Rolling Thunder Forums

Production Clarification

Sakarissa

Recently browsed through my list of installations and came across Textiles Plant, Improved Textiles Plant, and Advanced Textiles Plant. They are supposed to help with pop growth. Do their respective bonuses stack with each other? And will their bonuses stack with the Imperial Port Authority Complex which does the same thing?

Sakarissa :(

The Circle

Stack away oh ciruclar one. :thumbsup:

Reducing attrition, not helping with pop growth!

Not being a smart ass - genuine question.... Doesn't that have the same end effect, losing less means having more in the end.

Recently browsed through my list of installations and came across Textiles Plant, Improved Textiles Plant, and Advanced Textiles Plant. They are supposed to help with pop growth. Do their respective bonuses stack with each other? And will their bonuses stack with the Imperial Port Authority Complex which does the same thing?

The Circle

Not being a smart ass - genuine question.... Doesn't that have the same end effect, losing less means having more in the end.

Well it only helps *when* you have attrition.

if you have a pop growth of 1 on a ideal planet and you build a textile plant, you still get a pop growth of 1.

Should you build a medical center you will get a better pop growth than 1.

i see this as a difference.

The Circle

Yes, but not if the planet has no attrition. Building them on your home world , for example, would have no effect.

Good points all. Here is what is posted in the Installations Report

Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Improved Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Advanced Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Imperial Port Authority Complex Improves possibility of civilian immigration; only 1 needed per population group

Wonder if we could get some clarification from Pete and/or Russ on this one to make sure everyone understands what these four installations REALLY do.

The Circle

Good points all. Here is what is posted in the Installations Report

Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Improved Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Advanced Textiles Plant Improves civilian influx to colonies. 1 per 100 population for maximum possible benefit

Imperial Port Authority Complex Improves possibility of civilian immigration; only 1 needed per population group

Wonder if we could get some clarification from Pete and/or Russ on this one to make sure everyone understands what these four installations REALLY do.

Sakarissa <_<

The Circle

IMHO, the Textiles Plants have nothing to do with attrition or population growth, it has to do with civilian influx (which is similar to population growth, but I believe 'calculated' separately)

For example on a minor colony of mine:

Population Group # XXXX on Planet - 1 realizes reproductive growth of 2 population units

Population Group # XXXX on Planet - 1 realizes private civilian immigration of 7 population units--this is a popular

world, probably because of some of the facilities present there! (if a homeworld, this growth represents civilians moving

into cities from the countryside)

--note that I have textile plants here.

The Textiles Plants increase civilians 'urbanizing' if you will, it would appear, based solely on my results to not be tied to either pop growth, nor attrition. And yes, I have built Textiles Plants on my HW and seen the 'civilian influx' increase the next turn.

Sooo, adding a StarBars to a star system, would probably boost the civilian influx to all pop groups in the system! Just saying... :ranting:

• 7 years later...