Rolling Thunder Forums

New Special Game (No TA's)

Reece

Well if we are all anonymous perhaps Russ would give us all a second forum account for our country name in this game. Would eliminate the need for the RNA order and maybe increase use of the board for diplomacy. Guess the maps would have to be based upon observed actions.

Nice idea in a perfect world, but I suspect there will be people who will join this knowing other people who have joined, and while they can't actually team up, they will certainly know each others identity and be able to communicate. I would like to try it as you say, and see how it works though.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea in a perfect world, but I suspect there will be people who will join this knowing other people who have joined, and while they can't actually team up, they will certainly know each others identity and be able to communicate. I would like to try it as you say, and see how it works though.

Information is currency. If someone knows an anonyomous players true identity they will be very tempted to 'sell" the information especially if the player is on the opposite side of the map. I think people should use secret identities at their own peril. It will breed suspicion and eventually the word seams to leak out anyway.

just not using the forum or telling anyone at all is the only way to gaurd your identity. If you choose that route you may be at a serious disadvantage to those who openly identify themselves and communicate with many different players.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The regular game moved to 90% while the no TA game remains at 70%. Looks like we need some more players willing to play without the support of a Total Ally. Have fun, RIck

To get this game off the ground I would propose that USA, Canada, and Iceland be non player countries. That would get us to 80% level of participation. Would that get us close enough to start?

• 2 weeks later...