Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

I submitted my turns several days ago , and the due date on our last turn results did say December 10 , so yeah , today is due date......the upcoming events was never updated , though , so it does make one wonder......

See-I knew someone besides me would notice!! :angry2::beer:

Hi Guys,

Yes, SuperNova Turns are due today as per the note on your last PDF result(s). My fault for not updating the calendar with the due date information :python: I've got it updated now - sorry for any confusion :beer:

Russ

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I submitted my turns several days ago , and the due date on our last turn results did say December 10 , so yeah , today is due date......the upcoming events was never updated , though , so it does make one wonder......

See-I knew someone besides me would notice!! :python::beer:

Hi Guys,

Yes, SuperNova Turns are due today as per the note on your last PDF result(s). My fault for not updating the calendar with the due date information :beer: I've got it updated now - sorry for any confusion :(

Russ

The only people confused are the ones paying TOO much attention to details. :angry2:

Hi Guys,

Pete has been a little slowed by illness the last couple days but he is doing a little better now. The results probably won't be out as early as the last couple cycles but he'll get them out as soon as possible.

Pete and I have also been discussing our holiday schedule and here is an early heads up - the next SN cycle will be due on Tuesday, December 23rd (midnight our time) instead of the usual Wednesday so please try to get your turns in as soon as possible on the next one. Pete's goal is to try to get turn results out by Christmas Day :python: then we'll return to normal on the following cycle (Wednesday, Jan 7th).

I've updated the forum calendar to reflect the change and Pete will be including a GM note with this turn as another reminder. If you have friends & allies who don't actively check the forums please remind them of the change from the normal due date for the next cycle. I'll put up another reminder after this cycle is done as well. Please do your best to get the next cycle's turns in as soon as possible and we should be able to get them back to you for Christmas :beer:

Take care, good gaming and happy holidays!! :angry2:

Russ

Hi Guys,

Pete has been a little slowed by illness the last couple days but he is doing a little better now. The results probably won't be out as early as the last couple cycles but he'll get them out as soon as possible.

Pete and I have also been discussing our holiday schedule and here is an early heads up - the next SN cycle will be due on Tuesday, December 23rd (midnight our time) instead of the usual Wednesday so please try to get your turns in as soon as possible on the next one. Pete's goal is to try to get turn results out by Christmas Day :python: then we'll return to normal on the following cycle (Wednesday, Jan 7th).

I've updated the forum calendar to reflect the change and Pete will be including a GM note with this turn as another reminder. If you have friends & allies who don't actively check the forums please remind them of the change from the normal due date for the next cycle. I'll put up another reminder after this cycle is done as well. Please do your best to get the next cycle's turns in as soon as possible and we should be able to get them back to you for Christmas :beer:

Take care, good gaming and happy holidays!! :angry2:

Russ

Thanks for the heads up. :beer:

Hi Guys,

Checked in with Pete and he's been feeling worse :beer: I'm pretty sure there is no alien infestation :angry2: to worry about and he is still plugging away at it but things are going a little slower than hoped for. It looks like turn results for this cycle won't be out until sometime tomorrow at this point. Just wanted to let you know early so you don't spend the evening checking and wearing out your email software :python:

Russ

No worries,

Tell him to get better, wear a warm pullover and drink lots of hot cocoa...

For those that are interested, this turn the GGT are performing a public test of the Flag Bridges in battle. Will post in later under the Hellenic WP fall thread. A light combat probe fleet equipped with 30000 screens and some ships of the line are is going test if the the theory that if you have a fleet with screens and flagbridge vs a fleet with no flagbridge but loads of screens, that their fire will be wasted on your screens while your fire is concentrated on his capitol ships as it is stated in the ANZ blurb. Great fun will be had by all :angry2:

Cheers

/Locklyn

No worries,

Tell him to get better, wear a warm pullover and drink lots of hot cocoa...

For those that are interested, this turn the GGT are performing a public test of the Flag Bridges in battle. Will post in later under the Hellenic WP fall thread. A light combat probe fleet equipped with 30000 screens and some ships of the line are is going test if the the theory that if you have a fleet with screens and flagbridge vs a fleet with no flagbridge but loads of screens, that their fire will be wasted on your screens while your fire is concentrated on his capitol ships as it is stated in the ANZ blurb. Great fun will be had by all :angry2:

Cheers

/Locklyn

Looking forward to seeing the info. Could you post it in the Flag Bridge thread though? :python:

-LX

Deep in the heart of some very big battle series. Given that it takes many hours just to print the results and get them ready for emailing, the results will definitely not be ready before very late tonight. Much depends on how long these engagements take, but it won't be soon no matter what :angry2:

Deep in the heart of some very big battle series. Given that it takes many hours just to print the results and get them ready for emailing, the results will definitely not be ready before very late tonight. Much depends on how long these engagements take, but it won't be soon no matter what :angry2:

Thanks for the update Pete. Hope you're feeling better.

LOCKLYN!!!!

It will be interesting to see your comments. Once capital ships are down, you would still have to pick off all the screenies, right? The analyze doesn't say anything about permenantly ignoring the screens. So the battle could rage on and on as you swat the gnats, depending on your fire control.

WKE,

Actually this is a light combat probe vs the Hellenes HW defences, I fielded a fleet with 30,000 screens and three capitol ships with firepower he has no defences against. I fully expect to lose the battle but its a test of how the Flag Bridge system actually works in screen combat before commiting the brunt of our forces to cleaning up the HW defences.

If it works as the ANZ says then the Hellenes should be wasting their firepower on my screens while my capitol ships concentrate on their heaviest and most deadly ships.

Fleet Admiral Short Straw "volunteered" as being the live brain on the flag bridge! All hail is bravery :angry2:

/Locklyn

Thanks for the headsup!

Did you have fun with the battles :angry2: All that imploding metal must be a sight to errm...watch? :python:

:beer:

/Locklyn