Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a new DMX related event of minor interest.

I am about to witness what will happen when two different DMX Collectives collide!

I was moving to a DMX controlled system with the intent to explore a new area beyond it that did not appear to be controlled by the DMX.  The system had the usual beacon:

<< System Beacon >> THIS SYSTEM IS INTERDICTED BY DMX SECTOR 0246 WARSHIPS -- FURTHER INCURSIONS WILL RESULT IN THE
EXTERMINATION OF YOUR SPECIES

No big suprise and I have been destroying DMX Sector 246 ships pretty heavily but......  

My scout was promptly destroyed by what appears to be a new arrival in the system:

X0866-3 [ROE: Z] *EXBIO* (Fleet Tonnage: 60,000)
[Deploy Location 1] 1 ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons [each])
<11,400 Fuel>

I had detected 866 warships some 5 systems away by an entirely different route but now they appear here!

Will 866 back off and leave this space to 246?  Will 246 continue to claim it and tell 866 to take a hike?   Stand by for more details when I send another scout in this direction latter in 2018. 

Assuming that I have grievously wounded 246 then shouldn't the presumably stronger 866 expand into this space to try and harm me?

Will we ever get a galactic rumor report on which DMX Command is Unit Prime?   It would be nice to know if I am up against a very strong DMX command or a weaker one.

• 5 months later...

I finally ran across my first DMX encounter. I lost 4 civilian planetary explorers to a single minelayer. They were headed to the last system at 4 jumps that I hadn't explored yet. It was at the warp point leading to that system. I had not encountered any system beacons at all. Time for a recon in force into that system to see how badly screwed I am.

• 3 weeks later...

What a way to find my first DMX,  2 Unarmed Fleet scouts.  Guess it's time to redeploy some Light Cruiser that way.

Alien Fleet Sighting : Jabez Warp Point # 52740 [in-system move by empire # 7267]

[Stellar cartography reports that Warp Point # 52740 has not yet been surveyed by your scouts]

DMX Death Machines # 9999  'Metallic Sphere Orbiting Dead World'

[Zulu] X0062-3 

1      ML EX4M (Minelayer - 60,000 tons) 

Lost a senior Explorer and Scientist to boot 

• 1 month later...

DMX news has been sparse for months now.  I assume that everyone is building their strength for the struggle that lies ahead .

While we wait for news such as who will be bagging the first DMX Heavy Cruiser I have one wish to propose to the powers that be in the Galaxy. 

My wish is that it would be nice to get some rumors on who and what strength the DMX are achieving in their race to be Unit Prime.  I would like to know if my neighboring DMX are Unit Prime or if I can breathe easier if they are not. 

22 hours ago, The Fremen said:

I’m sure many DMX Heavy Cruisers have already been separated into their component atoms by now ?

This forum is not noted for the modesty of its participants.  If a DMX cruiser had died, I am sure someone would want to brag about it!

I have set a trap for one but no DMX fish have not at my bait.