Rolling Thunder Forums

Fighters and Drones

Landmine

I also still do not like the fact I can't print out my turn when I do my error checking.

If you are talking about printing out your orders for the next turn prior to submitting you can do that. Save your orders then open them in Word, Notepad, etc.... - its a text file so you can read/print out of those programs.

Alas , poor defense fleet if it just has 2 AP...then it is vulnerable indeed !

Hes only on turn 16/17, give the guy a chance, not everyone is handed a developed empire by their friends to run....

Even the four positions I started myself have more than 2 AP , so your silly outburst is again the sign of your petulance....I am going to enjoy finding your new position with my new position , and I hope some of your buddies will be there to assist you .

Even the four positions I started myself have more than 2 AP , so your silly outburst is again the sign of your petulance....I am going to enjoy finding your new position with my new position , and I hope some of your buddies will be there to assist you .

Were your positions defence fleet on more then 2Ap on turn 16 & 17 though?? hello mcfly!!! :}

Wow rfouasnon looking forward to a fair fight for a change, someone pinch me I dont belive my eyes :}

Hes only on turn 16/17, give the guy a chance, not everyone is handed a developed empire by their friends to run....

You are mostly correct....I am on turn 13 and using Pathfinders for defence for the most part. No enemy/friend dcurrently in sight.

perhaps all you learned players could discuss a elementry warship. What should my first effort look like? How many AP does it take to survive combat?

My current all purpose craft sports some Mk 1 heavv missles, a fighter bay, some Type a screens and yes, ........2AP

what should a begining level warship look like?

You are mostly correct....I am on turn 13 and using Pathfinders for defence for the most part. No enemy/friend dcurrently in sight.

perhaps all you learned players could discuss a elementry warship. What should my first effort look like? How many AP does it take to survive combat?

My current all purpose craft sports some Mk 1 heavv missles, a fighter bay, some Type a screens and yes, ........2AP

I wouldn't be worrying too much about warships at the moment. For now, you should be exploring, working on improving your economy and researching better engines and tech. When you finally meet someone, you'll find any second generation warships you have built are pretty much irrelevant.

I would suggest you focus tech on engines and jump survey sensors to get some survey ships out there. For your economy, start stockpiling Rare Elements and research ICE-1.

The best advice I can give is hold off building warships until you run into someone, begin to slowly stockpile the resources if you want but dont convert them into ship components until you have to.

For example early on Armour will provide your best protection (until you develop force shields to a high enough level), if you begin to stockpile Advanced Steel (when youve reached it), when you run into an enemy then you can convert it into the best armour youve researched, the difference is significant, a level 5 armour gives 150 point of protection a level 6 gives 400 points, almost 3 times as effective and costs the same 5 Advanced Steel to make.

As for warship design the bigger and more advanced the better, your primary focus should be developing your industrial base now so that when you do run into someone you can then build the biggest badest warships you can.

With the pace of the game you should have plenty of warning should you bump into someone, for now develop your early warning system of pickets, I build a 1,000 ton ship of 800 fuel tankage, 1 nuclear engine, 1 jump engine. placed at every warp point it does the job, doesnt cost much and can reach as far as needed.

A tip someone passed to me is to make sure you dont fully fuel your pickets, thats the mistake I made, people can work out how far your home system is by how much fuel is left in the pickets, fill them up with I dunno 672 fuel etc and it will mess up their calculations :}

Half the fun of the game is trying things out yourself, however if you want some more tips and advice feel free to drop me a message, I would be more then happy to share the mistakes I've made and the strategies I've picked up along the way.

I would suggest you focus tech on engines and jump survey sensors to get some survey ships out there. For your economy, start stockpiling Rare Elements and research ICE-1.

I find the word ICE bantered around quite a bit on the forum. What does ICE stand for????

I find the word ICE bantered around quite a bit on the forum. What does ICE stand for????

http://www.rollingthunderforums.com/index.php?showtopic=770