Rolling Thunder Forums

legal orders in a convoy route

Pig Skin

I would be happy with simply an order like "LC, 22407, 302, ALLEXCEPT, Construction Materials, Refined Radioactives, Mk I Relativistic Heavy Ion Accelerator, . . .".

There should be a mirror OC ALLEXCEPT order as well. 

The other ideas sound kind of cumbersome and add yet another page to reference in the status report each turn.  We would need an exclude list for every population group and orders to add, delete, and edit entries in the exclude lists.  And I can't see a global exclude list being of much use in practice except for empires that did minimal colonization.

The reason that I mentioned the global exclude list idea is that for the most part what items do you really want to exclude? I'm guessing Power items, like Processed Radioactives and possibly Fuel from a dedicated forward-based Fuel production facility (you could always LC Fuel directly to override that exclusion). Would you need fine control over each pop group individually? I can't think of very many items that you would want to to exclude, but in any event it's worth discussing.

I could put a global exclusion list at the same place your fleet summary shows up, after industrial production etc - a few or even a dozen items wouldn't take up much space if placed on one or two lines.

After giving it some thought, I don't think I would personally find a global exclude list useful. As long as the specific LC,,,ALLEXCLUDE,item,item,etc. exclude option worked, that would be most useful to me. But it certainly couldn't hurt to have a global exclude list and I'm sure some players would find it useful. It's just that if it came down to a choice between a specific exclude option as part of the LC/OC orders, or only a global exclude list, I would much prefer the specific exclude option.

It is extremely important that any changes made do not effect the current form of the LC/OC orders. It would be a royal pain to edit all of my existing convoy routes that include LC/OC ALL orders.

I would like to add that in my opinion, all of this is very nice to have, but not as nice as some of the things we've been begging for for a long time now, like much more informative battle reports.

Suggestion: Put together a list of game changes that you want to do eventually, and post a poll on the BBS and let people vote the order they would like them implemented in.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an example of what I could put on my global exclude list, were it to be an option:

ConMats

Imp ConMats

Processed Rads

Water

Coal

Imperial Flag

Colonist

If there were really something from that list that needed uploaded I could do so manually. I don't see how this would not be useful to the vast majority of colonizers out there.

I colonize a LOT. This would be a godsend for me. This would save me from having to retype/reselect each one of these everytime I wanted to do a load all order.

That's my (one) vote.

Tom

Please add "Imperial Flag" to the default exclusion list.  I use my colony stockpile list as a quickie reference for colony identity #s.  Having all colonies listed there is preferable, even if they only have an Imperial Flag.

You can load an Imperial Flag as cargo...?

Never would have thought to test that one. :)

LX

You can load an Imperial Flag as cargo...?

Never would have thought to test that one. :huh:

LX

LC ALL used to also load the Imperial Flag (I have several at my HW; make you a good deal on a slightly used Imperial Flag). This was extremely annoying because it made the resulting empty population group invisible on the status report. I *think* Pete has fixed this, but I've heard nothing official on the matter.

But I have build some Imperial flags myself (not knowing that COLB actions would magically create one).... :D

Maybe someone wants to trade my imperial flags for their own?

They are really, really beautifull! :blink:

Kind regards,

But I have build some Imperial flags myself (not knowing that COLB actions would magically create one).... 

Maybe someone wants to trade my imperial flags for their own?

They are really, really beautifull! 

Kind regards,

I'll take some off your hand. Just send me the coordinates to your Homeworld so we can....trade. :nuke:

• 1 month later...
Hisser, hey I spotted what you were saying about some of the orders (especially CON).  Thanks for pointing that out.  I'm still not sure about if DISM works though since some say it does and others say not.

I'm going to try to insert a DISM order inside a Convoy Route. I did this once many turns ago and it didn't work, but it seems from this thread that it does work (?).

If DISM isn't a valid CONV order, could it be made into one? (I mean, if we can CON we should be able to DISM...) :)

What about the other orders that were mentioned? LFE, SENS, EXPL Are these valid? According to the supplement they are not, but they seem like they should/could work.

Also, regarding RN's in a CONV route: according to the supplement we can only set up a RN that moves ships into the Convoy ("the Fleet running the Convoy Route can accept ships from another real Fleet right in the middle of the Convoy Route run."). I think it would be useful to be able to move ships out of the convoy too. In part, it gives a workaround to the lack of fleet-to-fleet cargo transfers:

1.) move empty cargo ship into fleet containing cargo

2.) RN it right back out taking cargo with it

I've done this once manually and it really helped me out (didn't need to move the fleet to my colony in the system first) but I'd like to automate the process. We'd probably need the global exclusion lists to cover this as well. Anyone else think this would be useful?

-LX