Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco Alert!

Glamdring

I've only run into one Heavy Cruiser and it was so far from my HW that it hasn't been worth my time sending warships after it. But I have more than enough fleet to treat one as a speed bump. The next big milestone will be the CORE fleets. I wonder what events will be triggered by taking out one of those?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Some questions regarding the DMX if fellow Draco players are willing to share info.

1) I'm aware of the Minelayers, Light Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Battleships, Monitors, and Orbital Mining Platforms. Has anyone encountered any other DMX ship type?

2) Has the DMX you're messing with changed up it's designs in response to seeing a particular weapon system repeatedly? Are they adapting to what they are encountering from the Players?

3) Are they expanding their system beacon network and, presumably, their combat patrols since you first encountered a DMX Sector?

I just encountered my first system with DMX system beacons and it was for Sector 0317. Anyone else run across this Sector?

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:35 AM, Sakarissa said:

Some questions regarding the DMX if fellow Draco players are willing to share info.

1) I'm aware of the Minelayers, Light Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Battleships, Monitors, and Orbital Mining Platforms. Has anyone encountered any other DMX ship type?

2) Has the DMX you're messing with changed up it's designs in response to seeing a particular weapon system repeatedly? Are they adapting to what they are encountering from the Players?

3) Are they expanding their system beacon network and, presumably, their combat patrols since you first encountered a DMX Sector?

I just encountered my first system with DMX system beacons and it was for Sector 0317. Anyone else run across this Sector?

1) That's all I've seen.

2) I haven't seen any adaption on their part.

3) I haven't seen any reaction at all.

Haven't seen 317.

• 1 month later...

I warped into a system I suspected where a DMX minelayer came from  this turn with my kitchen sink design.  I'm pretty sure I'm right since it encountered 3 fleets of 3 light cruisers for a total of 9 light cruisers. I lost my ship and did some minor damage to two of the CLs. I'm not sure if the large number of CLs are part of the increased activity that Pete hinted at but that system definitely belongs to the DMX......for now.

Has anyone else seen a concentration of DMX ships like this? Anything else weird about the DMX since Pete dropped his hint?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The DMX are not a problem beyond the 12 month mark.  At which point anybody could either avoid them or destroy them.  Now, if they all of sudden start to move around much more than they have been or the ships get bigger or more numerous then they could still be interesting.  

One can only hope....

:cheers:

I just encountered my largest DMX fleet to date.  They appear to be moving about with enhanced forces.  I was surprised but prepared (completly by luck and not skill) for this force:

B4M class BB................................1 Destroyed

EX4M class ML.............................1 Destroyed

HK7B class CA..............................3 Destroyed

Perhaps the DMX light cruiser is now a thing of the past.

Lord Deependra.....can you expound on your rumour on the destruction of a DMX core fleet?  Who? How?  Losses?