Rolling Thunder Forums

boeard login

hobknob

Yeah, I have one.  Is there anything I should do with it? :(

edit: I don't keep my cookies in the default location but it really shouldn't matter.

Just making sure that one was being created :lol:

I'm still stumped on why it works perfectly well for some and not at all for others. :blink:

Had a look at the cookie file...the first word on the first line says "anonlogin". Do you think this might have something to do with the problem? If so can we manually edit it to what it should be?

I wouldn't recommend manually editing the cookie at this point. You might try deleting it and starting from scratch - I don't have much faith in that as a remedy however and I'm still trying to find some reason for the problem. :P

I have a query up on a board support forum regarding the problem so let's see if I get any ideas/feedback from that.

The other Invision board (see earlier post) is now remembering me perfectly, but this one still stubbornly refuses to do so! There is apparently no logic to this  :beer:

If there is I haven't found it yet :beer: No pattern that I can find - OS, browser...doesn't seem to matter. Some folks have the problem, others don't. :angry:

I've got one more tack to try - hopefully I can get something concrete on this phenomenon :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I use both IE 6.x and Netscape 4.7x. When using netscape I am remebered, but the borad doesn't come out right since the browser is so old. With IE I am never remembered. I am using XP Pro, NT4.0, and WIN 98 SE. I find it particularly annoying since I signed up at the IBP site and it remembers me fine. The problem has to be with the setup since the same software runs the IBP board and it works fine there.

I have resigned myself to logging in each and every time and now I hardly notice how inconvenient it is.

:lol: