Rolling Thunder Forums

Returning Player Questions for Draco

richardjohns

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

map as in making a graphical representation of the systems you have mapped so far so you can view them on your computer screen or print?

If so there is kewl program called OmniGraffle which I use to map out the systems I have scanned and display them on my computer screen.

It also allows me to enter in WP coordinates and what type of WP it is from system to system.

As far as cloaking your worlds you will need to develop cloaking devices and then sufficiently high shield technology to build installations

that will cloak the pop group they are built in. Never heard of being able to cloak the entire planet although it might exist.

Thanks For the info General Miles Avtar

What I been told about the cloaking a planet it was called a planetary shield or something like that it wont show ur colony beacon when you a sys probe or a orb

yes the level of cloaking supposedly has added effects with the highest level being able to cloak your POP group from ORBital scans.

one thing is won't cloak is the resource potential of the planet so if the scanning ship doesn't spot your colony beacon it will scan the higher

potentials from your DCS'ers or ICE and investigate further.

Naw the person who was supposed to be my allied took my home world from me and destroy all my fleet in the game Andromeda with a 2 500 000 000 ton ship so I was trying to figured out how big ships can go to counter it

It appears that there are going to be real changes in Draco so old knowledge may not apply. For example, I understand shields have been downgraded, lots. Armor will be the best protection and it does not reset after a battle. So, you might not win the first battle but you may the second or third. Having a WP defense just got important.

At least your battle fleets that go down should not go down without inflicting some damage.

:drunk:

like a nat on a cow

I never had a chance he also wipe out my 500,000,000 ton fleet also with a 550,000,000 he had more fighter and type g plasma torps then I did with more fire control then me also

I think in draco armor and maybe stasis field generator are the way to since shields rating are down on them

Armor WILL be of great importance in Draco as will even the smallest defensive system vs your enemies weapons systems. Don't neglect adding

in a few repair bays or even have a dedicated repair ship with massive armor to help repair the armor of your ships after a battle. You may be able to win more then just few battles with the right support. :) Stasis field generators are a WAY WAY long way off. You could always find a few laying about but don't count on it. Shields can still be effective but you will need many more of them since they have been significantly downgraded.

You will also need them to eventually be able to 'hide' your pop groups from prying eyes as you will need a reasonably high shield tech level along with cloaking device tech to build those planetary distortion generators. ( assuming the path is still the same )

All in All Draco is proving to be a great new gaming experience and there have been new techs and old technology adjustments that have been

quite a surprise.

Got some new questions :)

1. One of my colonies is extremely high. I have placed everything on it I can to fix it. However, I can only make domed cities and weather control stations plus the standard stuff. I have added a marital artists. I gain one pop, 3 becuase it is popular and lose one to attrition. Other than tech items what else can I do?This is the only type of planet that is an issue.

2. I have placed ships over planets to do explore orders and have just started exploring on 16 different planets so far. The success rate this turn was 2 out of 16. I am trying to add leaders and science buildings on each planet. What else can I do?

3. I am dropping all colonization stuff that decreases losses even on ideal worlds is this overkill or will this help me in the future. The first 22 fleets already have convoy routes working on them. Next turn, colony beacons land on the other seven. Can ideal worlds become less than ideal? What would you do in your home system?

4. How much more effective is textiles vs improved in helping colonists?

5. What is the most cost effective weapon system that is hardest to defend against?

6. Will fusion engines be better than nuclear in Draco?

7. Has anyone found out if Deep Core Surveyors exist in Draco yet?

8. What is the best defense when going through a warp point?

9. What is the biggest difference between Draco and Andromeda you have found so far?

10. Is it worth building lots of jump survey sensors is it better to wait to crack the higher warp points or should I waste the production?