Rolling Thunder Forums

New Avatars!

RTGRuss

Hello all,

Just got through uploading a batch of new Avatars - mostly alien/creature ones (series ae and ct). Hopefully you'll find something in this group that suits your fancy :)

I'll be adding some more as I can. If you have a specific idea of what you are looking for - let me know and I'll see if I can find something along those lines.

Also note that you can provide your own custom Avatars as well.

Enjoy!

Azuth,

Click on your own name

look to the top left, just above the line saying "Active Stats" for Avatar Options.

Click on that and you can use a pre-installed avatar or upload one of your own.

I could only upload GIF files.

and you should be set...

:)

-Lotix1417

Where does one find the list of Avatars and how do you use them/put them in place?  B)

Another pathing option...

1) Log in and click on the My Controls link on the page header

2) Under Personal Profile...click on the Edit Avatar Settings option

That will take you to the same place where you can select a pre-installed Avatar or go with one of your own (upload or provide a link to the image). :)

:thumbsup: Very impressive guys. You really deserve a :cheers: . I do have a question for you, Russ. I selected an avatar trying to get into the spirit of the new board and while I think many of the ones you put up are very nice, I didn't see any one that said to me, "Yes, I'm the one you're looking for." :wub:

Can you tell me where I might find some more of these? And how to get them from "where ever" to here so I could use it? Any restrictions like copyright stuff that we need to worry about, or, since we aren't using them for profit, does that not matter? Anything else I might be overlooking?

Again, it looks great....I might even be able to figure out how to use this one correctly.....unlike the ezboard. :lol: Oh, before I forget....do you plan on adding the other emoticons that the other board had, like the "rolling"?

Can you tell me where I might find some more of these?  And how to get them from "where ever" to here so I could use it?  Any restrictions like copyright stuff that we need to worry about, or, since we aren't using them for profit, does that not matter?  Anything else I might be overlooking?

Again, it looks great....I might even be able to figure out how to use this one correctly.....unlike the ezboard.  :lol:  Oh, before I forget....do you plan on adding the other emoticons that the other board had, like the "rolling"?

The main resource site I'm using is

IBPlanet

Go to that site and click on the Graphics tab - you'll see an area for Avatars and one for Emoticons as well. Anything you find there can be used on this board so if you see something you like - just let me know and I can make it available here :cheers:

Russ, I went to the site and the "Starport 33 11-Pack" looks like it might have some cool things that might be interesting. The "CyberiaPC.com" stuff is 90 x 90 so I don't know if you can reduce it to the 60 x 60 required. I'm not as sure about the "Ps2 & Gaming." Finally, I saw the "Avatars Pack" that looks like what you have already selected some things from and it has a lot more available. :cheers:

So, stupid questions time....Either this is the source for the new board or it isn't....and if it is, do I need to register with them or does the registration here take care of both since they "tie in together"? The reason I ask is when I tried to download the Avatars Pack so as to be able to browse through all of the offerings....it told me I had to log in....and if I'm already registered, I don't want to do it again and maybe screw something up with one or the other site, or both. Any suggestions? I guess I could just register with another name and that should take care of it, right? Like I said, stupid questions. :wub::thumbsup:

:wub: I really like this board!  O.K., I'll go and check it out now...the perfect one is out there somewhere.  :lol:  Please, get the "lol" guy to actually laugh though.... :cheers: he looks so strange with his mouth just hanging open like that....maybe like he's  :drunk: I am having so much fun with this...  :drunk:

Here you go... :lol: - I replaced the old one with the animated one :thumbsup:

So, stupid questions time....Either this is the source for the new board or it isn't....and if it is, do I need to register with them or does the registration here take care of both since they "tie in together"?  The reason I ask is when I tried to download the Avatars Pack so as to be able to browse through all of the offerings....it told me I had to log in....and if I'm already registered, I don't want to do it again and maybe screw something up with one or the other site, or both.  Any suggestions?  I guess I could just register with another name and that should take care of it, right?  Like I said, stupid questions. :cheers::thumbsup:

The IBPlanet site is a separate site/board so you can register there with no trouble. The site is primarily for board administrators (material usage restricted accordingly) but you can download and look over the available Avatars/Emoticons then let me know which ones you'd like to have available and I can then install them on our board here. :wub:

Temuchin Khan,

If you are interested in drawing your own, Macromedia has (or had) free downloads and 90-trials of Freehand available. While I would not recommend buying Freehand (it is full of bugs), it does work great for drawing, mostly for sketching... and it beats most (non-professional) drawing programs hands-down. There is a bit of a learning curve though since you have to code in every color you use, set up layers, and styles...

I'm sure there are other free downloadable drawing programs available too...

-Lotix1417

Lotix1417, thanks for the info but I have no skills for artwork (love playing miniatures, for example, hated painting them :lol: ) at all, so I will have to go with something someone else has generated. Lucky for me, the site Russ directed me to had a bunch of viable alternatives.

In fact, for all the knights, elves (especially Drow), and role-players out there, you should find some useful stuff there....if you're willing to wait on the 20+ minute download time. It will extremely useful when the Fantasy game is finished and many of them are still useful now.

Russ, after looking everything over (as much as I was willing to anyway :lol: ), I choose to go with something that reflects the...slightly darker....outlook I have expressed on the prospects for peace in the universe in our time.....Therefore, if you would load the "215.jpg" avatar so I could use it, I would be your bestest friend forever. :cheers: I might even spring for a :wub: the next time I see you..... :drunk: you and Pete don't go to conventions anymore do you....(Ha! I may have saved 2 bucks.... :drunk: )

Thanks again for the help, Russ. :thumbsup:

Almost forgot, for anyone that does go to the trouble to download the "big" avatar package....it is somewhat "jumbled" in how it's organized....some of the better things aren't necessarily where you would think they should be. It will take a while to look through them and see what is available and/or what you would like. It's just up to you to see if it's worth it.

Edited by Temuchin Khan

Russ, after looking everything over (as much as I was willing to anyway  :lol: ), I choose to go with something that reflects the...slightly darker....outlook I have expressed on the prospects for peace in the universe in our time.....Therefore, if you would load the "215.jpg" avatar so I could use it, I would be your bestest friend forever.  :cheers:  I might even spring for a  :wub:  the next time I see you..... :oops:  you and Pete don't go to conventions anymore do you....(Ha! I may have saved 2 bucks....  :drunk:  )

Thanks again for the help, Russ.  :drunk:

I've got that one uploaded (along with a few others from that series as well).

Be careful what you promise - I may just take you up on that beer one day :thumbsup:

Have fun! :taz: