Rolling Thunder Forums

VicManager

• 2 months later...
Got the spreedsheet and very impressive, well layed out and it actually worked.  :P  Might be interesting to add a production sheet that would, at a glance, show how much pop is avaialble for Factories and Resettlement?  Just a thought.

Moroc_vic74@yahoo.com

That was an idea I had also, other thing I'm thinking about is an overview of potential shortages for your industry production.

I'll see what I need when I receive my first turn results from game 74. That usually triggers some ideas :cheers:

• 1 year later...

Meatball,

Did you ever figure out the GPF problem from your first post? VICMAN worked "mostly" fine up till about 3 cycles ago. I'm getting a GPF now all the time. Maybe it's because my turn results have grown over time, but I can make VICMAN work with turn results from other people which are 10 times as long as mine... :)

Meatball,

Did you ever figure out the GPF problem from your first post? VICMAN worked "mostly" fine up till about 3 cycles ago. I'm getting a GPF now all the time. Maybe it's because my turn results have grown over time, but I can make VICMAN work with turn results from other people which are 10 times as  long as mine...  :)

Nah, I ended up using a spreadsheet one of my TA's had put together that did most of the same stuff.

• 1 month later...

Well: It took nearly 5 months, but I finally found a way to work around the GPF I was getting...

It seems that a certain city - which I've owned from the begining of the game - can no longer be anything but an AIC 1 (?). I suspected it was somewhere in the AIC area, as the program would jam at about 14% completion, while generating the AIC table.

I discovered it by trial and error, by editing my turn results in different AIC areas, until I clicked onto the right methode. All I have to do, is switch it to a "1" under "AIC lvl", and VICMAN now completes.

I tried experimenting by attaching it (within my results) to other cities. Thinking that this might solve the problem. No go. No matter where I try to attach it, the program will jam. Only solution is to have it all by itself. Good thing it wasn't an original level 1 city! <_<

I can't figure why it would work for over a year and a half, and then suddenly decide not to anymore...?

If anyone who has played Saudi Arabia has ever had a similar problem, please contact me. (Either to verify this, or maybe I can help you if you have a similar GPF error.)

Meatball; could you send me a copy of that spreadsheet you have, please?

Rommel; did you ever finish upgrading your own project?

• 1 month later...

I use the VicManager Program and have come to realize recently that the program has a bug with regard to the calculation of food production. It is always (0). Why? Is there a patch for this bug? Anyone know what the programmer used to write the VicMan file? I tried to pull apart the .exe file myself and have not been able to do so without corrupting the file.

Do we jest have to deal with this bug?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

I use the VicManager Program and have come to realize recently that the program has a bug with regard to the calculation of food production. It is always (0). Why? Is there a patch for this bug? Anyone know what the programmer used to write the VicMan file? I tried to pull apart the .exe file myself and have not been able to do so without corrupting the file.

Do we jest have to deal with this bug?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

This is a quirk that shows up every fall - the original programmer is looking for the word "Autumn" when VicManager looks at your turn results to get the seasonal multiplier for food production. Victory! actually uses the word "Fall" so VicManager can't calculate your food production correctly unless you adjust your turn result accordingly.

It's part of the header info - right under Privacy Option and Nation. Find where it says "Fall Turn" and change that to "Autumn Turn" and your food production should come out correctly.

Russ

Thanks Russ. It seemed kind of funny that I don't remember the numbers always being (0) for the last 6 or 7 months. I thought I was going nutty for a ltttle while there.

Sorry about posting it in both spots. I wasn't sure if the players new the answer as well, so I wanted to post in both spots to increase the likelyhood of getting an answer.

Earthling

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...