Rolling Thunder Forums

weapons

Highwayman

half? where did you go to school? 3 type e's should put out 19200000 per side and only did 960000?? and like i said i had other issues where it was not a warp point assualt.. pete needs to figure this one out cause i have two seperate empires that this happened to..

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

half? where did you go to school? 3 type e's should put out 19200000 per side and only did 960000?? and like i said i had other issues where it was not a warp point assualt.. pete needs to figure this one out cause i have two seperate empires that this happened to..

Wow, yes you are right 8^O

They did only minimum aka 5% damage, like if they were posted in DepLoc 10.

I think I know what happened:

You have most likely assigned your scouts to a formation, which is not in "Colum Attack" in Force Battle Plan. E.g. M.

Or perhaps a higher Deploc than 10 in the Battle Plan for your chosen Mission Class?

Please check this. Though Pete had fixed the entry program and the Battle Plans some time ago.

But perhaps something is amiss here.

# 304 Seeker ************ * WP ***** Convoy Route

ROE Z Column Attack

Fleet Tonnage 500,000

2 seeker class Frontier Cruiser

No, I meat checking the Mission Class of the Seekers in the Ship Design Report. And check as well if that Mission class has really

a DepLoc of 1 and not one of e.g. 12. I think > 10 is not displayed right.

Pete left a note in one of the other threads, 'Turns are in thread' I think it was, that he would only be looking in on the forum occasionally this week - sounds like he's got something else on his plate. By inference, you might find he doesn't respond immediately because of this.

Check the deploc of both sides. Maybe the other fleet is sitting back a bit.

Space combat has some mysterious components and I have a vague suspicion there is a timing element. If the battle was over quickly (and it sounds like it was), I suspect your fleet may have been destroyed before all its guns could fire.

when you do a FOB it shows the damage a fleet puts out.. there is no taking into account of where the opposing fleet is BECAUSE it does not matter where they are.. only what deploc you have the ships in said fleet.. so if you have 448 Type D Spinal Starbore on deploc 9 the damage is what? well according to a battle report it is 50%..... 44,800,000,668..... so i have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong......because 448 type e spinal starbores are supposed to do 896000000000......................

any thoughts or input? i may be wrong?

your numbers are a bit off.. 448 SSB's would do 448 billion at 50 percent of firepower at DL 9 they would do about 20 percent of max for

a still very respectable 179,200,000,000 damage. that 44,800,000,000 number is only 5 percent of total firepower which would mean that

your ship for some reason were firing for the minimum amount of possible damage. this has happened to me as well in recent warp point

assault engagements.

pete assured me that he was going to go over the WPA code to ensure it is functioning properly as i informed him that i wouldn't mind

losing a battle fair and square but losing due to some kind of bug would be.

when you do a FOB it shows the damage a fleet puts out.. there is no taking into account of where the opposing fleet is BECAUSE it does not matter where they are.. only what deploc you have the ships in said fleet.. so if you have 448 Type D Spinal Starbore on deploc 9 the damage is what? well according to a battle report it is 50%..... 44,800,000,668..... so i have come to the conclusion that there is something wrong......because 448 type e spinal starbores are supposed to do 896000000000......................

any thoughts or input? i may be wrong?

The damage your fleet does will be lower if the enemy is at deploc 9, I just am not sure if it is shown in the battle report as your total weapon output or the damage you will do. as I calculate this on my own spread sheet and do not rely on the print out. Though my sheet may not be correct, I only talk to Pete if the result is way different. As i do not trust the print out, Pete said something a few turns ago about the printouts being wrong about something on fleets. I can tell you what he will say. Everything is working fine I reran the battle several times.

On further reflection, your reported damage should not depend on the enemy's deploc as he could have ships at many deplocs. I suspect this is a quirk of the printed battle report and the battle is running correctly, but Pete is going to have to check it.

Even if there is a bug, I don't think it would have made a difference this time. A 10,000,000 ton ship is always going to be just a speed bump to a 6,000,000,000 tonner.