Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Any status? :cheers:

Stocks are down-Production failing- Unemployment rising-Political crisis looming ; oh, wait, that's just me re-working my production queue! :cheers::cheers:

I think it might be a little late for that, Mr Bush! :drunk:

Bush? No, although we had heard rumors and speculation from our scientists about a race of 'plant men' and are just beginning to probe the galaxy to find them. :unsure:

We of the Gornase Federation creatures of benign visage, pleasant demeanor, and refined tastes. :(

Orderly! Another Stimulus Package here! :D:thumbsup:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a complaint.

I was messing around with "Command and Conquer" on Friday night and discovered it was 3 o'clock in the AM (I get a little carried away when I play C&C - understatement). I thought I'd check for my turns before turning in. The turns were in - and it was another two hours before I got to sleep.

Shouldn't there be a health warning when you start playing SNROTE? You know, about addiction and the like?

Turns are in :thumbsup:

Ali-t-akua thats just cruel timing it like that so I was just about to go do something else and now I need to stay and wait for my turns :(

Still the power appears to be working today so it can't be that bad just a few more minutes to wait for my turns :D

Sir Smeg :cheers:

Sorry Sir Smeg. :drunk: I woke up to the wind and could not get back to sleep so I thought I would check. I hope you did not have to wait too long. :cheers:

No I'm rather happy the turns came in early this time, mainly since I get to fly out to a nice remote location for work, so if I am going to put turns in it needs to be done before monday.

I've got a complaint.

I was messing around with "Command and Conquer" on Friday night and discovered it was 3 o'clock in the AM (I get a little carried away when I play C&C - understatement). I thought I'd check for my turns before turning in. The turns were in - and it was another two hours before I got to sleep.

Shouldn't there be a health warning when you start playing SNROTE? You know, about addiction and the like?

Now be honest! Would you have heeded such warnings? Or would you have been even more eager to taste the catnip? I think any warnings would be an invitation to partake. Hmmmmm.....marketing opportunity for RTG?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...allow me to welcome to this biweekly forum for the wait for the turns...what will it be this week , might this finally be the week where we actually get our turns on a rare Friday once again , or will this be a week where we get our turns late Saturday....waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want my turns yesterday <_< ...oh, Chairman Lar , beat you to being first this round :P

Hmmm...allow me to welcome to this biweekly forum for the wait for the turns...what will it be this week , might this finally be the week where we actually get our turns on a rare Friday once again , or will this be a week where we get our turns late Saturday....waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I want my turns yesterday :o ...oh, Chairman Lar , beat you to being first this round <_<

Just had to be first, didn't you? :ranting:

I was busy researching the copyright on "Theocratic Inspiration', and you took advantage!!! :rolleyes:

There were computer glitches! My dogs all wanted out after they ate my turnsheet! ....... Finish with any age-appropriate excuse you can find. :P

At least we're in the top 5! :(:cheers:

Can't you feel it? The bated breath; the trembling finger on the mouse? The very real NEED to check your Inbox even a day earlier than the turns could possibly be there.

Waiting. Scheming. Hoping. The exquisite anxiety to see, and discover; to experience, and agonize over lost or fumbled intentions gone wrong.

This is SN:ROTE.

Treatment is possible - of course it is. But you must want that treatment. You must desire a return to normal mental health and happiness. But for some it is too late. For some the reality of SN:ROTE is ascendant.

For some there is nothing more than the silent dying screams in space, the thud of explosives, and flare of gauss rifles in ground combat, atmospheric warcraft tearing through purple skies above - the thrill of victory. The devastation of defeat.

Life.

Death.

Reality.

I love the smell of ionized air in the morning.

I love the smell of ionized air in the morning.

<_<

Some of us still have to wait half a year or so before we get a chance to tell our neighbours just how much we love them. :P

You ultimately would be exceptionally lucky to find your neighber in half a year of playing SN......

Add to it the time I've already played... <_<

It's still better than hitting yourself with a rock until it feels good. :( Although; it's a difference only in degree, and the devil is in the details. :rolleyes:

Orderly! More Time Compressing Stimulus here! :P:o

An early heads-up on results: given that it currently takes from 10 to 14 hours just to run industrials and create snapshots, pdf's, data files et al (crazy large numbers of junk screens combined with high speed convoy routes have taken their toll), I don't see the results coming out until tomorrow. It's possible that the rest of the orders part of the turn will zip right through, but given the number of large engagements I am expecting, I kind of doubt that will happen :P

I wonder if it might be anything to do with the run-time needed for the other games of RTG - I think we can safely assume that Pete isn't running them all out of a mainframe computer with terabytes (or whatever they're called) of processing power. Players in the other games might not be as keen to be moved aside for the SNROTE game, after all.

Sure, it would be nice if we could get things moving sooner, I'm with you on that all the way, but is that a practical answer in terms of RTG man-hours and equipment availability? I would be interested to hear from Pete or Russ on the topic.