Rolling Thunder Forums

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that people may have a strategy, and that strategy may include being incognito for a period of time depending on geography, etc.

But I'd venture to say that some others are just anti-social ;)

Nah, anti-social is to big a word.

Some people stay anonymous because they fear that they will be attacked as soon as their position is known.

Some other people start with a group of friends and do not see the atvantage to declaring their position

And others do not like the chit-chat on the forum. I must admit, at this moment in time it is little more than chatting with the sponge.

There are even some players that still play by mail.

Anti-social people do not play this kind of games at all.

Guest Spongebob

Well my mission no matter what game it is has been to stir up debate even if it’s just sponge bashing but over the years this has made it hard for me to play with success. I don't moan, it’s my bed and I think it’s comfy enough. But I do wish some others would debate on here, maybe then I would not need to. I have to say also I have mellowed in my old post traumatic stress disordered multiple personality kind of way since the early days.

I fall into the stay quiet for fear of being attacked group.

I hate the lets all start as mates group as it’s usually the same crowd of malcontents

I don't like the none chatters, get chatting, use the forum for all its might, it’s a tool for good as well as evil

Player playing by mail, are they mad, are they stuck in the dark ages, how old are they???? This brings me onto a new question...

How old are the people playing this game, interested to find out who our youngest player is, and I don't mean someone’s 13 year old daughter or son who's been dragged into it as some ritualistic bonding exercise.

And who’s the oldest. I will start the ball rolling, I am a very young 46 (mental age of 7) you only need to comment if your older or younger than the last post - Anyone?

Perhaps Dag. Your stated possibilities are logical, but I think there may be more to it than you surmise.

As to "Anti-social people do not play this kind of games at all." *cough* Perhaps Introvert is a better description? I don't suppose you've had contact with "Tony" who among other games played the original Poland in V93? Add Paranoid Schizophrenic and you'd know who I mean ;)

At any rate, social limitations stand in my opinion as a reason not to "socialize" on the forum. It's not for everyone, and it doesn't mean they can't enjoy the game outside of it. I've been guild leader and officer for many MMO game groups, and it was sometimes frustrating that all members did not participate on the forum. But it was a constant fact.

By the way, I'm in V96. I don't think I truly fall into all the reasons Dag listed, but then again I plan to say what nation I have in a bit. Just not yet....

That doesn't stop me from posting. If I want contact early, I can and have used PM's here and RNA's.

PS, I'm 53

There is a difference between being anti-social (against society) and being a-social (not part of normal society). I do know some strange types myself. In the MMO guild that I am am member of I am the officer that talks to members that make trouble, but are not deemed beyond redemption by the GM. I did DM a lot in a Pen and Paper RPG and those attract a lot of strange people too, But even those are normal compared to the strange people you meet while meddling in local politics.

A lot of players will simply keep from the forum as they are shy, want to avoid to get burned, are waiting for the right moment or don't have the time to follow it.

And I'm 53 too.

I am 53.

It must be our upbringing.

Too young to be a hippy

Driven insane by disco music and later Madonna and Michael Jackson.

Hands up who didn't have long or curly hair.

Too young to be a hippy *check*

Driven insane by disco music and later Madonna and Michael Jackson *check*

Had longish hair prior to joining Army at age 17. From then of course it was regulation (short). By 40, I couldn't grow long hair if I wanted to!