Rolling Thunder Forums

Game 104

DezertCamel

Ok so I need to post this, we just saw that Denmark has declared war on Czechoslovakia!  Denmark is run by James Obrien, and his girl friend's name is Gretchen who plays Poland.  At the start of the game James and Gretchen agreed to turn 20 NAP.  See below for details.  Its one thing to allow their TA (Baltic) to attack Czech via Poland but now James has gone and completely violated the agreement he made just a few months ago.  Be warned about working with this dirt bag.

Re: 104
Yahoo/Inbox

• photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=YMailNorrin&badge=false&appId=YMailNorrin

James OBrien <valhalla88@hotmail.com>
To:Ted
Cc:Gretchen

Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Hi Ted. The agreement sounds great to us. I have had contact with Lowlands. He has an alliance with Germany. He offered me an alliance.

No contact with Germany. You are going to have your hands full with Bulgaria Yugo and Central Russia group. 

If you are working with Hungary and Rumania that is good news. That gives Gretchen only one border to worry about - Germany. I of course have the same border.

We agree that there is plenty of room  for all of us to expand without conflict. 

Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:39 PM
To: James OBrien <valhalla88@hotmail.com>
Cc: Gretchen Ebersole <gretchen_ebersole@outlook.com>
Subject: Re: 104

James good to hear from you, how about we start off with a turn - 20 NAP?  So no hostile actions, BPAs, EMs, etc until turn 21 or later?  I hope we don't even come to blows there is plenty of area for all of us!  I got into the game with my friend who is playing Austria.  We are also looking to work with Hungary and probably Rumania.  How about you guys?  Any idea about Germany or Lowlands?

ted

On Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 5:12:48 AM EST, James OBrien <valhalla88@hotmail.com> wrote:

Good day Ted. Gretchen forwarded me this email. She said I was a better diplomat. 
We are definitely interested in a longer term peace treaty. Let us know what you are thinking of. 
Looks like you will be busy on your southern border.
Out of curiosity who are you working with?

Cheers
James
Denmark 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to agree that is pretty messed up. The field of players playing victory has shrunk over the years to where literally your lucky to have two games start every 14 months. People that enter into agreements such as this and back stab their opponents will find it very hard to find people to work with them in the future as there isn’t as much of a variety of players.

if you want an NAP with a country that you can break whenever you want you just offer it on your turn without contacting them. When you give someone your word and break it you are committing victory suicide in my opinion.

It is a self defeating conduct. 
Even if you profit in a game, it will hurt you in the long run. As there is always a next game. 
And people tend to remember

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It seems Czech is not telling the entire story. I will not condemn or condone what happened, but when you agree to drive you forces East, then race across the map and box in the two people you had an agreement with, there is little choice. Let's agree to share the road to our properties, then you build a fence with locked gate there. Anyone else would have done the same.  The territories Denmark took were to secure passage south. 

No worries. Call it what you want. Everyone will have their own opinions. I personally will not waste any more time on it. 

The sad part is Victory has lost two more players. We will not be joining any more games. It was fun coming back to the game for a bit while it lasted. Lost a few, survived a couple.

Good luck everyone

14 hours ago, jimmyo said:

It seems Czech is not telling the entire story. I will not condemn or condone what happened, but when you agree to drive you forces East, then race across the map and box in the two people you had an agreement with, there is little choice. Let's agree to share the road to our properties, then you build a fence with locked gate there. Anyone else would have done the same.  The territories Denmark took were to secure passage south. 

No worries. Call it what you want. Everyone will have their own opinions. I personally will not waste any more time on it. 

The sad part is Victory has lost two more players. We will not be joining any more games. It was fun coming back to the game for a bit while it lasted. Lost a few, survived a couple.

Good luck everyone

It was our understanding you were giving most of Germany to Poland to take, while you were marching south for Alsfeld and Lowlands (both of which you did attack).  It is not Czech's fault that he took areas that surrounded his home nation.  It certainly did not stop you from taking most of Germany.  At no time did you even contact us to voice concerns, we could have worked out any misgivings you had, but no you had your TA declare war on Czech with a backdoor attack while his armies were in Rumania helping his TA down there.  Sorry to see you are leaving the game, I do hope you come back at some point.

Well, this is the map from last turn:

victory-map-diplomacy-104t15.png.

You could have known there was some kind of understanding with the Italians, as the dalmatic cost has been colored light green voor ages now. 
You should have known that someone was coming. I tried to BPA Poland many turns ago. 

You are already at war with some of your neighbours and "because he is in the way" you parked 18 divisions on Bratislava, in easy reach of Vienna, which was empty at that moment. 
This forced Austria and Hungary to double back, and only now Hungarian and Austrian troops are in a position to do something against the situation. 
 .... Which you should have seen coming from miles away. 
What did you expect? That we would just continue our slow and destructive war over Rumania, who by the way dropped half a year ago?

In the meantime you took over half of Czechoslovakia.  Not a thing someone that someone that only "wanted to pass through" would do. 

And now you are ragequitting. 

Hows xBerlin, btw? 

On 6/1/2020 at 8:31 PM, jimmyo said:

Good luck everyone

Except he didn’t block you as the Swiss cut him off from going further west than Erfurt. You had plenty of room in Germany to continue south into Swiss held territory whom you had no agreements with. You also could’ve gone into Lowlands who you were already at war with. 
your argument has no merit....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...