Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 84 (Returned)

Seeing this game will be over in a few turns, can the interested spectators receive a kind of Dageraad-map then to see what the final map looks like? :P

Seeing this game will be over in a few turns, can the interested spectators receive a kind of Dageraad-map then to see what the final map looks like? :P

Not sure how exactly it will end, but as of now, it is something like this:

Ireland - Portugal - Tunisia - Iceland are fighting Persia - Turkey - Iraq - UAE. Libya is also still alive and kicking as an independent nation, fighting primarily UAE. I think that is all.

The middle east alliance owns the majority or all of: Egypt - Saudi - UAE - TransJordan - Syria - Iraq - Turkey - Persia - SRussia - CRussia - Baltic - Greece - Bulgaria - Rumania (~ 14 countries)

The other alliance owns most everything else except Libya (which Libya owns most of), parts of Algeria and Morocco (also Libya owned), about half of NRussia, Poland, USA and Canada (~ 22 countries).

Active battlegrounds between the big alliances in Baltic States and Yugoslavia/Rumania/Bulgaria....as well as constant air bombardments on both sides. Also some fighting in NRussia. Libya and UAE have been fighting for quite some time now....not sure how that one is going, but no major cities exchanged recently. There have been some major lopsided battles, some shockingly successful airdrops on both sides, and some heavy airbase bombardments.

Hard to know exactly how the scoring will turn out, because although we have a big lead in terms of land ownership, all the categories that score double aren't directly dependent on land possession. The middle eastern alliance almost certainly had a big lead early, as our alliance struggled early in the game against Spain/Britain/France and others. We did not score much in the first third of the game, and had not taken much territory either. However, we ultimatly defeated that group and the main European alliance (Baltic, Sweden, Czech, etc.) dropped, leaving a huge empty gap between the two big alliances. We appear to have covered the ground a bit quicker and took more of the territory, but it is hard to know what the final scoring will look like.

It could be a very interesting finish.....three TP's left!

Ireland - Portugal - Tunisia - Iceland are fighting Persia - Turkey - Iraq - UAE. Libya is also still alive and kicking as an independent nation, fighting primarily UAE. I think that is all.

The middle east alliance owns the majority or all of: Egypt - Saudi - UAE - TransJordan - Syria - Iraq - Turkey - Persia - SRussia - CRussia - Baltic - Greece - Bulgaria - Rumania (~ 14 countries)

The other alliance owns most everything else except Libya (which Libya owns most of), parts of Algeria and Morocco (also Libya owned), about half of NRussia, Poland, USA and Canada (~ 22 countries).

Active battlegrounds between the big alliances in Baltic States and Yugoslavia/Rumania/Bulgaria....as well as constant air bombardments on both sides. Also some fighting in NRussia. Libya and UAE have been fighting for quite some time now....not sure how that one is going, but no major cities exchanged recently. There have been some major lopsided battles, some shockingly successful airdrops on both sides, and some heavy airbase bombardments.

Hard to know exactly how the scoring will turn out, because although we have a big lead in terms of land ownership, all the categories that score double aren't directly dependent on land possession. The middle eastern alliance almost certainly had a big lead early, as our alliance struggled early in the game against Spain/Britain/France and others. We did not score much in the first third of the game, and had not taken much territory either. However, we ultimatly defeated that group and the main European alliance (Baltic, Sweden, Czech, etc.) dropped, leaving a huge empty gap between the two big alliances. We appear to have covered the ground a bit quicker and took more of the territory, but it is hard to know what the final scoring will look like.

Something like this?

victory-map-diplomacy-84t70.png

Seeing this game will be over in a few turns, can the interested spectators receive a kind of Dageraad-map then to see what the final map looks like? :thumbsup:

Something like this?

Looks pretty accurate, except for North Africa. Tunisia owns all of Algeria along the coast and Morocco north of Goulmima.

Libya is still active. She has dropped from the TA, but she is still an ALL of mine and we remain in constant comminication sharing resources and intelligence. It has been a real knife fight with UAE in eastern Libya. Libyan troops hardly dare poke their heads out of their foxholes for fear of getting pummelled with overwhelming airpower.

• 2 weeks later...
Seeing this game will be over in a few turns, can the interested spectators receive a kind of Dageraad-map then to see what the final map looks like? :woohoo:

Something like this?

Looks pretty accurate, except for North Africa. Tunisia owns all of Algeria along the coast and Morocco north of Goulmima.

Libya is still active. She has dropped from the TA, but she is still an ALL of mine and we remain in constant comminication sharing resources and intelligence. It has been a real knife fight with UAE in eastern Libya. Libyan troops hardly dare poke their heads out of their foxholes for fear of getting pummelled with overwhelming airpower.

I think it needs a little bit more blue in the Baltic States, US/Canada and East NR. Don't know if I will be able to take xChudovo though.

My bet is on us :woohoo:

Seeing this game will be over in a few turns, can the interested spectators receive a kind of Dageraad-map then to see what the final map looks like? :woohoo:

Something like this?

I think it needs a little bit more blue in the Baltic States, US/Canada and East NR. Don't know if I will be able to take xChudovo though.

My bet is on us? Wow what a gambler with almost two to one odds in your favor you sure are going out on a limb......

Something like this?

My bet is on us? Wow what a gambler with almost two to one odds in your favor you sure are going out on a limb......

I hope your Victory skills are better than your math skills. . .

Last I checked it was 4 on 4.

Guess its just sour grapes. . .

I suppose its 5v4 if they count Libya....not sure how they get any more than that, however.

Yep sour grapes it must be or just my bad addition, Southern Russia and Lowlands are just Solo strangers to you who are playing with no forces for the joy of the game, how foolish of me.

Thought we covered this before? Funny how you whine about Lowlands, yet your allies (and possibly you as well) follow the same tactic in other games. It is the same player who started the game....get over it.

No problem and no whine just questioning why these additional countries keep getting left out when you count. I'm sorry I can not be accountable for what my allies in this contest may or may not have done in other games but no I have never run a country for any purpose other then to win. So feel free to gloat you have surely out played us but don't suck at it.

• 1 month later...

Not a bad result given that half of Iceland was still occupied half way the game.

Taking Moscow in the last turn even gave me the highest score for Iceland ever ! (ok I gloat a litlle bit :woohoo: )

Everybody thanks for the game. And Jared of course congratulations with the highest score of the game !

Ed.

Thanks Ed. After losing xDublin in the first 7-8 turns...we battled back nicely.

Good game to everyone who stuck it out.

Jared

Not a bad result given that half of Iceland was still occupied half way the game.

Taking Moscow in the last turn even gave me the highest score for Iceland ever ! (ok I gloat a litlle bit :woohoo: )

Everybody thanks for the game. And Jared of course congratulations with the highest score of the game !

Ed.