Rolling Thunder Forums

game 97

gecko

Yes, it appears Greece has a lot of hard work ahead. At least I know what I will be doing for the next 30 turns or so.

A respite may be coming as Rumania will be forced to look northward. That NE juggernaut will make short work of Poland, and will be looking for a new target.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm down a few boats, but I expect my armies to come under attack right away. Norway was unable to break our alliance last turn, but he will eventually. Already had a skirmish with Northern Russian troops. The forest provinces will keep the Baltic ground forces at bay, but his air strikes will do damage, unless he focusses on Poland. That was the demise of Finland. Ground forces from Norway, Norhern Russia and Baltic, plus the Central Russian air strikes. Geography just didn't allow me to help much.

And what nation might you be?

Hungary. We are awaiting the Northern juggernaut here. Poland looks to be under assault now, and the Western Giant is wrapping up it's loose ends. I expect to be very busy very soon.

Hmm, then why start a war to the south? You are too late to save Bulgaria, and all it will do at best is bog down and attrit your forces. At worst, I will beat the Bears to your goodies.

Not hindered by much inside intel, it's fun to see the map moving and projecting what the 'big alliances' will be.

So far it looks like the biggest showdown will be between Team Libya and Team Russia on one side and Team France, Team Morocco and Team Rumania on the other side. That leaves a lot of smaller groups to choose sides, where those choices will most likely have a heavy hand in determining which of the 'Big Two' will become dominant. Lots of diplomacy to do!!!

Hey, it is only turn 9.

Why the sudden interest in this game? Getting bored that #92 is finished, #93 is running to an end and you weren't in this one?

Or are you yourself one of those hiding in the north-eastern corner of the map? If so, is Spongebob your teammate?

Not hindered by much inside intel, it's fun to see the map moving and projecting what the 'big alliances' will be.

So far it looks like the biggest showdown will be between Team Libya and Team Russia on one side and Team France, Team Morocco and Team Rumania on the other side. That leaves a lot of smaller groups to choose sides, where those choices will most likely have a heavy hand in determining which of the 'Big Two' will become dominant. Lots of diplomacy to do!!!

Don't sleep on the Middle East!

Glad to know you would so easily abandon one of your allies. We will see what the next few turns bring for the Balkans area.

Never abandoned a TA yet, if they were still playing. The Bulgarian army (not counting a few scrappy static divisions) is now dead, but then after her turn you knew that would happen. If she is still playing, I have no issue with you trying to save her. I am actually impressed and gratified she is still playing, many in her position wouldn't, which I think is the bane of Victory!

As for the next few turns, best strap it on. I am not that easy to kill.

I have literally chased a Russian army halfway around Iraq, perhaps the prize of Baghdad will finally entice them to stop and fight and die like their comrades they drove off and left to die at Dasht...

13 Persian armor destroyed, 9 Russian mech dead and another 9 running for their lives... :python:

I see the Turks are enjoying the fruits of my labor in Russia! Looks like all in for Iraq backfired... :woohoo:

New map:

victory-map-diplomacy-97t10.png

- GB invaded France. Ireland is expected to follow,

- Finland has been swallowed whole, so the unmentionable monster of the east has started nibbling on fresh prey

- A race in Nrothern Africa over who will buckle first: Algeria or Tunisia.

- There is lots of fighting in places like Bulgaria, Iraq and Spain, but none of them show up in the RWE