Rolling Thunder Forums

Saint Michael

On 10/28/2020 at 10:23 PM, richardjohns said:

Greetings Persia,

I once played against some prisoners who harassed me in real life. However, you are one of the dirtiest nastiest backstabbers, I have ever encountered. I think some of your TAs and allies are following the same path. 

I'm curious as to how I am a back stabber. I came to an agreement with 3 nations not to attack. I offered TAs to all. Agreed on alliance and then you attack my TAs. Have I broken my agreement...no. Have I been dishonest once...no. I'm kicking back watching the show and some how you think I'm dishonest. Can't wait to hear this explanation. 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG...is this for real? You did that but you did say that and that is not what you did say before and now I am dissapointed that you did say that and doing that what you did say before...and my mummie said that me that I must suck in my thumb otherwise my tooth will grow forward and...and...and...it is if I hear Trump wining. 

This is a wargame guys. Play like it, be tough and Kick ones ass...but on the Battlefield also and not only on the forum. 

Greetings Rednas. 

Hey, the forum is called "propaganda ministry" for a reason.
and nothing gets men more angry than the feeling that trust has been betrayed. 
Whether that trust was based on facts or not. 

Let's concentrate on the work at hand. 
At the moment us Tunisians are bound up in the Atlas mountains, 
I do like some Haggis, though.  And I know were I can find some some, 
still walking around in kit form. 

6 hours ago, Rednas said:

OMG...is this for real? You did that but you did say that and that is not what you did say before and now I am dissapointed that you did say that and doing that what you did say before...and my mummie said that me that I must suck in my thumb otherwise my tooth will grow forward and...and...and...it is if I hear Trump wining. 

This is a wargame guys. Play like it, be tough and Kick ones ass...but on the Battlefield also and not only on the forum. 

Greetings Rednas. 

Couldn't agree more! Haven't even been checking the forums and decided to take a peak and see all this whining coming from the desert. Seems like a bit of heat stroke confusion. 

14 hours ago, SupremeSultan said:

I'm curious as to how I am a back stabber. I came to an agreement with 3 nations not to attack. I offered TAs to all. Agreed on alliance and then you attack my TAs. Have I broken my agreement...no. Have I been dishonest once...no. I'm kicking back watching the show and some how you think I'm dishonest. Can't wait to hear this explanation. 

Hmmm you must be two different people in one body and neither knows what the other is up too. 

first off let’s talk alliances 

it is true that you entered into alliances with 3 of your neighbors. The question I ask is what was the understanding in entering into said alliances ?  Was this even discussed? I know the answer as we were copied into those emails. 

it is also true that YOU stated you would honor the alliances. But is it honoring an alliance when YOU cede territory to a TA to enable him to attack one of the allies you allied with?? Maybe it is maybe it isn’t. BUT

the main difference here is THAT was the original intent. YOU entering into alliance with your 3 neighbors was just a deception ploy to give you time to build up then come crashing across the border. THAT is the issue. Just means your a player with very poor standards imho and will make working with you very very difficult in future games of Victory. Damn shame given our relatively small player base 

I could be wrong but I don’t think so given what has transpired. 

11 minutes ago, The Fremen said:

Hmmm you must be two different people in one body and neither knows what the other is up too. 

first off let’s talk alliances 

it is true that you entered into alliances with 3 of your neighbors. The question I ask is what was the understanding in entering into said alliances ?  Was this even discussed? I know the answer as we were copied into those emails. 

it is also true that YOU stated you would honor the alliances. But is it honoring an alliance when YOU cede territory to a TA to enable him to attack one of the allies you allied with?? Maybe it is maybe it isn’t. BUT

the main difference here is THAT was the original intent. YOU entering into alliance with your 3 neighbors was just a deception ploy to give you time to build up then come crashing across the border. THAT is the issue. Just means your a player with very poor standards imho and will make working with you very very difficult in future games of Victory. Damn shame given our relatively small player base 

I could be wrong but I don’t think so given what has transpired. 

