Rolling Thunder Forums

Project Overlord

lugal

Just to toss my two cents worth in.... Russ I'm also available to provide RTG my considerable free time to support any possible needs with respect to this new game. Other than the name I haven't a clue as to what it's about but the name itself hooked me. I can pre-read the rules, particpate in an inital testing phase, whatever RTG may need some support or feedback on. Your customer service support has always been outstanding so if I can do anything to support your efforts just let me know. Also please reserve an initial start up game position for me. I'll even pre-pay for the oppurtunity to get into this game out of the block. Thanks

Stonecrest

Russ I'm also available to provide RTG my considerable free time to support any possible needs with respect to this new game. Other than the name I haven't a clue as to what it's about but the name itself hooked me. I can pre-read the rules, particpate in an inital testing phase, whatever RTG may need some support or feedback on. Your customer service support has always been outstanding so if I can do anything to support your efforts just let me know. Also please reserve an initial start up game position for me. I'll even pre-pay for the oppurtunity to get into this game out of the block. Thanks

Ditto. :)

My impression from the discussions on the super secret Overlord list a while back was that they were in the design stage and hadn't even begun coding anything. They were putting out general concepts for discussion by players to see what would work and what wouldn't. Also to see what the players would like to see. A lot of cool thoughts came out on that list. I'm not going to divulge any of that information due to the Non_Disclosure Agreement they made me sign in blood. :blink::drunk:

Sakarissa :ph34r:

hmmm No disclosure my a$$. You've disclosed you were on the super secret list, which is no longer super secret, and that you have disclosed you signed a no disclosure agreement...........DUH.................SUPER SECRET DUH And to top that there was a warning of blood loss. Well I'm adding you to my list and in one short post you have been elevated to the top of this Super Duper Secret list, and you'd better have your blood drawn and typed as massive blood loss will result from being added to list. Anf just so you know on my personal list of Lifes Rules rule #1 is don't threaten just do...................

Stonecrest

*looks off scene nervously and looks back at camera* I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of blood signing. Nor can I confirm or deny the presence of an NDA. Project Overlord is a figment of my imagination. That is all. *stage whisper from off scene: "Good, your empire is safe from 'accidents' like a supernova." :ph34r: :lol:

Sakarissa :drunk:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys,

As per Russ this is on Code Hold as there are a few pressing SNROTE coding issues yet to be dealt with. The game sounds awesome, kinda like CIV SIM, but based from a smaller start and focus. Give it time guys, Russ will get it out as soon as he can, but all things worth while take TIME!!!

So take a chill pill!!! :lol:

Penn

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have noticed that UK-based State of Mind Games are already running a game called Overlord, which they describe as "medium-complexity PBM game of warfare, diplomacy and intrigue in a fantasy world".

:cheers:

Is this any relation to the "open-ended, fantasy, empire-building game that is currently in development by Rolling Thunder Games"?

Their website can be found at http://www.stateofmindgames.co.uk/

Gervais

• 4 months later...