Rolling Thunder Forums

Draco: Real or Fake News? Discuss...

Sandarbian

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imperial Port Authority Complex Improves possibility of civilian immigration; only 1 needed per population group

What does this mean? "Improves possibility of civilian immigration" implies to me that populations immigrate from heavyly populated worlds to colonies. But I don't remember that happening ever, though my colony experience was meager in the past. No mention of such a thing in the rules. So I have to assume (be it ever so dreaded) that it must modify something but what? 

That installation is supposed to increase the chance of civilian immigration to the colony it is built on. And no it’s not from other colonies. Civilian immigration is basically free population that you can atttact to your colonies with the proper installations. It’s supposed to be random but my experience has shown that’s far from the case. My advice to you is if you find one that does get immigration consistently then load up on those installations on those only. It would be wasted on colonies that get zero immigration ever. I have those too 

Left field question:

On my first turn there is the lifeform modifiers chart.

SCM - Space Combat Modifier?

RM - Research Modifier?

GCM - Ground Combat Modifier?

EXM - ??

ESM - ??

DIP - Diplomacy?

DEF - Defense Modifier?

COL - Colonization?

CCM - Close Combat Modifier?

Are my guesses correct and what are the ones I don't know?

Imperium Navium Aetheris