Rolling Thunder Forums

DELS Order Still Not Working Right

Ozboym

The DELS (delete standing order) order is still not working right. In my latest turn I did a:

-----DELS (Delete Standing Order)-----

DELS: 150, 160

Standing Order Priority # 150: [ XSKIM 4 ... ] has been deleted as ordered.

Standing Order Priority # 160: [ XSKIM 4 ... ] has been deleted as ordered.

And was somewhat peeved to see later in my turn:

-----SKIM (Skim Gas Giant)-----

SKIM: 4

Fleet # 4 at XXXXX deploys Fuel Shuttles as available and begins to skim for fuel at its current location. All ships are

capable of skimming if they have at least one Fuel Shuttle present.

20000 tons of Fuel is recovered as a result of skimming operations

The commander of 4th Resupply # 4 jettisons excess Fuel that could not fit into his Fuel Tankage (8000 Fuel is ditched)

-----SKIM (Skim Gas Giant)-----

SKIM: 4

Fleet # 4 at XXXXX deploys Fuel Shuttles as available and begins to skim for fuel at its current location. All ships are

capable of skimming if they have at least one Fuel Shuttle present.

20000 tons of Fuel is recovered as a result of skimming operations

The commander of 4th Resupply # 4 jettisons excess Fuel that could not fit into his Fuel Tankage (20000 Fuel is ditched)

This was supposed to be fixed! :alien2:

Honored One Singlet Ozboym

Li-Chi-Ko

Empire #4805

Yes, but didn't you previously state you'd put in a fix so they wouldn't be executed in the turn they are deleted?

Everytime a problem with standing orders crops up you say something along the lines of ".. standing orders are loaded before orders are executed ..". If this is the crux of all standing order problems, why is it neccessary? Wouldn't all the problems go away if you loaded and excuted standing orders AFTER executing normal orders so they can finish manipulating them first?

It would also give you the opportunity to get rid of that other annoying standing order quirk that when you add a new one, it executes at whatever position it is in your order file, but on subsequent turns moves to its priority in the standing order list. This has often confused me when adding XOC orders.