Rolling Thunder Forums

Official: Turns Are In Thread

EternusIV

Any idea on when the turns might get sent out today , if today? How are the brain pods doing , for that matter?

A couple of extremely big battles have slowed processing to a crawl. Things will pick up once the current battle finishes, but there's still a lot to do after that. At this rate I'd go with crazy late tonight and most likely into Sunday morning. Fortunately these kinds of battles are very rare, whew :P

As a side note I corrected quite a few turn files this cycle - several had apostrophes in ship names, bad juju there. A couple looked like they had been opened and edited in a word processor, and then saved back to disk (that's really bad because regular word processors save lots of interesting invisible characters).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real big battles? :P That would be the Allied Fleets attempt to clear the Hellenic Homeworld High Orbit :(

Keeping claws crossed here for a good show as the Flag Bridge continues to make us really happy!

Cheers

/Locklyn

Real big battles? :P That would be the Allied Fleets attempt to clear the Hellenic Homeworld High Orbit :(

Keeping claws crossed here for a good show as the Flag Bridge continues to make us really happy!

Cheers

/Locklyn

Real, real big. And not just one but several. Interesting to see a very significant number of ships in the galaxy fighting all in one cycle.

Orders done, industries grinding along now. Then ship counts, data files, snapshots, pdf's, emailing etc. Sunday morning for sure; I don't expect it to stretch into afternoon.

Cheers

/Locklyn

Real, real big. And not just one but several. Interesting to see a very significant number of ships in the galaxy fighting all in one cycle.

Orders done, industries grinding along now. Then ship counts, data files, snapshots, pdf's, emailing etc. Sunday morning for sure; I don't expect it to stretch into afternoon.

Perhaps the destruction of all this war mongery will hasten future turns. With fewer war ships out there, there can be fewer big battles. Right?

Of course, the ship yards are still producing. :D

Octus

Has anyone seen the Imperial Brain Pods? Anyone hear anything about an ETA? Im getting withdrawal symtoms here :P

/Locklyn

5 Things you are sure to hear in the next 90 days -

1. Taxes? What Taxes? When are they due? :unsure:

2. Digital Conversion? When does that happen? :drunk:

3. President who? :blink:

4. When are turns due back? :alien2:

5. Whaddaya mean they changed the due date? <_<

A gentle reminder for the pleasantly dis-associated among us! <_<:cheers::alien2:

2. Digital Conversion? When does that happen? :drunk:

4. When are turns due back? :alien2:

5. Whaddaya mean they changed the due date? <_<

A gentle reminder for the pleasantly dis-associated among us! <_<:cheers::alien2:

For those interested ... Hawaii went Digital on Jan. 16th, to avoid the nesting season of endangered birds in and around the towers that had to be changed over. And here are the tidbits on this change from the news:

Government officials and broadcasters estimate about 20,000 households in Hawaii still get their TV signals over the air, meaning they'd have to buy new TVs with digital tuners or digital converter boxes for their old TVs.

Even before the change, residents lit up special TV help center phone lines set up by the Federal Communication Commission and broadcasters. More than 300 calls came in Wednesday, and 10 lines were lighting up Thursday. "The calls we're getting now are from those people who are waking up and saying, `Oh my God, what do I do?"' said Lyle Ishida, the FCC's Hawaii digital TV project manager, just before the switch. Experts taking the calls quickly screened out anyone with cable or satellite service, because they are unaffected by the switch. But some confusion had been expected.

"No matter how many commercials we run, there will always be a certain part of the population that doesn't get the message," said Chris Leonard, president of the Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, who was helping out at the call center.

OH BOY -- I can see the fun when this goes live in the rest of the US. Extrapolate the calls from Hawaii where there are only 20,000 analog folks, to the rest of the US. Just taking the population of Hawaii versus the entire US to get a multiplier, and you end up with around 75,000 calls potentially on the day before the change . Or use the estimated number of US TV Viewers (115 Million) that still use just an antenna (10-15% = 10 to 15 Million analog viewers) and that leads to 150,000 to 225,000 calls. Yep, should be an interesting day when this happens.

2. Digital Conversion? When does that happen? :alien2:

4. When are turns due back? :cheers:

5. Whaddaya mean they changed the due date? :drunk:

A gentle reminder for the pleasantly dis-associated among us! <_<:blink::alien2:

For those interested ... Hawaii went Digital on Jan. 16th, to avoid the nesting season of endangered birds in and around the towers that had to be changed over. And here are the tidbits on this change from the news:

Government officials and broadcasters estimate about 20,000 households in Hawaii still get their TV signals over the air, meaning they'd have to buy new TVs with digital tuners or digital converter boxes for their old TVs.

Even before the change, residents lit up special TV help center phone lines set up by the Federal Communication Commission and broadcasters. More than 300 calls came in Wednesday, and 10 lines were lighting up Thursday. "The calls we're getting now are from those people who are waking up and saying, `Oh my God, what do I do?"' said Lyle Ishida, the FCC's Hawaii digital TV project manager, just before the switch. Experts taking the calls quickly screened out anyone with cable or satellite service, because they are unaffected by the switch. But some confusion had been expected.

"No matter how many commercials we run, there will always be a certain part of the population that doesn't get the message," said Chris Leonard, president of the Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, who was helping out at the call center.

OH BOY -- I can see the fun when this goes live in the rest of the US. Extrapolate the calls from Hawaii where there are only 20,000 analog folks, to the rest of the US. Just taking the population of Hawaii versus the entire US to get a multiplier, and you end up with around 75,000 calls potentially on the day before the change . Or use the estimated number of US TV Viewers (115 Million) that still use just an antenna (10-15% = 10 to 15 Million analog viewers) and that leads to 150,000 to 225,000 calls. Yep, should be an interesting day when this happens.

What do you mean our turns are going digital???? :blink: Where do I get a converter? Guess I'll just have to go to a StarBars to watch my turns..... <_<:unsure: