Jump to content
Rolling Thunder Forums

Recommended Posts

On 3/22/2021 at 10:33 PM, Predator said:

Why is Germany constantly throwing shade on Africa? We are embroiled in the Middle East as well as with Greece’s group now! Perhaps the Germans are feeling nervous as Spain, Italy, and Portugal approach your borders!

I while ago you suggested that your interests lie in the Balkan ?  However, as far as my information goes your war with Spain and Portugal is an entirely phony one and they sold out Italy to you folks and now you work together with them to expand in Europe.  Nothing wrong with that of course.

If this is all not true then maybe we could draw a border below Ravenna and Florence and your group can fight the Balkan nations with Germany c.s. in the the East and Spain/Portugal with me in the West ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

I while ago you suggested that your interests lie in the Balkan ?  However, as far as my information goes your war with Spain and Portugal is an entirely phony one and they sold out Italy to you folks and now you work together with them to expand in Europe.  Nothing wrong with that of course.

If this is all not true then maybe we could draw a border below Ravenna and Florence and your group can fight the Balkan nations with Germany c.s. in the the East and Spain/Portugal with me in the West ?

Sounds like an excellent plan

Link to post
Share on other sites

New Map:

victory-map-diplomacy-10527.png.858f7415f89d80f073df23668fa56211.png

Germany takes xZagreb, and Czechoslovakia takes xNasaud, breaking the apparent stalemate  on the Balkan front. 
Spain takes xMarseilles, pulling one back for the Iberian team. 

 

 


 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2021 at 2:04 AM, Sun Tzu said:

I while ago you suggested that your interests lie in the Balkan ?  However, as far as my information goes your war with Spain and Portugal is an entirely phony one and they sold out Italy to you folks and now you work together with them to expand in Europe.  Nothing wrong with that of course.

If this is all not true then maybe we could draw a border below Ravenna and Florence and your group can fight the Balkan nations with Germany c.s. in the the East and Spain/Portugal with me in the West ?

So when I landed in Europe my understanding is a replacement player had just been assigned Portugal and Spain was the original player. Shortly after landing in italy the spanish player dropped.

Truly nobody sold out Italy. I landed in southern italy with over 20 divisions. Tunisian landed the turn after with another force. Italy  didnt have a single division in his country.

with that scenario what could anyone have done to help Italy. Furthermore on the following turns Italy made no attempt to defend himself in any way

instead of accusing other countries of duplicity how about holding Italy responsible for his poor game play and lack of defense. Germany warned him many times Africa was coming 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 2:13 AM, Predator said:

So when I landed in Europe my understanding is a replacement player had just been assigned Portugal and Spain was the original player. Shortly after landing in italy the spanish player dropped.

Truly nobody sold out Italy. I landed in southern italy with over 20 divisions. Tunisian landed the turn after with another force. Italy  didnt have a single division in his country.

with that scenario what could anyone have done to help Italy. Furthermore on the following turns Italy made no attempt to defend himself in any way

instead of accusing other countries of duplicity how about holding Italy responsible for his poor game play and lack of defense. Germany warned him many times Africa was coming 

 

Dear Predator,

Accusing me of playing a poor game. That remark can only come from you, the supreme player, mr. know it all....but only afterwards.

But at that time I was under attack from 6 countries. And what my master (ehm) would you have done if 3 countries at the same time make landings in the south and you are battling in the north against 3. So mr. know it all, therefore I could not defend the south.

And yes the constellation was not a favarit one. But that is the game. And in this way, supreme players like you (?) can dominate the game...yeahhhhhh....or at least try it.

Happy gaming.

Greetings Rednas

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2021 at 6:13 AM, Predator said:

So when I landed in Europe my understanding is a replacement player had just been assigned Portugal and Spain was the original player. Shortly after landing in italy the spanish player dropped.

Truly nobody sold out Italy. I landed in southern italy with over 20 divisions. Tunisian landed the turn after with another force. Italy  didnt have a single division in his country.

with that scenario what could anyone have done to help Italy. Furthermore on the following turns Italy made no attempt to defend himself in any way

instead of accusing other countries of duplicity how about holding Italy responsible for his poor game play and lack of defense. Germany warned him many times Africa was coming 

 

Well, this turn has provided conclusive evidence that Spain and Portugal are soldiering for the dark side and that your war with them is an entirely artificial one.

