Rolling Thunder Forums

Guest Spongebob

I must say it is fairly quiet, usually there are 50 pages of debate on what nation I play and how many have DW on me, alas in this game all is open and above board so the only secret is my secret plan to take over the world - What you have to ask yourself is what devious sponglike agenda do I really have.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the puppet Government in Sweden was ordered to attack Norway, leaving the country defenseless for pending assimilation by the green horde. So who do you think is pulling the strings?

I hope this is just a baseless rumour, else this game would be spoiled from the start.

If true, that would leave green without any serious opposition and after some time "we"(= orange) will be next on the menu.

Anyone knows who is playing Sweden? It was one of the last free positions taken .....

At the moment we are committed to a fight that is -more or less- a fair one. Five of us fighting against Lowlands, Switzerland, France, Hungary, Yugoslavia and Bulgaria. Except that our ennemies have uncomitted TA's and we do not. With the latest diplomatic information (Thanks!) that is still a lot of uncomitted TA's.

A DW by GB was in the cards, but the battlefleet of Iceland levelling xHamburg was not.

Counting France, that is 5 wars within the first 6 turns.

Well, maybe I can expect attacks from Ireland, Portugal and the USA too.

Must be my breath or something.

Guest Spongebob

Thats not going to be much use to the Sponge Boat Squad, but as I say if you allow the Sponge Liberation Front to march into Hamburg I am sure the Icelandic Hoards will go home and not bother your people again, they will be under my protection :joker:

I heard the puppet Government in Sweden was ordered to attack Norway, leaving the country defenseless for pending assimilation by the green horde. So who do you think is pulling the strings?

Reece who is telling those rumours?

I am guessing Norway who was trying to attack me when I was defending against Finland.

Norway was BPAing me from turn 3, I just beat him to it. Norway has several armies in Sweden at this point.

Too bad for him I made a mistake when pulling troops back to Stockholm last turn.

Finland had a double move turn 4-5 otherwise he would not have take his prices. I missed his DW and when I got that info I already lost two big cities. Troops are being moved to retake stockholm.

I have another rumour on this game, some northafrican/middle east nations are locked away in federal prison.

Or is Libya the pawn of Egypt, he lost a lot of big cities already......all those rumours

Guest Spongebob

Dont worry Dagger, I will save you. :) BTW Can I Have Hamburg?

Are you sure you want it? If you take ownership you will be responsible for all the insurance claims concerning recent damage and will have to pay all those unemployment benefits too...

I have only beneviolent aims regarding the population of Hamburg. I will provide jobs in the Sponge factorys, set them to work rebuilding the city defenses and dedicate the city to peaceful means. Honest.

I also have to ask the Padishah how come you have not spoken with the Norwegen Prime Minister and discussed the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I am sure common sense would prevail, not that I have an intrest in anything like that, we in the confederacy are only interested in whats right for peace.

Padishah Emperor Shaddam V

Nice to see you have found a voice and made your first post. Good luck on retaking your cities, and if you succeed it will go a long way in restoring your reputation. If not then buy a Ushanka and settle in for a long occupation. My advice would be for you and Norway to band together and fight your common enemy. You could learn from Libya and Syria. They both have lost several major cities as they are at war with multiple neighbors and being outnumbered in this game isn't desirable. Have fun, RIck

Sweden and Norway will either make peace immediately or face certain doom. Best hope for FI/NR is to have NO/SW squable over some 30-pop city causing them both to lose their 400 pop.

A DW by GB was in the cards, but the battlefleet of Iceland levelling xHamburg was not.

Counting France, that is 5 wars within the first 6 turns.

Well, maybe I can expect attacks from Ireland, Portugal and the USA too.

Must be my breath or something.

I'll be right there! Hang on for about 6 more turns, ok?