Rolling Thunder Forums

Guard, Army or Marines

crossroads

Any fix is a fine fix. I can live with anything Pete wants to do with shipyards as long as we know at least the turn in advance that something is going to happen. I am sure that nobody wants the rude awakening that a large % of their mines didn't produce because of new formulas.

So when the fix is in, please give us at least a turn's warning. That's all. :drunk:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:alien2:

The only reason I still have more mines than I should be able to power is just to notice when it is fixed!

I would be more than happy to lose the production to know that it's fixed......

That's my look out for stretching my morals to not taking advantage of the bug..... :( (albeit I really didn't think it would have been a year.... :beer: )

Chief Planner to Ur-Lord Tedric

Any fix is a fine fix. I can live with anything Pete wants to do with shipyards as long as we know at least the turn in advance that something is going to happen. I am sure that nobody wants the rude awakening that a large % of their mines didn't produce because of new formulas.

So when the fix is in, please give us at least a turn's warning. That's all. :(

:D

If you are taking advantage of this, or any other thing in the game, why should you be given a turn's advance notice when it is fixed? Tough luck, I say - you abuse it, you lose it. :beer:

What about all the people who could have had 500,000 more CM for production each if they knew about this and took advantage of it? Do we get that lost production back? :alien2:

Pig Skin

I would like the advance notice so I can make any necessary adjustments. There is no taking advantage of anything if everybody knows about it. It is a simple matter of a wanted feature not being available. Until it becomes available we are unable to use it. THe advance warning is also requested since I really doubt at this point that the fix will be the exact funtion that Pete wanted. If that is the case then the fix is likely to be something a bit different than anybody could have expected and therefore may need a bit of adjustment to make sure everything stays running smooth.

BTW - The fix could also be the same type of fix put in place for Gas Giant Skimming when it was pointed out that you could skim other planets contrary to the rules. If you recall the fix was " oh yeah you can skim any planet with atmosphere". The fix here may very well be that same if Pete can't resolve the programming issues.

One more note - If you are mad because you are generating more power than is necessary given the current situation then do something about it. It takes a couple of orders and you too can have all of those CM's to put to other uses. It is a choice you can make if you want to. Of course if you would rather continue generating lots of extra power tha is wasted just because a bad rules says you should then more power to you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:taz::taz::unsure:

Now, those people who check the boards know about it... but how many knew about this turns ago and abused it? How many won't know about it ten turns from now? How many more tricks have rules abusers been taking advantage of? All computer code has some problems, so some bugs always come in, but now I think I get it. The trick is about finding secret little advantages that are contrary to the rules and abuse them. Nice.

Quite sporting there.

Pig Skin

The issue of shipyards and powere was bounced around the boarsd almost a year ago when it was very apparent that it didn't work. Since then everyone who has access to the boards or access to a friend with access to the boards also knows. Any new players can also know by asking the question or reading the boards. AS with most really good exploits they can't be kept secret forever and eventually they get out so most folks know about them. That is the nature of the game. The really good ones then get "fixed" by Pete and the more trivial ones get relegated to the back burner.

And with that I declare this horse completely flogged to death....

I have been operating my empire on the assumption that the shipyards were using power. No way to tell since I don't see where on the turn results it would indicate a power deficiency.

Anyway, the rules being fixed will not affect my empire either way. I will still try not to cheat. I admit that I have cheated on games in the past by exploiting rules but the end results were always that those who didn't think about cheating just got angry and quit.

I don't want anyone to quit so I don't cheat anymore...at least not intentionally.

This is a problem with such bugs, people that are in the loop and scour the boards know about them and can keep (ab)using them until Pete gets to it in his stack of "Things To Fix" queue, the information flow is not solid, like when Pete changed Scientist Breaktrhoughs only to happen to things you are actually researching from the anything you had points in earlier. Nothing was said on the boards, nothing from Pete as far as I could tell either. Makes it harder for newer players.

Cheers

/Locklyn