Rolling Thunder Forums

D2 -- Abandoned t64 Turkey (would have survived)

D6 -- Abandoned t46 Algeria (would probably have won)

D6 -- Abandoned t28 Denmark (would probably have been squashed if continued)

87 -- Team 2nd (Persia)

89 -- Team 1st (Iceland)

94 -- Team collapse t28 (Germany)

95 -- surviving (UAE), team mates not doing so well but hey, it is still just turn 10.

96 -- just starting

The first three games were "Dutch" games, that were provided by the PBM express in Dordrecht, the Netherlands.

They were before the big patch, so lots of drop-outs, inflexible TA's and ridiculous air forces.

So, if I follow the trend, anything is possible

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Spongebob

Copy of the post showing my Battle Honours.

Every now and again usually when I am bored I start a new topic and its all about ME!!, why because I am the most important person here and if you dont agree then you can just go and leave.

Anyway we all know the Sponges reputation of being a bit crap at this game well I thought I would go back through all the games I have been in, now some of the records were destroyed in a fire, no it was not me it was some German who thought he could re-write history...

Anyway as some records are missing and my memory is basically full of holes, literally - Does anyone remember the Sponge playing in these games 74, 84 and 90.

Now for some facts. The sponges worst outing was believe it or not NOT Denmark but in my first game since the middle ages, game 73 I was Norway and died a horrible early death around Turn 6 - Who was Sweden? cant remember but whoever it was I would like to know so I can give them a slap. The other bad outing was a take up position in 86 as Saudi, too much sand and I dropped after T6

I have played my beloved Denmark 6 times and not done to badly with that, Best so far was T25 and also lasted till T23 and T21. The only real disaster was in game 78 when I died on T8, and that was only because of a double crossing back stabbing evilness at the hands of the Monk and his cronies, they tricked the Sponge and I paid the price. He will die one day for that evil deed.

Out of 17 games only 5 have ended before double figures, T10 onwards. Most lasted until the late to mid 20s with the best performance being Iceland lasting into the 30s

Other highlights, I thought I would bury the hatchet and join with the Monk and his allies, what did they do, bully me and order lil ol Sponge about and sacrificed me then left me for dead as Trans Jordan, Died T8 Double crossed again, Never trust a Monk.

We wont mention the evil done by Hersir that caused another defeat and the madness it filled within me that caused my morality to be sold to the Devil in 91 and so I hang by a thread in that game as Denmark, still Im on T20 and counting.

My best deception was in V88 when I was France or was I Switzerland or was I, well you get the picture, it was so cunning I had enemies telling me everything but that still did not save the Sponge and defeat was assured on T23

So all in all not a bad run, not half as bad as some would have you believe.

Long Live the Sponge - Now read the Small Print

[1] Anyone criticizing King Sponge will be oppressed
[2] The press is not free, I control it so get used to it, you cannot type what you like
[3] All comments must be approved my the Spongistanian Cultural Minister who is ME!
[4] Denmark should be called by its official name of Greater Spongistan by all foreigners, i.e. YOU!
[5] You must learn how to speak BS, that's Brilliant Spongish
[6] Agreement with this proclamation is written in the Spongistanian constitution
[7] There are no Amendments to this Constitution as we got it right first time
[8] Colonists are not allowed to start a civil war, a war for independence, a war against anyone with slitty eyes, a war on poppy farmers, a war against the cold, a war where only planes are used
[8] Yes I know I have already done number 8 but I am King Sponge and am allowed to make up my own rules
[8] Shut it!! I know! - Colonist are not allowed to join a war where they are late or against any nation that produces Oil
[9] If it says press this button then don't do it, especially if its red and accompanied by keys and located underwater

[10] Remember the golden rule - The Sponge is always right, even when I'm wrong and Jeremy Clarkson is my twin Brother. Shussssh!!!

And here is the list per game since my return to the game with Noway in V73, the turn of defeat or drop is shown

73 Norway 6

74 Tunisia 9

75 Denmark 25 FIRST

76 USA 26

77 Great Britain 13

78 Denmark 7 SECOND

79 Iceland 25

80 Trans Jordan 8

81 Norway 25

82 Czechoslovakia 28

83 Iceland 31

85 Denmark 23 THIRD

86 Saudi Arabia 6

87 Germany 7

88 France 23

89 Denmark 21 FORTH

91 Denmark 22 FIFTH

92 Denmark 20 SIXTH

93 Switzerland 5

94 Denmark 21 SEVENTH

95 Im not dead yet

96 Im not telling yet

Ranked in order of Survivability

83 Iceland 31

82 Czechoslovakia 28

76 USA 26

75 Denmark 25

79 Iceland 25

81 Norway 25

85 Denmark 23

88 France 23

91 Denmark 22

89 Denmark 21

94 Denmark 21

92 Denmark 20

77 Great Britain 13

74 Tunisia 9

80 Trans Jordan 8

78 Denmark 7

87 Germany 7

73 Norway 6

86 Saudi Arabia 6

93 Switzerland 5

Well now that I have seen this post I have a solution for you. Simply tell Russ that you want a special private game set up where you provide all 40 players. I am sure you have that many aliases. Eventually one of your alter egos will have to win. Should do wonders for your confidence level. Have fun, Rick

At least we can say Mr. Sponge is consistent. He starts every game. My money is on Denmark! Perhaps you could hold Greenland. I hear it's beautiful this time of year. Germany can't attack you since his tech does not have sea worthy landing craft. Then you can claim survivorship. (If only Greenland was on the map)

Guest Spongebob

My quest is to beat my all time best for T31, now if you could all kindly fight amongst yourselves and leave me alone then I may just do it. I also have a prediction, my thoughts are that most nations will not DW come turn 3, they will sit on the fence and wait for others to declare there intentions. Because of this I am not going to wait, I will attack as soon as possible, gain the element of surprise and victory will be mine.

Muuuurrrrraaaaghhhhh!!!!!!

Most countries will not DW on turn 3 because there is a 40% of them breaking the NAP with any bordering country.

And I will not DW because:

A) there is noone that I could attack in turn 3. In any meaningfull way.

B) My computer won't accept DW Spongistan as a valid order

C) Even with the morale bonus of the first real turn, national morale will be a precious commodity.

And I do expect some "arranged" wars to happen to compensate for the prohibited CL orders.

Guest Spongebob

So what we are really saying this No TA game is a bit of a bust, so many ways to circumvent what is intended that it makes the game moot, rest assured the Sponge WILL enter into the spirit of the game (because no one will TA with me anyway)

On the DW Spongistan, I am sure I can hack the database and change Denmark to Spongistan, let me look into that ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3axy9

There you go, replace your VOEP.mdb with this one (make sure you keep a copy of your original) you can now DW on Spongistan. Now all I need to do is change the rest of the Database and get all players to use it, I am sure I could hack my existence to the end of the game and WIN!!!!!

At least we can say Mr. Sponge is consistent. He starts every game. My money is on Denmark! Perhaps you could hold Greenland. I hear it's beautiful this time of year. Germany can't attack you since his tech does not have sea worthy landing craft. Then you can claim survivorship. (If only Greenland was on the map)

He was actually one of my TA's in 81; I was Great Britain. Of course, back then he acted like a normal human being--well, as normal as any Brit can be--before he took on this ridiculous Sponge persona.