Rolling Thunder Forums

EXPL results - Items found

Ok I know that Pete/Russ have stated that we have a slight chance, however small :) to actually find some cach of tech items with a EXPL order. Now my empire in what (20) turns has yet to discover anything inregards to a tech cache...what gives :nuke: !!! Now I seem to remember that Pete said that the % chance might be upped a bit...has ANYONE yet found a tech cach yet :taz: Now I know when you take over a NPC that you might find some tech stockpiled there but I am asking about through a EXPL order...anyone :thumbsup:

Nothing found here, although I really don't expect to see anything for some time to come. It appears that Pete has adjusted the exploration success rate to LOWER it and not raise it. Of course it might also take type C science labs or something to actually find something.

I have found technology through the EXPL order, although not in the form of actual transportable items. Is that what you're asking about?

So far, I've found two labs/ruins that have yielded points toward technology advances. Now, I am a science-oriented race and have built large science vessels to help me in such areas, but I'm sure anybody else could do it, given the right ship configuration and a little patience.

One tip - keep moving around from planet to planet...not every planet appears to have the same chance for an EXPL advance - and sometimes you'll find ancient tech in the weirdest places.

:(

Hiver,

They are referring to finding actual items that you could load as cargo (ie, 50,000 improved steel, or 100 Heavy Lasers, etc.)

So far, the only results from EXPL that players have reported are research points in lots of different tech but no actual items.

I've had a LOT of EXPL successes in the game so far before the "changing of the rules again" and never found an item. Nor have I heard of anyone finding an item. I had approx 20 successes per turn with my fleets that I put alot of resources into being a research/exploration race, now I get about 4-5 successes every turn so yeah, the chances have been seriously cut and apprently Explorer leaders have much less chance of affecting EXPL as well...too bad since it was one of the few "epic" things in the game so far...

/Locklyn

Finding actual items seems to have an unusually low chance attached to it - far lower than the chart otherwise indicates. Could be related to the Access record-counting issue that pops up from time to time. I'm going to look into this one as finding actual items is a lot of fun, and should definitely be occurring more often.