping 82 you were done with Victory until Vic 2 comes out...

Anyway, to everyone else in game 88, Great Britain checking in!

Please send any diplomats my way I am always eager to talk, email is brogan@fuse.net

- Andy Brogan aka Great Britain 88...

:)