Rolling Thunder Forums

Robotic Shipyards

Chargerman

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at these messages, the older player certainly does not want to give away the Farm. For those saying this will not help a new player as they will not be instantly able to research the teck, I say, how much faster can they get it if they know how to get there. When the game was new you kept everything secret. What is the excuse now? The only reason to keep it secret is to take advantage of a new player with your new empire OR an old empire that finds a newer player.

I personnaly will give out the ANZ or INST on anything you want, except Ring Worlds

Moonshadow, aren't you worried that another turn is going to go by where all the new palyers are getting slaughtered by the old players because they don't have access to the tech tree? Why are you not posting this information??? You said that you do not have a problem with posting this publicly and that you would do so. Have you gone back on your word? Have you changed your mind?

Maybe this isn't the big issue that you are trying to make it out to be.

Do you not find it odd that, with your offer to post any ANZ or INST publicly, there have been no further requests in the thread? And with my offer to provide info privately to new players I have only had one request from one player.

I think you have greatly exaggerated this issue. And I suspect that most new players already have, or know how to get, an experienced contact in the game that goes a long way to leveling the playing field.

But just in case I'm wrong, I'm going to start a new thread for you just to get the ball rolling.

I personnaly will give out the ANZ or INST on anything you want, except Ring Worlds

Well, if you don't already have one, put together a nice little spread sheet with ALL of the tech tree that you are aware of and post it.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind giving out ANZs to new players when asked. And like I and others have now said, there are a lot of "old" players out there that will do this privately. Most won't do it publicly, so new players need to find a friendly player and just ASK - wow what a novel concept and not that difficult to do. And I'll say again, I think (and this is my opinion) that not giving out this info publicly has very little to do with trying to maintain superiority over new players. Some think it spoils some of the fun in the game (I do not subscribe to this thought), some don't do it because they don't want to reveal publicly what they might or might not have researched yet, some players don't do this because they might have initially received the info from another player and agreed not to "give it away" to anyone else, etc. Even your willingness to give out info has limits and conditions -- so don't judge. It's a personal choice how each player decides to handle this issue.

I don't start up new empires and I never intend to do so, so my decision on whether or not to give out ANZs has nothing to do with keeping an advantage over an empire that is 100 jumps away that I will never meet up with in another 20 yrs of playing this game.

And again, I had already given the ANZ on the robotic shipyards (before you posted it) to the players in this thread that had inquired about it. They dind't ask me personally, I just sent it to them by private message when they were asking questions about it. Will I do this all the time and with all the info that I have -- I doubt it. But it's my info to with what I will.

Since you don't have any qualms or issues about giving out your info publicly, then go ahead and post a comprehensive list of all of your ANZ and INST info - not just what you've researched, but everything you've ever received from any source in or out of the game.

We're waiting.............

LOL I could just whip up a spreadsheet in a couple minutes.... No wait I tried that and it was such a mess with prereq appearing out of no where, that I gave up Perhaps someone could show me their's if anyone has been able to make a complete one. There is one from the in player aid section that is a starting one. alos on note, if you do not want to see that ANZ, at the top of the ANZ it says ANZ robotic shipyards, JUST STOP READING AT THAT POINT SHEESH.

Please read the replies before ranting EL CAPITAN

I have been asked for these items by persons that shall remain unknown. Spoiler alert

Holographic Neural-Feed Battle Grid: The Holographic Neutral-Feed Battle Grid represents a quantum leap over the old Holographic Battle Display systems. It uses HBD's for command-and-control during a space battle by displaying a three dimensional holographic view of all detected combatants. As a result, commanders are more fully able to coordinate their ships with other friendly vessels during the heat of battle. HBD's are compact and relatively easy to manufacture, and offers incredible resolution, including a new system of highlighting potential threats with a wide range of colors and symbols. Commanders are able to walk, slither, fly or otherwise move about the display area, giving them an unprecedented view of a battle in progress. This system is not only quite advanced, but is also a lot of fun for your naval commanders to fool around with during training exercises. Many a midshipman has been caught after hours playing hologames in the HBD. The key improvement with this technology is that the command staff of a flagship can link their brains directly with the fire control systems of their ships, communicating with one another and their weapons batteries with but a thought. Unlinked officers continue to use the 3-dimensional display which updates continuously to show battle progress. It is difficult to imagine a superior system of fire control. (100 tons) 500 Advanced Electronics Classification: Bridge Structural Integrity: 100 Prerequisite Technologies: 8th Generation Computer Systems Bridge Strength: Phenomenal [81000]

1st Generation Cybernetics: Cybernetics forms a bridge between standard Life Science and improved understanding of robotics. It is very important for the development of advanced robotic devices, and can prove extremely useful for creation of machine implants for hybrid cyborg individuals. Classification: Horizon Technology This Item cannot be manufactured, and is either a ground combat upgrade or a prerequisite for other technologies Prerequisite Technologies: Advanced Bionics, 2nd Generation Medical Science, 3rd Generation Computer Systems

Mk I Defense Directorate: Defense Directorates are top quality computer systems used in the same was as regular Computer Systems, but are specially designed for use in surface fortress and orbital installations. These systems add considerably to the Bridge capabilities of the combat unit they are built on. (100 tons) 500 Improved Electronics Classification: Bridge Structural Integrity: 100 Prerequisite Technologies: Mk III Computer System Bridge Strength: Good [16000]

So you are willing to lambast others for not doing what you claim is just too daunting of a task?

