Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! Game #70

Azuth

Liam, I assumed you had a better relationship with Lowlands (with regards to communications), so he as actually been invaded? I was suprised to see Iceland go against him with no land path so to say. Well since we are both at war with Italy, I wish you well!

-Andy :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Andy,

I'm in contact with the Lowlands but the communication lines are not always as open as they should be. Hence my request.

But everything is clear now. It seems that Norway and his friends are looking for an additional challenge! It seems that they are bored fighting on one, eastern, front and want to open another, western, front. But that's okay with me! My fleets were feeling neglected chasing those roque french subs and pt's. Fighting reals ship will keep them on their toes. And let's be honest: is there really a sound more beautiful than that of an enemy LSM sinking and breaking? :cheers:

But back to the more serious business:

Are you in contact with Italy? He won't return my calls, he doesn't open my letters, he executes my diplomats. What does a honest and god fearing statesman like myself have to do to be invited to his capital?

Maybe returning it to him would be an option! :lol:

How are you faring?

Greetings,

Liam.

Hello Liam,

Perhaps a point of interest to you: Look at the latest Recent World Events. There you can see why Italy does not invite you to his capitol! xRome is under British occupation.

In retaliation of the conquest of Malta British troops invaded the capitol of Italy.

Norbert

• 3 weeks later...

=== NEWS FLASH ===

The combined forces of Great Brittain and Greater Ireland have put down the last pocket of resitance in France.

The people of France are very pleased to have our forces present, and they are looking forward to the visit of the Irish president Liam O'Beary and the British King Norbert "Overkill" Beerse.

Sources from within the state-department say that this visit will be combined with a talk with the Austrian Ruler. This is however still unconfirmed.

The Irish Field Commander Marshall de Valera made an announcement from his HQ in France stating that the Italian oppertunist will be his next target.

He has made a considerable ammount of the finest Irish Ale available to anyone who brings him the Italian president.

Anyone who has information leading to the arrest of the Italian president can contact Division Six at the Allied HQ in xParis.

source: WNN.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys have bigger problems than looking for the Italian pretender... Lowland just lost xAntwerp I saw. And Copenhagen is still in enemy hands....

TED :rolleyes:

The newest news....

Bulgaria has conquered xBucharest from Rumania

Austria has conquered xBratislava from Czechoslovakia

Hungary has conquered xNasaud from Rumania

Peace has been declared between Syria and Trans-Jordan

Poland has conquered xPrague from Czechoslovakia

Iceland has conquered xAntwerp from Lowlands

Libya has declared war on Saudi Arabia

Peace has been declared between Libya and UAE

Bulgaria has conquered xSalonica from Greece

Ted, Ted, Ted,

So they've won a battle, big deal. Is the war over yet? I don't think so...

But if this gives them enough confidence to make a push... Then go for it!

We always liked a good fight. Will they give us one?

Not with those 18 MECHS anyway; I mean: an average effectiveness of 42% doesn't give me the chills. And those Junkers really gave those units in Liege a beating! 118% losses, that's 25%! Auch! :lol:

Ain't life grand!

Greetings,

Liam O'Beery.

• 2 weeks later...

Persia,

Do you think these will be enough to play in the sandbox? :cheers:

Persian Invasion Force

Aneiza - XXVI Corps - 6 Armored units

Abidaya - I Corps - 2 Armored units

Arar - 18th Command - 1 Mech unit

Sakaka - 19th Command - 1 Armored unit

Eldamer - 9th Command - 1 Armored unit

Haiyanya - 2nd Army - 3 Armored and 15 Mech units

Jubba - ? Command - Maybe 1 Armored unit

Truba - ? Command - Maybe 1 Armored unit

Qugga - V Corps - 2 Armored units

Nisab - XII Corps - 3 Armored and 1 Mech unit

Alahmadi - 27th Corps - 1 Armored and 1 Mech unit

Alkuwait - XXV Corps - 6 Armored units

:beer: Sauid Arabia :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Iceland,

Well, another fortnight has past and the only thing I keep seeing is your 40th army being bombed to pieces. Here are some stat's:

40th Army (15 divisions)

Division Name Experience % Effective

11th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 42% / 28%

12th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 41% / 17%

13th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 39% / 39%

14th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Veteran 45% / 33%

15th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 38% / 31%

16th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Veteran 39% / 23%

17th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 41% / 17%

18th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 36% / 9%

27th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 39% / 22%

33rd Mech Inf, MECH 39 Green 41% / 13%

34th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 30% / 8%

35th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 42% / 25%

36th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Green 40% / 30%

37th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 41% / 20%

38th Mech Inf, MECH 39 Line 32% / 11%

I have to admit that I like these figures! And to think that not one of my tanks has made contact yet with your infantry. Imagine that sight..! My fully experienced tanks rolling down the hills toward your shot up "army"... My skin already tinkles with anticipation! <_<

Keep up the good work! ;)

Liam O'Beery.

• 2 weeks later...

Liam, maybe Iceland will play nice and leave your TA Lowlands alone if you bribe him with some Irish Cream and Beer. Other than that, I would imagine you Britian, and Lowlands should be able to kick him out of there. Any news what Spain and Portugal are up to?

-Bulgaria :jawdrop:

Hi Andy,

:jawdrop: I'm not going to waste my good Irish Ale on some cold-blooded northerner!

No, my finest ale will be shared with my trustworthy allies. So Cheers to you :D

As for Spain and Portugal, I haven't got the foggiest what they're up to. I know they are warring in North-Africa, pretty succesfull too. But that's about all I could get out of them. They're a secretive bunch those Iberians :ph34r:

A bit spooky really :cheers: ...

But for now, the status quo works fine for all parties concerned :beer:

How is Germany doing?

Gr.D.

Hello Iceland,

You must have been surprised with the return of your results. GreatBritain finally broke the ALL and opened the attack to liberate Lowlands!

Nice of you to park some divisions right in front of my armies. They could use the experience...

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

Germany is laying back at the moment, basking in the glory of a defeated Yugoslavia/Rumania/Czechoslovakia. He told me he is looking forward to watching the most excellent combats going on along his western border. And of course there is always the drinking of fine German and Irish beers!

-Andy