Rolling Thunder Forums

ASK MOONSHADOW - a thread for new players to get the info they need

El Capitan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

To get the most out of them, you need to build it on a planet as different as possible from your homeworld.

Which means you'll probably need environment-mitigating installations so your science buildings don't go boom.

I seem to have figured out rather quickly how to play this game but I have yet to find out what all these ships in my shipyard report are. Do I own these, it doesn't seem like I do or else theyd be in a fleet? But one of these does say "Assign to fleet 101" I didn't think they were designs because they all say pathfinder but out of this lot of 25 ships they all have 12 tons and only 5 different classification types. Next to each there is a check box under a "Scrap?" column.

oh, good. Now my last question before I start role playing from here on out. In my report in the beginning of my first report the SS is showing unsurveyed warp points, later on it refers again to the warp points as unsurveyed. However at the end it shows the warp points under "Surveyed Warp Point." Before I turn my first turn in (Nearly hit the first 40 order amount) I need to know if I should survey these before I attempt a warp.

oh, good. Now my last question before I start role playing from here on out. In my report in the beginning of my first report the SS is showing unsurveyed warp points, later on it refers again to the warp points as unsurveyed. However at the end it shows the warp points under "Surveyed Warp Point." Before I turn my first turn in (Nearly hit the first 40 order amount) I need to know if I should survey these before I attempt a warp.

No need to survey those warp points - as part of the set-up you already know the destinations of any WP in your home system - the initial SS is so you'll know all the orbits in your home system.

I lied, ugh. One more, the rules don't spell it out very clearly or I skipped a sentence or two. When building a ship do I need the materials (steel, synthetics, processed radioactive, etc) or first build all the components (Computer System, Armour plating, etc) before I issue a build ship (SHIP) order? I suspect it is the latter case because how else could you build a ship with components traded to you from other empires.

Also if I conquer an AI world is the population the species of that world or once I conquer it does it take on all my species characteristics. I.E. I conquer a race of flying chuck Norris like insects and want to use them as shock troops because they may be better for ground combat.

I lied, ugh. One more, the rules don't spell it out very clearly or I skipped a sentence or two. When building a ship do I need the materials (steel, synthetics, processed radioactive, etc) or first build all the components (Computer System, Armour plating, etc) before I issue a build ship (SHIP) order? I suspect it is the latter case because how else could you build a ship with components traded to you from other empires.

Also if I conquer an AI world is the population the species of that world or once I conquer it does it take on all my species characteristics. I.E. I conquer a race of flying chuck Norris like insects and want to use them as shock troops because they may be better for ground combat.

You must first build the synthetics, refined crystals, steel, etc... that you need then build the Computers, fuel tankage, Armour, etc... first - After those components are in stockpile you can issue the ship order.

Once you conquer a species they retain their characteristics while on planet, but as soon as they are loaded into a Troop or Colonial Berth they Morph into your species.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info on the last ANZ. I appreicate the help. does anyone have the ANZ on the System Probe and the Science Drone.

any help you could provide would be great I am trying to decide what lines to research and the benifits. I've been playing for a year now and have most of the idea of the things I want to research but thease are areas that I'm still not sure of. any help would be apprecated.