Rolling Thunder Forums

Saint Michael

On 5/21/2021 at 2:21 AM, Marklen X said:

Austria obviously backed the wrong horse.

It is over when it is over...but sometimes it is over....and you did not notice it...

Greetings 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rednas said:

It is over when it is over...but sometimes it is over....and you did not notice it...

Greetings 

So true

12 hours ago, Rednas said:

Greetings 

Cryptic. Are you saying it's over for Germany, but I don't know it yet, or it's over for Austria, and he didn't realize it just a few turns ago. Or perhaps you're referencing Italy? I figured it would be a tough sled to take you out, but then I wasn't expecting the Africans to show up in Italy this early. 

On 5/22/2021 at 8:55 PM, Marklen X said:

Cryptic. Are you saying it's over for Germany, but I don't know it yet, or it's over for Austria, and he didn't realize it just a few turns ago. Or perhaps you're referencing Italy? I figured it would be a tough sled to take you out, but then I wasn't expecting the Africans to show up in Italy this early. 

I never alleged that I was talking about Germany. It could be a self reflection of my own position. 

What is the old saying again? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now it will be shown who is who. 

But I guess I will not be around anymore to witness that. 

Greetings Rednas.

victory-map-diplomacy-105t20.png.56170df5ed6e2d235cf24df9006191c9.png

And another map (from a turn ago)

- Africa explores Italy, wanting to discover more of this beautiful, fertile country. 
- Lots of changes in Scandinavia and still not clear who is winning over there. 
 - No developments in the Danish American war. They must have been fighting over Greenland

6 hours ago, dageraad said:

That is quite a different tune from you. 
Painting us as a menace, while a month ago you were edging us on to do something. 

Okay I give a clear statement: stop doing something and anything 😁

On 5/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, dageraad said:

victory-map-diplomacy-10519.png.d5089d27750cbd6d4446427efae75748.png
The results from turn 19

Africa attacked Spain and Italy, with surprising results. 
Rumania forced back Poland and now has part of his LGT back
And Southern Russia took xKirkuk. 

[Propaganda]
After some consideration Algeria and Tunisia mounted a pre-emptive invasion, to prevent a sudden attack from the north or west. 
And to stop Germany nagging about when we finally are gong to do something. 
So his efforts can be directed to the islands and the New World. 
[/Propaganda] 

Next turn: 
- Someone from the other side of the ocean does something
- The Sheep is still alive !
- More cold Lasagna!

So I predict an African invasion of Italy or Spain, which happens a couple of turns later, and I'm nagging? Herr Goebbels, your working to hard. 

On 5/16/2021 at 10:05 AM, dageraad said:

5 hours ago, dageraad said:

Now, oh prophet, we get to the real interesting bit. 
what happens next? 

My guess is, the African powers meet up with Germany/France somewhere in Italy. The question is, are the Africans friendly?

8 hours ago, Marklen X said:

My guess is, the African powers meet up with Germany/France somewhere in Italy. The question is, are the Africans friendly?

I can definitely confirm...both sides are not friendly...at least to me on the battlefield. But I will unlock and load all my pasta guns and do everything not to win this battle against 6 opponents. 6 are needed to get me out of the game...6.

Greetings and keep safe.

7 hours ago, Rednas said:

I can definitely confirm...both sides are not friendly...at least to me on the battlefield. But I will unlock and load all my pasta guns and do everything not to win this battle against 6 opponents. 6 are needed to get me out of the game...6.

Greetings and keep safe.

Hehe, Rednas, it's hard when you get ganged up on, and though you are attacked by 6, I disagree that it requires that many. Germany will be happy to do the task alone, send those other interlopers home!

21 hours ago, Marklen X said:

Hehe, Rednas, it's hard when you get ganged up on, and though you are attacked by 6, I disagree that it requires that many. Germany will be happy to do the task alone, send those other interlopers home!

The fact is Germany does not do it on its own...snif. 😥.

And if those interlopers are send home what will happen then? I can play on? What will happen with me and my allies?

To my opinion and game playing players made agreements and alliances in the game. I personally do respect these made agreements as long as possible...even to the bitter end. For me that is the game about, mutual agreements. An exception is for instance if alliances are not longer valid if an ally is gone than a switch of sides could be an option. But...as I wrote before my pasta guns are loaded.

It is an interesting game, but unfortunately it did not go as hoped for. In the beginning our Alliance did break up. And 2 countries were quickly and easily without much opposition integrated in the French and German territory. That was the cornerstone of at least my current situation. You win some, you loose some. 

But watch in the near future the game 93 statistics.

Thanx for the game. 

Greetings Rednas