Rolling Thunder Forums

Returning Player Questions for Draco

richardjohns

That would be a GREAT mix for Draco. It would allow you to spread like a contagion throughout the Draco Galaxy. You could achieve Class 3 without taking any negative traits and once you get those Thermal Heat sinks and/or Thermal transfer centers there wont be any orbits except maybe those gas giants that wouldn't be ideal for your race.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

And you get a snarky little paragraph that reads like this.....

Scrapyard engineers note that all cargo in a fleet that scraps even one ship out of many is lost--they take care of this with brutal efficiency, destroying, recycling or otherwise creatively acquiring all cargo in the fleet
-- 1200 Fuel destroyed

• 1 month later...

Here's and easy question.....

I have a ship on a Convoy Run and now wish to move it elsewhere midpoint in the convoy cycle.

A. Can I just issue my MOVE, WARP, NM orders and that will automatically cancel the CONV orders it is operating under? Simply put is issiong a MOVE order to my ship a way to move that will never need me to issue the CONV NONE order???

OR

B, Nust I order the CONV NONE order first then my MOVE, WAR, NM orders??

Issuing new movement orders for a fleet won't remove it from a convoy route. Since Convoy routes run at the end of the turn after any orders you have input for the turn, you technically don't need CONV NONE before you move,. but if the fleet is still on the convoy route at the end of the turn, it will try to execute the orders which may still be valid.

For example, if the next orders in the convoy route are

MOVE 999 Alpha 12345

WARP 999

and you put through the manual orders

NM 999 Alpha 7

LC 3333 999 All

Then the convoy route would continue to run okay at the end of the turn since you are still in the Alpha system.

A couple of questions becuase I don't know if my email made it to Pete and Russ about my Convoy Route issues.

1. If I get rid of a convoy route will the fleet automatically be removed?

2. Will this remove my colony route 6?

ECNV <Convoy Route Name>, <Priority #>, <New Priority #>

ENCV 6, Clear ALL, 0

3. Will this remove a fleet number 145

CONV <Fleet #>, <Convoy Route Name>, <Priority>

CONV None, 6, 0

4. Does it matter what priority I use when removing a fleet?

5. Does is matter what priority I use when getting rid of a fleet?

To take a Fleet off of a Convoy Route, issue a CONV order with the key word “NONE” as the name of the Convoy Route.

this is out of the Convoy Route Supplement

Getting rid of a CR doesn't do anything to the fleet. The fleet will still remain just without the CR. You don't have to remove a CR before assigning a new one.

The ECNV order is to remove an order form within a CR or to move the order to a new location within the CR. The priority is all about where the order falls in the route.

Unless you change things later a CR starts at priority 10 and is incremented by 10 for each order. The ECNV order is used when you want to move the order at priority 50 up to 22.

ECNV, convoy route name, Priority (50) New Priority (22)

This assumes you already have a priority 20 order.

If you just want to get rid of an order you set the new priority to 0(zero) and it will be deleted.

For short CR's I find it easier to just make a new one to correct any problems or changes. Eventually you might get a really long CR and then you will likely need a fair amount of editing. My longest CR in Andromeda is just under 100 orders, so priority 1000.

I also have a standby CR called SKIM that is just that, so I never just turn off a CR for a fleet I just change it to the SKIM CR.

:cheers:

Pete was nice enough to respond to me about this and I thought I would share it.

Richard,

You have it right for deleting an entire convoy route –

ECNV, <convoy route name>, CLEAR ALL, 0

clears every entry in the convoy route.

To remove a fleet from whatever convoy route it is currently assigned to, use this:

CONV, <fleet number>, NONE, 0

The last entry (the priority number) is actually totally unimportant, but you should enter something there just to make the entry program happy. Once the code on this end (actually processing the CONV order) sees the NONE entry as the second variable, it removes the fleet from its current convoy route and then exits the CONV procedure (without caring about the priority number the fleet is on, or whatever priority number you put into the CONV order with the NONE option).

If you want to have the fleet taken off of its current convoy route but assigned to a new one, use

CONV, <fleet number>,<new convoy route name>, <whatever priority number you want the fleet assigned to on the new route, which is almost always a zero>

Pete