Rolling Thunder Forums

Victory! Game #70

Azuth

Mr. Lyin O'Bury,

I am a bit puzzled by your comment about my battleships as I have not lost any yet! Iceland tells me that some of his obsolete ships have been sunk so I assume that is what you are referring to? Don't worry though, you did so little damage to my transport capacity that I will still be ready to come and visit you on schedule (MY SCHEDULE of course). Any time you find that you have too many ships for your fuel supply please feel free to send them North (I DO so love to target practice with the real thing). I too look forward to seeing you soon. You bring the beer and I will supply the fireworks!

Disrespectfully yours,

Charles the Bold

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Charly,

I've never told a lie!? Why that name-calling? I falsely assumed that Iceland and you were working together closely, closely in the sense "mi casa esta su casa" etc.etc. But clearly I've been mistaken.

But that doesn't really matter now does it? I mean what really counts is the amount of damage inflicted by our forces on your forces.

And please let Iceland know that if he has more battle-groups, that have undamaged ships, he wants to render obsolete just send them over to the Irish Sea.. :lol:

But I'll tell you what, if you send an envoy over pleading on his knees for peace I'll will be most happy to offer him my hospitality.

Greetings Liam

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It has been a bit silent lately.

Doesn't anybody has any news? At all?

I'm still waiting for the visit of the icelandic ruler or his norwegian envoy, I thought they would be on the submarines my forces have sunk before my coast. Or perhaps on the carriers our planes have visited. But alas, no such luck!

But all things aside, I think things are going well in Europe. Not a lot of players left, 4 or 5 obvious blocks. But all in all very quiet.

I like quiet. Quiet is good. Quiet is nice.

Greetings Liam

• 4 weeks later...

Indeed!

Maybe we'll leave their fleets alone for the holidays.:taz: Give their loved ones a chance to send a :drunk: letter and perhaps some conserved stockfish.

I feel like :pirate2: this day's (according to my bankaccount at least..!)

To honor a good old war tradition I will promise not to shoot at anyone who hasn't shot at me, during the :holiday: that is...

Ireland and Great Brittan wish everyone a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2005! :thumbsup:

May the peace bring good ideas to all except our enemies.

Liam

• 4 weeks later...

Liam, I see your peace offer is off now that New Year's day is past. Wow, that must have been one heck of a AMP landing to take Iceland's capital. Now... Can you guys hold it? It seems Iceland it not fairing much better against Germany either, he just lost a major engagement at xKiel. His ally N. Russia has been pretty quite lately though, I wonder what he is planning?

-Andy Brogan

Hi Andy,

What can I say? xReykjavik was just another target that presented itself. It was to juicy to let it slip! And our intel tells us that he only has 2 tanks in the province... Well, isn't that nice! How many marines have followed up that first attack...? I know... But does he? :P

We have been hitting his fleets pretty hard, and are beginning to wonder where their fuel is coming from. Any ideas? N.Russia has a big fleet as well, it's not sailing however... :pirate2: Scared perhaps? We've such nice fleets roaming the atlantic..

How are things in Germany? Are you anywhere near Viborg yet?

It really looks like that the "northern alliance" is falling apart. They seem to pull back on all fronts.

Greetings,

Liam.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Charly!

I see that you've managed to kick out that poor lonely paratrooper. Please tell him that his efforts were greatly appreciated and that his momma is very proud of him! <_<

I hear rumours of a resource shortage... The captains we've captured aboard your Queen Mary's, all 15 of them, were a bit angry that they were send out without protection. They said that fuel is rationed to the extreme, and that the russians and norwegians are doing the same... :pirate2:

It seems that our patrols :taz: are costing you more than just shippoints...

And talking about shippoints; you really, really like ships! The amount we destroyed by taking xReykjavik.. I don't think I even have that much!

But no worries, we've only destroyed a few of your shipyards, it shouldn't take you more than 20 turns to be back at 'turn 40'...

But lets stop talking about the past. What about the future?

Do you really want to continue this fight? Or do you want something else by now..?

Your allies are not living up to expectations, they let you fight alone.

Your fleets are the only ones going down, norway hasn't lost anything important.

Your airfields are being raided, norway is doing nothing to prevent it.

You are fighting this war alone, they offer no relieve.

What benefits to you get from this deal?

Northern Russia is losing ground everywhere,

Norway has no way of expanding and is creating no opportunities,

You take all the risks! Why don't you cut your losses?

Step out before they drag you down with them!

Become an independent nation once more!

And maybe, in a few turns, we'll share our vision with you!

Stop this killing now, give your people the oppertunity to grow old. Let your sailors return to their homes. Tell them that they have fought well but that, for them, the war is over. We will give free passage to all that are not at war with us!

Don't continue this fight you have no hope of winning.

Liam O'Beery

Hello active players...

Am I the only one wondering what country is active and what country is being played by the computer?

As far as I know these are the active countries:

1 Austria

2 Bulgaria

3 Canada

4 Germany

5 Great Britain

6 Hungary

7 Ireland

8 Libya

9 Lowlands

10 Morocco

11 Northern Russia

12 Persia

13 Poland

14 Portugal

15 Spain

16 Sweden

But then again I could be mistaken... Who really knows who's 'really' :blush: playing a country..?

Norbert

Norbert,

I was most disappointed when I saw that you had forgotten to list Norway and Iceland amongst the countries still in the game. Given the number of planes that Great Britain has lost to each of those countries of late I would have expected them to be the first ones to come to mind.

and,

Liam,

You have been listening to too much of your own propaganda. The Great Northern Alliance is advancing on all fronts except Germany! Iceland and Norway will of course consider your request for a truce but we must hear more of the terms you are offering. Don't forget I did promise you a visit!

Charles the Bold

OOC:

By the way I am playing Norway not Iceland. Both of you have proven to be resourceful, skillful players and worthy opponents. Capturing Iceland's capital was quite a coup. Combat with skilled opponents is MUCH more fun than fighting the computer!

Good Gaming!

Hello Charles,

It gives me great pleasure to hear from you again! This forum is a bit quiet and it is always nice to hear from your opponents, especially those that give you a good fight.

But let's get back to buisseness; terms.

1) cease all hostile actions towards our forces

2) keep all your forces north of faraoes and east of NRG21

3) disband all your forces on the Shetlands and the Faraoes

4) give us a tribute of 10% of your combined national income

In exchange we will accept your peace offer and will stop sinking your ships.

But we can always talk more private about these terms.

Contact my secretary at cd_ernst@hotmail.com if you wish to discuss these terms.

Greetings,

Liam.

Hello Charles,

I left Norway and Iceland deliberately out of the list in an attempt to draw you out and get a reply...

Of cource I knew you were still playing. I get loads of reports of movement from your forces...

Reykjavik was an opportunity I could not let go... It was a cheat way of getting rid of the coastal defences... Better than sailing in with the big battleships.

We hope to give you a good battle. This is also why I play the game. A good skillful opponent is something you always wish for... Perhaps we have some more surprises for you in store.

Keep up the good work in this game. I hope to join an alliance with you in a future game.

Norbert

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Charles the Bold,

Have you seen our surprise yet? :P

I'm still open for discussion... :huh:

But seriously now. When you've seen your turnresults I want to ask you a few questions. I've done something I haven't done before and I would like to know how effective it was. If you don't want to tell me during the game (I know I wouldn't want too!) I hope you'll want to share this information after the game.

If you haven't got a clue what I'm talking about, don't worry about it: You'll know soon!

And always remember: It's never personal it's just war!

Most sincerly,

Liam.

Destructor Magnificus