Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

victory-map-diplomacy-91t40.png

Dag, I should remind you that I dropped 6 turns ago, so technically Portugal is a neutral nation. I can't speak for all of them, but I think one of my former TA's is now at war with me.

Dag, I should remind you that I dropped 6 turns ago, so technically Portugal is a neutral nation. I can't speak for all of them, but I think one of my former TA's is now at war with me.

Corrected. Hmm. It seems to me that with olive out and light blue and mustard fighting eachother, this game might be over.

Corrected. Hmm. It seems to me that with olive out and light blue and mustard fighting eachother, this game might be over.

Maybe, maybe not... stay tuned for latest developments! :ninja::cannon:

I must say that map makes piss poor reading. When I compare it to 87 that was a blast, this seems very sad especially when two groups are not scrapping with each other. But hey no point bitching its the same argument from 87 and now im on the receiving end so lets see how this party unfolds.

Tally Hoe

Yeah, we looked forward to our 4-against-6 match-up, which would have made for an interesting game. Well, we have something in the pipeline that may yet make things very interesting... :)

Game 87 was an exeption in a sense that when turn 73 was finished the game was far from decided, and would not have been decided for quite some time.

"Decided" as in either :

"we know which TA is going to win". or

"if we would play on after turn 73 it is clear which TA will conquer the world".

Most of the Victory games that I joined were over far before turn 73 (Dutch game 2, 6 and 8)

And game 89 is probably "over" too. Which does not mean it isn't fun to play on and see if someone can pull out a rabbit out of his hat.

I must say that map makes piss poor reading. When I compare it to 87 that was a blast, this seems very sad especially when two groups are not scrapping with each other. But hey no point bitching its the same argument from 87 and now im on the receiving end so lets see how this party unfolds.

Tally Hoe

Perhaps my biggest single bitch about Victory! is the player who has one thing go wrong and quits, even when they still have a strong position. The middle east alliance dropping this game is absolutely unforgivable. They still controlled a powerful position, with water between them and their principal antagonists, control of nearly 10 countries, and a prostrate Central Russia before them offering more riches. They lose an air force, and the next thing you know is they quit like a bunch of whiny 4 year olds who didn't get their way. I would love it if some enterprising soul could put together a group to revive that alliance, otherwise this game could get boring quick.

Is any of the players reading this forum opposed to me requesting Russ to lift the normal restriction on replacing dropped players, to allow a new group of players to populate the Middle East?

Tally Hoe

Perhaps my biggest single bitch about Victory! is the player who has one thing go wrong and quits, even when they still have a strong position. The middle east alliance dropping this game is absolutely unforgivable. They still controlled a powerful position, with water between them and their principal antagonists, control of nearly 10 countries, and a prostrate Central Russia before them offering more riches. They lose an air force, and the next thing you know is they quit like a bunch of whiny 4 year olds who didn't get their way. I would love it if some enterprising soul could put together a group to revive that alliance, otherwise this game could get boring quick.

Marken, I dropped my position--Portugal--because with all the DW/FP thrown at me, my morale dropped to like -630. Unless someone declared on me, I could not do any offensive operations. Even had I stayed in, and no one else declared war or forced peace on me, I would've spent almost the entire game just trying to get my morale in the black. I fully acknowledge that I brought my woes on myself, by not keeping an eye on my treasury. Them's the breaks, I guess.