Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! Game #70

Azuth

Hya Charlie!

I thought you guys were still working with pidgeons to communicate, it took so long to get a reaction out of you guys!

But thanks for your congrats. And could you pass my regards to Iceland? He doesn't react to anything we send him...

We will be anticipating your arrival at our beaches... :cheers:

But for now we're happy to fix the damages you've done in Lowlands and give our soldiers a few weeks of R&R; it is summer vacation after all! :drunk:

See ya in xOslo! :cheers:

Liam O'Beery.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hya yourself Liam,

As a great American leader once said, "It ain't over till the fat lady sings." We would be most happy to meet you in xOslo but unfortunately we have a ban on immigration of the Irish and British. I have instructed our armed forces to enforce this ban with "extreme prejudice". Perhaps we can meet in Dublin or Belfast. We also stand ready to provide a very warm welcome for visistors to our new colony in the Shetland Islands.

Charles the Bold

P.S. I much prefer Charles to "Charlie".

I'll tell you.... what really peeves me off is when you are trying to ambush your enemies and someone else jumps in and sinks your ships! You know who you are and I am NOT amused... :beer:

I have a tough enough time keeping my enemies at bay to get a new one. What a creep. Again, you know perfectly well who you are. I WAS fighting 3 versus me, and now, apparently, it is FOUR. Well, fine. If that is the way you wanna play, then that's fine. If not, then stop killing my ships!

Grrr......

Hello Charlie,

I do not worrie about your ban on immigration... We will bring our own immigration services with us when we visit xOslo...

I have instructed our armed forces to enforce this ban with "extreme prejudice".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We have seen your "armed forces" fight. SCARY... NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norbert

Well Liam O'Beery,

The Great Northern Alliance would like to offer our condolences to the families of the numerous transport ships recently sunk as they approached Dublin. We would also like to reassure the MANY workers so recently unemployed when all the industry in Dublin was destroyed that as soon as we conquer Ireland they will be fully employed in helping our Alliance to achieve our goal of making the world safe for democracy. To this end we have scheduled a conference in Dublin to discuss the terms of your surrender.

Good Gaming!

Charles the Bold

Norway

Hello Charly,

It was indeed a suprise when I came back from our overseas provinces to see that my workers had advanced the demolition of the outdated industrie of xDublin.

I was planning of updating my industry in the next ten turns, but now I could be ready in half that time! I was very pleased, at first that is...

:drunk: When I heard that it was my enemy that had flattened my industry I was still pleased but also a bit angry. Fortunately I had just refitted one of my fleets so I could "say bottoms up to your ships in a fitting way!"

I'm glad that I will keep the opportunity to see your fleet off for another few turns... It seems that your ships lost a bit of speed! :thumbsup:

See you somewhere in the ice..!

Liam O'Beery

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

Spain and Portugal are making steady progress in North Africa, on the diplomatic front everything is easygoing. :alien2:

About my beer factories;

I'll tell you what, I've recently aquired xZurich and I will build a factory there. We can ship it with our trains!

Perhaps you could send me some of your excellent wines? With the recently conquered italian vineyards you have a strong arsenal of excellent wines! :drunk:

Greetings Liam.

Charles Oh Charles,

Where are thou?

We've been looking on your LSM's, but found nothing in the debris...

We've been looking on your QM's, but found nothing in the debris...

We've been looking on your BB's, but found nothing in the debris...

We've even been flying over your overseas territories and still didn't find you!

:) Are you in hiding?

:D Are you afraid?

CHARLY! COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!

Greetings,

Liam O'Beery

Head architect of the New Dublin.

My Dear liam,

You have been looking in the wrong places. Sorry about shooting down so many of your ally's planes but he was attacking my ships. You will have the chance to meet personally very soon and not only that you won't even have to leave home! I would suggest as chief architect you save your designs as you will probably get many opportunities to build (and rebuild) them.

Charles the Bold

My deerest Charly,

I'm so sorry to have missed you on those sinking BB's. It almost hurt me physically to order those strikes on your ships, being a mariner myself. But alas, sometimes an agressive ruler like yourself has to be shown that the sea's are not just his to sail.

As for your promises to visit me at my own home I can only say: :lol:

But you're welcome to visit me at any time. And if you plan to come at night; please do...! :D

Perhaps we could on neutral grounds somewhere? What do you think of Denmark?

Create a peace summit of sorts :D

Good luck with your landing, you'll need it B)

Liam O'Beery.

Hello Charles "the not so" Bold, :cheers:

Another turn has past and again nothing has been heard of you and your allies... :)

But if nothing else we have to be impressed by your ship building industry; Losing these amounts of transportcapacity must be a real motivation killer. But not to your people, you just bring them on! :drunk:

I've mobilised Dad's army to help protect the beautifull Irish countryside, and they are really looking forward to meet your acquaintance. :cheers:

So hope to hear from you soon and see you later!

Greetings,

Liam