I am willing to lambast others for not posting the ANZ to answer newbie questions, I did not say someone should post every ANZ they knew. I can see on the board people attacking the newbies and crowing about their greatness, and these same people answer newbie questions in a vague fashion, and never give out an ANZ. Yet I, am the bad person, for actually giving out the ANZ in public. SO I deduce from this a lot more people than I suspected really want to find a newbie to blow up.

i for one need all the info i can get my hands on because i have in my midst not one but a number of older players that started new empires and have years of research knowledge on me..... and with out the help of some older players i believe i would have just wasted 3 years of playing...... so thank you moonshadow

So you are willing to lambast others for not doing what you claim is just too daunting of a task?

I am willing to lambast others for not posting the ANZ to answer newbie questions, I did not say someone should post every ANZ they knew. I can see on the board people attacking the newbies and crowing about their greatness, and these same people answer newbie questions in a vague fashion, and never give out an ANZ. Yet I, am the bad person, for actually giving out the ANZ in public. SO I deduce from this a lot more people than I suspected really want to find a newbie to blow up.

I've never had an issue with you or anyone giving out info publicly. My issue is that you have lumped all of the "old" players together in your misguided assumption that they ALL keep info from the new players for the SOLE reason of being able to maintain an advantage. My point has always been that there are many other reasons people don't post this info on the board. Many of the old players give out lots of info to new players, just not publicly.

You are the "bad person" because you can't comprehend that there might be other legitimate reasons for not posting ANZs publicly, not because you are willing to do so yourself. I appreciate your willingness to do so and encourage you to do it. Just don't lambaste me for not "giving the farm away". My reasons have nothing to do with that.

Highwayboy , your position has been started at the same time as my position , with the only difference being that I talked with my neighbors instead of mindlessly shooting at them at first sight . I got an older position about 5 months after I started my first position by way of the people I chose to talk to instead of attacking them . Don't act as if you are the poor innocent newbie thrown in with a bunch of veteran players...that simply is not the case .

never claimed to be the poor innocent here but you have been playing how long? 2003????? so you are telling me that you dont know where most of the tech tree branches are? Yeah Right... you are funny..... and i do kno this i play this game to take worlds not to be friends with my neighbors no offense to anyone but we all start our empires with a theme in mind and mine was fighting space or ground..... so blah blah blah..... steers and queers is all i ever saw in texas and i dont see any horns on your profile.. so name callin is all good

I registered with the website in 2003 . I started playing this version of SuperNova in January 2008 . Ask Russ . You say you started the game to take worlds , then why did you send me a bunch of emails in the beginning to try to get me to be in an alliance with you ? When I told you I was allied to Marcus , you still tried to persuade me to abandon him . So I guess your premise for playing this game is also a falsehood . I got all the tech trees from my allies ...the same people you attacked . We have let you stew in your home system , but that will eventually change . Where are the attacking ships you have been promising us ? Or are you afraid to come out and play ? You are a simple windbag , all blow and no go . While you have been confined to your homesystem , we have been busy gathering the dropped worlds and making contacts with the others in the area . No matter if your ships ever get out , everybody has your position on the setting war , so that means automatic attacks . If you really think that your position ever has a chance of having more than one world , you are mistaken . Come on , back up your threats . No , I think that would be asking too much of you .

dont you worry im gonna find out what you all got soon and then we shall see.. i needed some higher techs to be able to fight back.. no sense in just throwing my resources away on battles i wont win... right? i am just one empire you know lol

I registered with the website in 2003 . I started playing this version of SuperNova in January 2008 . Ask Russ . You say you started the game to take worlds , then why did you send me a bunch of emails in the beginning to try to get me to be in an alliance with you ? When I told you I was allied to Marcus , you still tried to persuade me to abandon him . So I guess your premise for playing this game is also a falsehood . I got all the tech trees from my allies ...the same people you attacked . We have let you stew in your home system , but that will eventually change . Where are the attacking ships you have been promising us ? Or are you afraid to come out and play ? You are a simple windbag , all blow and no go . While you have been confined to your homesystem , we have been busy gathering the dropped worlds and making contacts with the others in the area . No matter if your ships ever get out , everybody has your position on the setting war , so that means automatic attacks . If you really think that your position ever has a chance of having more than one world , you are mistaken . Come on , back up your threats . No , I think that would be asking too much of you .

One common thing in your rants I noticed is you, You and this Guy you and that guy you and Flagritz you and highwayman.on and on LOL