Rolling Thunder Forums

boeard login

hobknob

Does the function that keeps track of your login status work. I seem to have to login eery time I access the board. While it isn't a real big deal , it gets to be annoying if you just want to quickly check out whats on the board. And yes I have checked the box to remember me on this computer. It just doesn't look like it works. :robot:

hobknob

Same here. I just got through doing a "through" Scan Disk and Defrag on my hard drive and when I went to the old board I had to re-enter the info again at the main ezboard to get it to accept my log in. All return trips have not required me to log in again as this one does each visit. So it can't be my security or cookies either. :robot:

Russ,

Here's a new one for you. I lost my internet connection while in-between threads and now the thread I was about to view because it had the 'new' icon will not show up for me to read. It was something like "ANZ and Instal Decrepencies" or something to that effect.

I have logged out and logged back in; logged out, left the site, come back and then logged in and I can't seem to get the thread to show back up. Any suggestions?

I have logged out and logged back in; logged out, left the site, come back and then logged in and I can't seem to get the thread to show back up. Any suggestions?

Hmm...the thread appears to be there in the Tech Support: SuperNova Rise of the Empire forum so just go directly to the forum if nothing else and you should be able to access it.

I have the same relog_with_each_visit_despite_the_"Remember_Me"_ option_enabled problem.

Hmm...one thing you might try once you are logged in is to "Log Out" from the board then redo the "Log In" with your remember option toggle etc. Going through a board Log Out / Log In cycle might clear the problem.

That's my only potential remedy at the moment - if the problem persists let me know what your operating system is and what browser/browser version you are using. Perhaps I can figure out something with some additional data. :blink:

Russ

:(

Tried the login/logout/login routine and still the site doesn't remember me :(

This happens both at work (Windows 2000 & IE6) and also at home (Win 95C & IE5.5). Many other sites manage to remember my ID on both systems so I am convinced the problem lies in the cookie!

I have tried the same sequence of activities and the following operating systems, NT, XP pro, and Win 98 without success. I have also tried with IE6 and Netscape 4.7, 4.74. None of the remedies has yet to work. The only thing that has changed is that now It doesn't say welcome back like it did before sometimes.

I have also tried this from behind a firewall and with a standard dial up access.