Rolling Thunder Forums

The Greatest and the Rest

Guest Spongebob

Howdy,

This is the first time for me to participate in the forum and may be the last. However, since my name is appearing on this topic, I thought it appropriate to chime in. Yes, I have five wins and if anyone is feeling generous you could give me a 1/2 win for game 38. I had to leave late in the game due to personal reasons and Ken Tewell finished it with Russ listing both of us as best Ireland. I have never lost a one on one fight. Have taken on two opponents at the same time on several occasions and twice defeated three enemies at the same time. So, I might be one of the better players, but in my opinion:

Peter Schmitter is by far the best player to ever have participated in Victory. He won five games during an eleven game stretch between game 63 and 73. In 63 as part of a 4 man team, 64 in a 5 man team, 65 in a 3 man team, 73 in a 2 man team and 66 as an individual. I haven't seen him since, so apparently he has moved on to more challenging pursuits. He came in out of nowhere and kicked our butts.

Honorable mention should go to David Ashpaugh for winning game 73 as an individual. In the current era of mega alliances, I don't think we will ever see another individual winner.

The best ally, by far is Ken Rozhon. He is loyal, unselfish and a good team player. If ever you have the opportunity to join up with him in a game, do so. You will not regret it.

The toughest opponent I have faced is Des Feneny. He is tenacious, elusive, cunning and just down right good. I know that he wants another crack at me, as probably many others of you do. Especially those who have been unmercifully run over by my armies.

However, I have been thinking about leaving Victory. Currently I am only in game 82 as Hungary. I may wait to see what Victory II has to offer, before deciding to retire.

Good Hunting

Charles G. Clark

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy,

The toughest opponent I have faced is Des Feneny. He is tenacious, elusive, cunning and just down right good. I know that he wants another crack at me, as probably many others of you do. Especially those who have been unmercifully run over by my armies.

However, I have been thinking about leaving Victory. Currently I am only in game 82 as Hungary. I may wait to see what Victory II has to offer, before deciding to retire.

Howdy to you too!

I see how tough he is then, just declared war on him in V87. I'll see if I can confirm this in a couple of months.

I've started victory again after more then 10 years, I must say it is still a nice challenge. But I remember spending a lot more time on my orders those days. Shame I threw everything away. Had some nice positions, but the dutch games were a lot easier, people dropped quite fast.

Be a shame if you dropped, challenging opponents are always appreciated.

Cheers

Falco

What impresses me the most about that stretch is that 4 of those games are in a row.

Just to note,

Howdy,

This is the first time for me to participate in the forum and may be the last. However, since my name is appearing on this topic, I thought it appropriate to chime in. Yes, I have five wins and if anyone is feeling generous you could give me a 1/2 win for game 38. I had to leave late in the game due to personal reasons and Ken Tewell finished it with Russ listing both of us as best Ireland. I have never lost a one on one fight. Have taken on two opponents at the same time on several occasions and twice defeated three enemies at the same time. So, I might be one of the better players, but in my opinion:

Peter Schmitter is by far the best player to ever have participated in Victory. He won five games during an eleven game stretch between game 63 and 73. In 63 as part of a 4 man team, 64 in a 5 man team, 65 in a 3 man team, 73 in a 2 man team and 66 as an individual. I haven't seen him since, so apparently he has moved on to more challenging pursuits. He came in out of nowhere and kicked our butts.

Honorable mention should go to David Ashpaugh for winning game 73 as an individual. In the current era of mega alliances, I don't think we will ever see another individual winner.

The best ally, by far is Ken Rozhon. He is loyal, unselfish and a good team player. If ever you have the opportunity to join up with him in a game, do so. You will not regret it.

Good Hunting

Charles G. Clark

Reputation however is often based on expert opinion of experienced and respected players. When we started in game #87 my TA's and I were warned that a certain Kurassier was playing in hte middle East too. We were advised to ally with him. We were also warned against Des Feeney. So far both of their reputations seem to be based on fact.

All you have to do to Kurrasier is gang up on him with no hope of his allies coming to help him and then prepare for the eternal sieges of the good stuff. Oh yeah. Don't forget the Rangers.....always with the Rangers...we need to have an option of bombing his version of Fort Benning to slow Ranger production....

As for Des, that guy is tenacious. Not too shabby at game play either. I hate it when he is so polite, though. If either he or K were buttheads, it sure would make hating them possible. <_<

Alas, you have to just kill them the old fashioned way - bombs, bullets and broadsides...

S

Ken.... Buddy.... want to be my friend in 89? <_< Pleeeeeeezzzee :ranting:

I don't think Ken EVER reads the forum...so that might be a good tip for you Sponge...focus on the game instead of the BS that everybody spreads around here <_<

on the otherhand i personally would find that very boring... :ranting:

Whats your score Mario? put a name to the face

thats the whole idea of being anonymous... after game 89 you know my name:-)

but i have one survival, second place and some shitty 5th place on the country specific list so I would not make it to the top...yet....

So Boys and Girls,

What is this all about!!! One of the biggest players, TA, Friend, Buddy etc. I want to mention just three, just three: me, myself and I.

And wo needs TA to be a good player...you need enemies you have to defeat, enemies give you the points not TA's. This is a wargame not a peace game or can I be your TA-friend game.

Maybe I did not won a game yet....that is whay I am so, so.

Any way if I would play I would enlarge my beloved home territory, my lovely Bornholm in an empire.

Greetings Rednas Ruler of Greater France in game...I forgot but who cares any way.

Toodles my loved ones.