Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 91

Hamish

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok everybody, time to make this game interesting. The abject cowardice of the entire middle east group, dropping with one of the most powerful positions in the game, because their attack on the Balkans was repulsed, has put this game into a very boring position, where there are very few groups left playing. I have not heard from the Atlantic group in awhile, and hope they have not followed the ME group into retirement.

We are proposing that the ME group be replaced, if we can find a group to replace it. It has to have 100% approval of the existing players, so would appreciate it if everybody still playing would send Russ an email approving this. Should that happen, our group would obviously have somebody to fight, and the game would continue to be interesting. If, on the other hand, we face another 33 turns of fighting the computer, I would want to look at an alternative that would be more fun. Perhaps our group against the world. Not sure we could win that, but I would rather lose fighting than win against the computer.

Well NATO is still here however I am a little miffed at the DW FP DW FP DW FP tactics of the past and would hope they dont surface again. The obvious NAP between the Scandinavians and the Europeans has also done nothing for the balance of power in this game. Part of me would welcome a Middle Eastern group surfacing again but another side of me does not like to gripe about the hand I have been dealt and will work with what I have while I can so I am neither for nor against the proposal. I wont email Russ but if a group turns up I will not object.

No objection is good enough. :)

And actually Monty, there was a fair balance before the ME-group stopped:

* Iceland and GB would be fighting Sweden and Norway (as they are now);

* US, Portugal and Spain would be fighting three-quarter of Poland, half Italy and Tunisia (as they are or will be now);

* Algeria, half Italy, Bulgaria, Rumania and a quarter Poland would be fighting UAE, Syria, Iraq, Turkey, Southern Russia;

* Finland and the remains of Central Russia would be fighting Persia.

I'd say that makes for pretty interesting match-ups.

For fairness sake, i should say that of those 6 ME-countries, only 5 are still intact (haven't lost meaningful territory, land units or air force)... Turkey is quickly being devoured and has lost almost all of it's army. That means that there's a good and viable spot for an entire team of five players. Maybe something for the old Franco-German team of five?

let's not leave out central russia here...mad props to my ally for sticking with the game when all seemed lost...really the only way I see this dropped alliance even being viable again is if the germany group picked it up...they know the in game history and they are pretty organized as a group and play well together and it will take such a group of people to have any chance of taking the war into europe...

hopefully the island nations don't drop after being booted from europe...

let's not leave out central russia here...mad props to my ally for sticking with the game when all seemed lost...really the only way I see this dropped alliance even being viable again is if the germany group picked it up...they know the in game history and they are pretty organized as a group and play well together and it will take such a group of people to have any chance of taking the war into europe...

Corrected for CR.

I already sent Peter (France) a mail to suggest precisely that, Pred. :)

Well NATO is still here however I am a little miffed at the DW FP DW FP DW FP tactics of the past and would hope they dont surface again. The obvious NAP between the Scandinavians and the Europeans has also done nothing for the balance of power in this game. Part of me would welcome a Middle Eastern group surfacing again but another side of me does not like to gripe about the hand I have been dealt and will work with what I have while I can so I am neither for nor against the proposal. I wont email Russ but if a group turns up I will not object.

I don't believe anybody that used those tactics still survives in the game. I agree, our deal with the Norsemen has now unbalanced the game a bit, but only because the cowaradly mid east alliance quit as soon as their nose got bloodied.

I do not look forward to fighting the computer for the next 30 plus turns, and if we cannot find a replacement group for the ME, feel the only way to make the game fun is to challenge the rest of the world to take us on. I hate breaking any deal with other players, and if they object to that, I will end up losing all interest in this game, which would suck, because it has been a great game up until now.

Corrected for CR.

I already sent Peter (France) a mail to suggest precisely that, Pred. :)

Got word: they will not (all) take over the ME-bloc... Vic89 beat us to it (some of them already took ove positions there).

So... give a shout to friends who you think might want to take part.

vic 89? what positions have been picked up?

Norway and NR players quit, potentially causing the entire alliance to crumble and the game to be effectively over. Peter and Christian jumped in to save the game. :)