Of course I can not prove that Italian turn results have changed hands but given the above and the speed with which Italy has been jumped and conquered makes this a not unrealistic assumption.

That said I think Italy could indeed have done a better job in protecting the South. Being attacked by 3 countries in the North makes it sound very tough were Switzerland is in intensive care and Germany and I only stepped in to stem the Italian advance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sun Tzu said:

Well, this turn has provided conclusive evidence that Spain and Portugal are soldiering for the dark side and that your war with them is an entirely artificial one.

Of course I can not prove that Italian turn results have changed hands but given the above and the speed with which Italy has been jumped and conquered makes this a not unrealistic assumption.

That said I think Italy could indeed have done a better job in protecting the South. Being attacked by 3 countries in the North makes it sound very tough were Switzerland is in intensive care and Germany and I only stepped in to stem the Italian advance.

 

Yes it is obvious...you have no idea of the past situation. But Happy gaming...and believe in your self and your own thoughts...in the long term you believe them even more.

And you know: who defends all defend nothing. But I in the end lost it all. But you can prove if you can stand up against 6 enemies without enough support, due to the game circumstances, by your TA's.

Greetings Rednas 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sander had to make a choice. He was already fighting in the north, and he couldn't fight on both fronts. Could he have stemmed the African invasion? Possibly, but he was dead from the moment the Africans landed. His fate was likely sealed when Germany entered the war. I have no issue with his continued fighting in the north, the fact that he fought at all once Africa attacked him shows a commitment I wish others had for this game. Do I wish he'd fought the Africans instead of Germany and France? Of course I do, but I can't condemn him for his play. He backed the wrong horse, should have thrown in with us at the start of the game against Yugoslavia, but with Denmark and Lowlands as total allies, that wasn't going to happen. Good game Sander, I'm sure we'll meet again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Marklen X said:

Sander had to make a choice. He was already fighting in the north, and he couldn't fight on both fronts. Could he have stemmed the African invasion? Possibly, but he was dead from the moment the Africans landed. His fate was likely sealed when Germany entered the war. I have no issue with his continued fighting in the north, the fact that he fought at all once Africa attacked him shows a commitment I wish others had for this game. Do I wish he'd fought the Africans instead of Germany and France? Of course I do, but I can't condemn him for his play. He backed the wrong horse, should have thrown in with us at the start of the game against Yugoslavia, but with Denmark and Lowlands as total allies, that wasn't going to happen. Good game Sander, I'm sure we'll meet again. 

Hi Marklen X,

Well thanx for these words. At least one who does understand the situation. And yes, you make some choices at the beginning of the game that are in the end maybe not the right ones.
And if TA's are dropping, others overrun and the game play is not as wished for, well than you almost know your destiny is sealed. Afterwards....afterwards...what to do...makes no sence to talk about that. It is like its is.
Wish you all a good game.
Greetings Rednas

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well at least I am finally recognized as “The Supreme Player.” Not to be confused with second best or even third. 

Now all must bend the knee😂

Seriously though in my opinion no defense in your entire country is poor game play. Doesn't make you a bad player just a risk you took that proved costly. It’s just a game no need to take shit so serious and get offended. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 10:44 AM, Predator said:

Well at least I am finally recognized as “The Supreme Player.” Not to be confused with second best or even third. 

Now all must bend the knee😂

Seriously though in my opinion no defense in your entire country is poor game play. Doesn't make you a bad player just a risk you took that proved costly. It’s just a game no need to take shit so serious and get offended. 

Italy had an "all or nothing" approach.  Sometimes it works...  Sometimes not so much...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

victory-map-diplomacy-10528.png.c6f83870ccd1424d3fbf6f7956c2668e.png

- The French take xNimes as a compensation for xMarseilles
- Norway advances against Sweden
- Northern Russia advances against Baltic States. 

On the Next map: Are friends of friends of friends of Friends my Friends? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Marklen X said:

Red certainly looks dominant, and with blue and green your "friends" don't see them being stopped anytime soon. 

... Except for the fact that "Blue" and Red are fighting with eachother too. It is a three way war. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...