Original intent was I don't attack Iraq, Saudi, and UAE and the 3 of you don't attack me. Only commitment on either side. I was asked if I intended to attack Turkey to let you guys know so we could coordinate. Turkey switched players before turn#1 and I was committed to not attacking either of you. However, since I am in a corner, I needed territory to get out. I even told you guys I was having territory ceded to get out. Yes, I have been building up. Not to break any promises I have made but to effectively operate outside of my borders. I had full plans on attacking Turkey until the players switched and I realized I could just sit back and move into Europe's underbelly. I have been completely above board and still am sticking to my commitment on leaving the 3 of you alone. You notice of course I am TA'd with Turkey and not all of his allies since I have no role in the war between Iraq and Turkey at all. I have had random territory ceded to me and while it may irk your fragile state, still adheres to our pact. You want to dance with me then go back on your commitments and prove to all your extreme paranoia. Otherwise, try to be men of your word and show you can stick to a commitment. 

Aye caramba dude!! Explain to me how these actions give you a way out???

Turkey ceded Semdimli to SR. This was detected on TP2. 
Persia cedes Khvoy to SR this was detected later. 

now why would Turkey cede Semdimli to SR???  
and why would Persia cede Khvoy to SR??????

does everyone see why Iraq declared war on SR? Or is it just me?  

But in the end we 🐑 don’t get mad we get even 😈. It’s just too bad I have to put you on my list of players where no agreements are possible in future games. It’s a very short list ( only 1 player atm). 

I am sorry but I am to lazy to read these complete novels trying to explain....eh what exactly again?

To me an ALL is an extented NAP only an TA is almost a forever binding bond...with the old rules not even possible to break...but now even possible to break. 

So...about what do we talk about here...

Settle this in the war game way... BPA and DW...

Happy Gaming 

Rednas The Ultimate Ruler of Bornholm 

11 minutes ago, Rednas said:

I am sorry but I am to lazy to read these complete novels trying to explain....eh what exactly again?

To me an ALL is an extented NAP only an TA is almost a forever binding bond...with the old rules not even possible to break...but now even possible to break. 

So...about what do we talk about here...

Settle this in the war game way... BPA and DW...

Happy Gaming 

Rednas The Ultimate Ruler of Bornholm 

Agreed. Like I said we 🐑 don’t get mad ....... you know the rest😈

8 hours ago, The Fremen said:

Aye caramba dude!! Explain to me how these actions give you a way out???

Turkey ceded Semdimli to SR. This was detected on TP2. 
Persia cedes Khvoy to SR this was detected later. 

now why would Turkey cede Semdimli to SR???  
and why would Persia cede Khvoy to SR??????

does everyone see why Iraq declared war on SR? Or is it just me?  

But in the end we 🐑 don’t get mad we get even 😈. It’s just too bad I have to put you on my list of players where no agreements are possible in future games. It’s a very short list ( only 1 player atm). 

You truly do have your head in some haggis lol. Open your eyes in the fact those are paths to Syria and TJ. No one ever planned on going after Iraq until Iraq declared war. I was holding them off from Iraq specifically because of our agreement. Now you declared war on S. Russia and have him to deal with. Not because of anything I did. Reap what you sew. Again, you want to be the one to go back on an agreement then put me on your "blacklist" because I sure wouldn't partner with deal breakers a second time. 

I'll weigh in. Victory! is both a wargame and a diplomacy game. Not being privy to the discussions between the two parties, I can't say what the actual truth is here. What I will say, is virtually everybody in this game has both been a TA of mine and an enemy of mine at some point. Some people believe a good backstab is a winning strategy. Some believe that they must keep a deal even if it costs them the game. Both are viable options in a game of this sort, and ultimately it's up to the individual to make the deals he thinks will work out for him. 

4 hours ago, Marklen X said:

I'll weigh in. Victory! is both a wargame and a diplomacy game. Not being privy to the discussions between the two parties, I can't say what the actual truth is here. What I will say, is virtually everybody in this game has both been a TA of mine and an enemy of mine at some point. Some people believe a good backstab is a winning strategy. Some believe that they must keep a deal even if it costs them the game. Both are viable options in a game of this sort, and ultimately it's up to the individual to make the deals he thinks will work out for him. 

That sFair MarklenX 

In this case Persia actually believed that cedeing territory to his TA to open a path for one of his TA’s to attack the TA’s of his ally was going to be just fine by the allies he just penned a deal with. Mmmmhmmm 

sounds like someone is smokin some good grass. He needs to tell us where he got it cause we 🐑 need some of that stuff 🤣

so I think this would be considered a quasi backstab as he is stabbing a TA of an ally of his in the back. My problem is that this was their plan as soon as his neighbors offered an alliance.  Hey I have an idea!! Maybe my TA should cede territory on Persia’s border and see how he feels about that?  Hmmm yeah I think that’s a great idea!! Bahahaha😈