Rolling Thunder Forums

Guard, Army or Marines

crossroads

Thanks Lord Xaar..I think Eternus posted the draft copy. I have asked Flaship for a postable copy. I did make one non-GSL comment (OK I had to) but really tried to make the game seem exiting. As many of you know the Raptor class ship in the article was scrapped (I was building 2) when a scribe in the Imperial Fuel Fleet realized that his bosses had transcribed an E with an F making the Raptors unable to get to the enemy world.

(All of these staff members have been shipped to the GSL front for clean up duty) - Damn I did it again :P

The Dreadnought was built this turn and is on its way. 3.9M tons of weaponry. Ughhh talk about expensive.

:drunk:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well, I guess ships this big are possible as Shipyards still don't take any Power! :angry:

It should be such a simple fix...... :taz:

Genuinely rather saddened by this........... :(

Are you sure? I'm wasting all of that carefully calculated power production for shipyards?!

Ah well, I guess ships this big are possible as Shipyards still don't take any Power!  :drunk:

It should be such a simple fix......    :taz:

Genuinely rather saddened by this...........    :cheers:

Are you sure? I'm wasting all of that carefully calculated power production for shipyards?!

Yes, absolutely damned positive! :robot:

I believe that Shipyards are only supposed to use power when they're being used, but this, more complicated as a result, bit of code doesn't work right.

As it's very important, in my opinion, especially to stop quite a lot of potential massive abuse; I reported it nearly a year ago and then carefully spent 4 turns tracking it down to the shipyards (not any of the mines, or stripmines).

How did I find out - the CON Hydro Plant failed, but all the newly built SM's still worked - and still do :P

Sadly it's not been fixed yet, due to higher priorities I assume. :unsure:

My personal vote is for a much simpler fix, at the very least to stop any abuse:

1) Power Stations produce the resource 'Power'

2) Shipyards consume power [new line] :unsure:

3) Mines use Power

4) Stripmines use Power

And then everything would be fine, and we'd even be presented with less of a dilemma on how many 'spare' stripmines we'd need to use up the power when our shipyard capacity wasn't completely used!

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

What is really important here is that everybody know that shipyards don't currently use power. Now that everybody knows, we can all forget whatever Pete had intended that still doesn't work and just go with the fact that shipyards don't use power. That will make those frontier shipyards even easier to build and opperate.

:rolleyes:

What is really important here is that everybody know that shipyards don't currently use power. Now that everybody knows, we can all forget whatever Pete had intended that still doesn't work and just go with the fact that shipyards don't use power. That will make those frontier shipyards even easier to build and opperate.

:rolleyes:

Now that would be a disaster! :taz:

Shipyards using 100 Power are surely a fundamental part of the game design :P

To have them not use power would change the strategic planning element of the game to a great extent and detract hugely from this game's status as one of the biggest and best....... :alien2:

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric (who loves his job....... :beer: )

:D

He'll probably fix it at the most inopportune time, so unless Pete wants to chime in that the rule has been changed, I'll probably keep power allocated to my shipyards.

Pete, if you are reading this, do you plan to fix this and if so, do you have an estimate on where it fits in the priority list?

It's actually trickier to fix than you might think - it will be corrected, however, so power will be an issue.

Why not just require shipyards to use power (but at the end of the queue) all the time. Then there isn't the problem of them only using it when they are building ships.

Just a thought.

Kill for Peace,

Tom

As for my colonies that contain shipyards, I calculate the power needs based on the shipyards running all the time. I have no problem with the suggestion made by Octagon999.