Rolling Thunder Forums

Robotic Shipyards

Chargerman

and look at the tech tree from this point. you have been playing this game for years and have probaly started new empires so your new empires get the advantage of your knowledge and the people around you are at a disadvantage because of that prior knowledge.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and look at the tech tree from this point. you have been playing this game for years and have probaly started new empires so your new empires get the advantage of your knowledge and the people around you are at a disadvantage because of that prior knowledge.

Technically, I would say this is the case. Personally, I have not started new empires like this because I don't want to start back at the beginning of the tech tree and go through all of that again. And because of the way info tends to circulate, I'm not sure how common of an issue this actually is.

My advice to a new player would be to make friends with an established player and see if they are willing to share/give info (tech info is not the only valualbe info available in the game ;) ). I think people are much more willing to do this on a private level as opposed to publicly on the boards. It never hurts to ask.

Technically, I would say this is the case. Personally, I have not started new empires like this because I don't want to start back at the beginning of the tech tree and go through all of that again. And because of the way info tends to circulate, I'm not sure how common of an issue this actually is.

My advice to a new player would be to make friends with an established player and see if they are willing to share/give info (tech info is not the only valualbe info available in the game ;) ). I think people are much more willing to do this on a private level as opposed to publicly on the boards. It never hurts to ask.

Looking at these messages, the older player certainly does not want to give away the Farm. For those saying this will not help a new player as they will not be instantly able to research the teck, I say, how much faster can they get it if they know how to get there. When the game was new you kept everything secret. What is the excuse now? The only reason to keep it secret is to take advantage of a new player with your new empire OR an old empire that finds a newer player.

I personnaly will give out the ANZ or INST on anything you want, except Ring Worlds

Most of those older players several of you are lambasting for not just giving out the ANZ are more than happy to supply information through private messages.when asked. Whenever I have asked for anz information either publically on the forums, or through private messages to older players I have always gotten tons of responses. They may not give the exact ANZ everytime, but I always get enough information to tell me what tech paths I need to be researching down. Most of them are reluctant to just drop it into the forums because there are some players who don't want it tossed out there. They like having that mystery and the feeling of discovering something interesting without having someone just hand it to them.

I personnaly will give out the ANZ or INST on anything you want, except Ring Worlds

Well, if you don't already have one, put together a nice little spread sheet with ALL of the tech tree that you are aware of and post it.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind giving out ANZs to new players when asked. And like I and others have now said, there are a lot of "old" players out there that will do this privately. Most won't do it publicly, so new players need to find a friendly player and just ASK - wow what a novel concept and not that difficult to do. And I'll say again, I think (and this is my opinion) that not giving out this info publicly has very little to do with trying to maintain superiority over new players. Some think it spoils some of the fun in the game (I do not subscribe to this thought), some don't do it because they don't want to reveal publicly what they might or might not have researched yet, some players don't do this because they might have initially received the info from another player and agreed not to "give it away" to anyone else, etc. Even your willingness to give out info has limits and conditions -- so don't judge. It's a personal choice how each player decides to handle this issue.

I don't start up new empires and I never intend to do so, so my decision on whether or not to give out ANZs has nothing to do with keeping an advantage over an empire that is 100 jumps away that I will never meet up with in another 20 yrs of playing this game.

And again, I had already given the ANZ on the robotic shipyards (before you posted it) to the players in this thread that had inquired about it. They dind't ask me personally, I just sent it to them by private message when they were asking questions about it. Will I do this all the time and with all the info that I have -- I doubt it. But it's my info to with what I will.

Since you don't have any qualms or issues about giving out your info publicly, then go ahead and post a comprehensive list of all of your ANZ and INST info - not just what you've researched, but everything you've ever received from any source in or out of the game.

We're waiting.............

Well, if you don't already have one, put together a nice little spread sheet with ALL of the tech tree that you are aware of and post it.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind giving out ANZs to new players when asked. And like I and others have now said, there are a lot of "old" players out there that will do this privately. Most won't do it publicly, so new players need to find a friendly player and just ASK - wow what a novel concept and not that difficult to do. And I'll say again, I think (and this is my opinion) that not giving out this info publicly has very little to do with trying to maintain superiority over new players. Some think it spoils some of the fun in the game (I do not subscribe to this thought), some don't do it because they don't want to reveal publicly what they might or might not have researched yet, some players don't do this because they might have initially received the info from another player and agreed not to "give it away" to anyone else, etc. Even your willingness to give out info has limits and conditions -- so don't judge. It's a personal choice how each player decides to handle this issue.

I don't start up new empires and I never intend to do so, so my decision on whether or not to give out ANZs has nothing to do with keeping an advantage over an empire that is 100 jumps away that I will never meet up with in another 20 yrs of playing this game.

And again, I had already given the ANZ on the robotic shipyards (before you posted it) to the players in this thread that had inquired about it. They dind't ask me personally, I just sent it to them by private message when they were asking questions about it. Will I do this all the time and with all the info that I have -- I doubt it. But it's my info to with what I will.

Since you don't have any qualms or issues about giving out your info publicly, then go ahead and post a comprehensive list of all of your ANZ and INST info - not just what you've researched, but everything you've ever received from any source in or out of the game.

We're waiting.............

LOL I could just whip up a spreadsheet in a couple minutes.... No wait I tried that and it was such a mess with prereq appearing out of no where, that I gave up Perhaps someone could show me their's if anyone has been able to make a complete one. There is one from the in player aid section that is a starting one. alos on note, if you do not want to see that ANZ, at the top of the ANZ it says ANZ robotic shipyards, JUST STOP READING AT THAT POINT SHEESH.

Your shipyards will not build anything less then 25k tons. You can load op the que all you want but they won't get built. I also think that the program ignores any attempts to do so if you tried. Your shipyards will double output, even though it is still reported at the lower level and any shipyards in excess of 100,000 are essentially wasted as you are still limited by the 2B ton cap.

Your shipyards will not build anything less then 25k tons. You can load op the que all you want but they won't get built. I also think that the program ignores any attempts to do so if you tried. Your shipyards will double output, even though it is still reported at the lower level and any shipyards in excess of 100,000 are essentially wasted as you are still limited by the 2B ton cap.

Is it impossible to build 3 billion-ton ships at a pop group in one turn?

it is impossible to build a 3 billion ton ship in 100 turns...

2 billion tons is all you can build...

Not so. I just had another 10 billion ton ship come out of the shipyards this turn. It takes 5 turns to complete. 2 billion tons per turn is all that a pop group can do. But you can design much larger ships. Just like any other sized ship, you have to have all of the components in stockpile when you issue the SHIP order. If the ship is larger than 2 billion tons, it will take multiple turns to finish.

So to answer SCINAT's question, it is impossible to build a 3 billion ton ship at a pop group in one turn. It would take two turns to do this.

With pre robotic shipyards, it would take 200,000 shipyards per turn for 5 turns to crank out a 10 billion ton ship. With robotic shipyards, it would take 100,000 shipyards per turn for 5 turns to do the same thing.

Hope that helps clear that up.